TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 01, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: Archive through February 01, 2016 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The biggest bucks is just hazard pay for working in a middle-eastern country. No thanks, not this kid.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I have always found Edith as the one with the most growth, and she made her own, as she was the neglected one. I hope she gets that new guy as her chosen one and doesn't bury herself in the publishment of a magazine. Edith has been looking for "Love" all her life.
I find the entire 'hospital' portions as a filler for the older generation to come into the future.
Downstairs will remain somewhat in the past, but are entering retirement age,and must make future plans.
I think the writer would have the wrath of the viewers if he didn't give Thomas a somewhat decent ending.
Mary is Mary, (stagnant) and they might bring her auto suitor back, because we haven't seen anyone else on the horizon.
If only she could show her sister a smidgen of what and how she is towards Anna.
Perhaps Tom can be his head mechanic or at least open a dealership of that era. Autos have always been Toms love.
Cora and Robert will go on being the stewards of the manor.
It's a shame they decided to push the Drew's out of the picture to finalize plans for Mr. Mason and Daisy but I guess that's what they call tying up ends.
My favorite though has been Anna and Bates. The way Bates looks at Anna makes me smile EVERY time. I hated that the writer dragged that death on and on every season, so much that I wanted to beat HIM to death.
The one great thing Mary will do, is for Anna to have a baby as Anna has been her confidant the entire series.
I guess we will have to see how they play it out, but that's my 2 cents for now.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Off topic.
Has anyone been watching Cora on the Smithsonian network?
Last year, she told us about the Million dollar American Princesses like Cora somewhat became.
They were American females and brought the money that the titled men needed. It was excellent!
The first female in Parliament was an American. I was taken aback by that. Learn something every day.
This season is about the millionaire trailblazers, and mostly has been about wasted lives. Interesting, but not as good as last season.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Csnog great post about Downton.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Csnog...Yes, excellent post. Yes, since Mary is helping Anna, maybe Mary can get some redemption in our eyes! We want an Anna/Bates baby!!!!

It was a little ridiculous how happy I was when Tom and Sybbie showed up. It was if he was someone I really knew!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the wounds between Mary and Edith are too deep, and yes, they go both ways. Mary may have been snarky, but I will never forgive Edith for writing that letter. That was a terrible, terrible thing to do to your sister.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
So delighted to see the return of Gwen in last night's episode! And I loved her sweet remembrance of Sybil and loved, even more, how THAT led to Mary being reminded about her own shallowness. Richly satisfying show last night!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes! Gwen remembering Sybil's kindness did spark something in Mary! That was good!

Oh Thomas! He just keeps shooting himself in the foot!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Last nights ep was so engrossing that I was so p'od when it felt to me like an abrupt ending... I wanted MORE! LOL

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow, I had the complete opposite reaction to last night's show. I'm tired of the hospital storyline. Daisy annoys me sooooo much now. She never used to be like that. Gosh, the only storyline that I was interested in was Moseley. Remember when he was so annoying. I just think his character has silently grown so much. Love him.

I do love Mrs. Patmore too and was sad for her when she alluded that she'll never experience sex (my words, not hers).

The clothes that the women were wearing were fun. And I feel sorry for Thomas, always out of step with everyone. That guy is an amazing actor.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's episode a lot, but I agree Daisy is beyond annoying. I was almost hoping she'd get fired! She never listens, does she. She's like a teenager. :-)

Loved Mary and of course the matriarch. She is awesome.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Maggie's quips last night were great!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
In some instances Daisy seems to be channelling her cheeky GALIVANT character. Last night, I wouldn't have been surprised if she'd burst into song! LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't recognize "Gwen" at first, until she started talking and then all I could think was, "You know nothing, Jon Snow!" I remember her learning to type, and had forgotten how much help Sybil gave her. That was so sweet.

I feel so sorry for Thomas. He really is his own worst enemy. He seems so sad and lonely, but then he goes and tries to sabotage someone else and just loses all the goodwill he's built up. Ugh!

I almost burst into tears when Anna finally gave Bates the good news. Wonder if they'll put her on light duty for the next few months. I should hope so!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Mary will see to that baby. She has a vested interest in seeing that Anna carries the baby to term after all she has done for Anna.

See, Mary isn't so bad after all.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nobody has mentioned that poor Lord Grantham is having stomach problems of some kind. At first I thought it was his heart, but now it seems to be his stomach. He needs to see a doctor about that. I hope they're not gonna kill him off in the final season! That would be too tragic!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I figure it's ulcers... which are bad enough but not usually lethal.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
he did see a dr and it was determined that he had ulcers...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ha! Maybe I knew that and it was embedded deeeeeeep in the recesses of my brain. Grin. (Thanks Irsnappy!)

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling that whatever's wrong with Lord Grantham will tie into all of this hospital drama that's going on with Isobel and the Dowager. He will need some sort of medical care and the local hospital won't be able to help, or something like that.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Katycat, I think you may have nailed it! Bet you are right, and wish I'd thought of it. LOL

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
they said at the beginning of this season that people like the Granthams have the resources to get to London to get better care than the other locals... but yes, if there is an emergency, this will prove why the hospital needs to stay current!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
good thinking Katycat...then and only then will all this hospital nonsense make sense.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Well, Robert sure knows how to ruin a dinner party, doesn't he? I jumped a foot when he blew blood all over everyone. Glad he's ok though, I do like him.

Not liking Daisy lately though, she's turning into quite a brat-I don't understand why she doesn't want her father in law to have more friends?! I think he and Mrs Patmore would make a nice couple.

And also--if I were Mrs Hughes, I would have dumped Carson's dinner over his head.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Quite a lot of blood when Robert got sick!!

Mr. Carson cracked me up at his kitchen table! He is lucky she didn't thrown a shoe at him!