TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Colony - on USA & Bravo (Canada): Archive through February 05, 2016 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie - thank you, I had missed that part.

The people who were shot were because of his wife in the Geronimo resistance. He said there is a leak..

Yes and no. They were shot by the main resistance group lead by Geronimo, and they knew Will was about to find them because of his wife.

So Will catches the bomber, they get him to spill, he tells wifey, she tells Geronimo resistance. Then they kill the other splintered-off resistance group to protect themselves.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It's not that I want quick answers, it's just they pile too many conundrums at a time into the show. I just plain get lost about what is going on.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's a screenshot from the episode...it was so dark it just looked black on the other side of the wall, so I raised the exposure of the image as high as I could so the unlit skyscrapers could be seen on the other of the wall:
splitcity

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was totally muddled about the girl at the party who went with the guy with the painted on hair (that was just bizarre! I don't know the actor or his natural hair and hairline, but wow.. that was a bad paint job) anyway went to his home and missed why and then he gave her a box of goodies but they disagreed about something and she stalked out, but took the box of goodies.

The girl at the party was the sister of Josh's wife (I still don't know anybody's character names). She apparently knew the guy at the party from before, and he took her back to the house for a little party of their own. I think she was taking a shower following sex. I didn't even notice his painted on hair! I think she asked him about when she might see him again and he kind of brushed her off like it was just a one-time thing. That's why she was pissed. But she took the care package. (Don't blame her.)

Josh's family has water, cause it showed him in the shower.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The girl at the party was the sister of Josh's wife (I still don't know anybody's character names)"

I can't remember her character name either but I recognize the actress from another show. That's Van Pelt from "The Mentalist"! This is the first thing I've seen her in since The Mentalist went off the air.

The guy she was with wanted to keep sleeping with her but not openly. I think he thought she would adversely affect his standing in his new collaborator government job. I think she took it the right way and dropped any notion of seeing him again on the spot. Good for her. He was a bad guy anyhow....he tried to kill Olivia Pope on Scandal and then he took over Severide's job as leader of the unit on Chicago Fire!

Weird...I don't remember their names but I remember their previous acting jobs! LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
All the women on this show look alike to me. The woman that has been hanging around Josh's house is HIS younger sister. Was she the waitress at the party, or does his wife have a younger sister?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She was the waitress at the party. You're right, SFJF, she was Van Pelt on the Mentalist.

You're so funny, SFJF! I'm always seeing people I recognize from other shows and will tell hubby, "He's a vampire!" (cause I've seen said actor on True Blood or Vampire Diaries). Drives him kind of crazy!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I still haven't watched the last episode. I just can't seem to want to watch it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm really enjoying the show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
thanks for the photo Sanfranjoshfan
Iseem to miss a lot when I watch TV.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy this show as well. The acting is good and I like the storyline!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I watched "behind the wall" on demand last night, it really just recapped the story and did not really reveal anything new to me.
I should add though, that I didn't realize the bots were emerging from the wall roof. there were a lot of shots of the wall in daytime and night and they did discuss the editing to create the wall in all the shots of LA but spent more time on explaining how they edit out cars and planes on video shots.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the last episode. Kept my attention. I'll just have to decide week to week whether or not to stay with it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm liking it very much. I'm a bit more confused today.

Why was Geronimo on radio lauding the behavior of the bomber "Tom", when it was Geronimo's group who broke off with Tom's group for "tactics"? And then apparently killed them all off so they wouldn't be exposed?

I also found the bit of information from the teen boy's girl friend interesting - that they had been going to the other side of the wall for supplies through that underground passage and there was "no one there."

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
We're liking this show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is it just me, or does it seem like Will's partner does as little as possible at work - almost like he has no interest in busting the Resistance?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's not just you. He has been reluctant from the beginning, and although he follows along with Will... he seems more interested in just surviving than in catching the resistance.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Karuuna. Will's partner seems like he's just trying to survive. If only his dishwasher hadn't broken down! He might still be in that cabin in Big Bear. But then, who knows what's going on up there?

Lexie, I'm sticking with my opinion that Van Pelt is Katie's sister, not Will's. When they were hanging out at the bar and then coming back to the house, they were talking about "Dad" catching them doing something. It seemed like they were talking about being kids together.

From the previews, could it be that Will's boss is secretly in the resistance? This show just gets more convoluted and interesting. That's what I always loved about Lost. I didn't always understand everything, but it always took turns that surprised me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - I love that we refer to her as Van Pelt. I didn't recognize her at first and I'm usually good at that.

Whenever someone asks "Is it just me?" I've always wanted to be able to respond "YES!". But that is a good observation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm still on board.. we will see how long that lasts.

Hmm if no one is on the other side, maybe they should keep going.. but those pesky demon drones.. wonder how far they can go?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
wiki

BJM, this is why I was so confused. In the cast description, they refer to Maddie as Katie's sister, but in the episode description they refer to her as Katie's sister-in-law.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup, confusing! We have known episode descriptions to be mistaken (Wiki too, though).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else wondered if the drones are actually the visitors who attacked them?

That would be an interesting twist....keeping their identities secret because they realize humans would never surrender to mere machines. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That would be a great twist but it's probably more clever than what the writers would come up with.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 05, 2016 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
He said, "Hi sister-in-law!' in the latest ep. So that's settled.
I like SIL storyline and the son's storyline best.