TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Grease Live (Jan 31st)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grease Live (Jan 31st) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 31, 2016Lakecat25 01-31-16  7:04 pm
Archive through January 31, 2016Pamy25 01-31-16  10:40 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 1:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I loved everything about Grease. Pamy you said it best!!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 2:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
As usual for me, I haven't seen Grease yet. Kota wants to watch it with me and she was busy working on a paper tonight, so we'll wait to watch later in the week.

But, kinda funny story. I love Grease, always joke it's the best movie ever made and my girls (Kota and my nieces) have all seen it numerous times. My younger niece, who turned 8 a couple months ago, finally saw Grease for the first time a few months ago. Sis had a c-spine nerve block done and the girls stayed with me for a couple days. We all got into jammies and sat watching it for her first time.

She, of course, loved it and wanted to watch it again right away. Made it through half the movie the second time around. The next day, I'd had an early start to the day and was gone until that late evening, only to come home and find out niece had watched the movie like 4 times back to back, lol. She now knows all the words to the songs and is working on dance moves.

So, when we saw this was coming on, I made sure to tell her all about it. Even mentioning it was live and done with different actors. I was over tonight and pointed out she only had about 20 minutes til it came on and she said yep, she had to wake her mommy up (sis is recovering from neck surgery) because she'd wanted to watch it with the girls.

Anyway, I got a message on fb earlier from sis who was cracking up. I guess as soon as the movie started, little niece started complaining, "That's not Sandy! That's not Danny! Who are these people?" Sis said it was hysterical, she kept up the complaining throughout the entire show, well, except for when there was a song & dance and then she stopped complaining long enough to sing along. I cracked up, I can't wait to see her tomorrow to hear first hand what she thought about it, lol.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
absolutely loved it!!! i have seen enough stage productions (professional and high school LOL) to not get worked up about it not being John Travolta or Olivia Newton John and just enjoy it. I thought Zach (former Glee choreographer) did a great job.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm like your Neice,I would have preferred another Danny, like the actor who played Mr Shue from Glee. Did Yall notice the tram car seemed to hit a pot hole. It swayed way to the left. That would have really messed up the finale had it tipped over. I also noticed a wardrobe malfunction at the end on Rizzo. I agree, Vanessa Hudgens stole the show but everyone did a great job.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Wasn't a pothole Lakehead, he hit the curb. Hubby yelled at the tv that he was taking the corner too tight but apparently the driver wasn't listening. Lolol

Vanessa showed a lot of grit, can't imagine what mixed emotions she must have had after the adrenalin wore off.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I noticed the tram tipping too. If it had gone over . . . What a horrible ending that would have been!

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
By far the best of the live musicals. A couple of thumps on microphones, a stray napkin on one set, and driving over the curb notwithstanding we thought it was pretty good.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I didn't plan on watching even thought I do love Grease and almost forgot but I saw a lot of people posting on Facebook so I tuned in. I only missed the first 8 min.
I wasn't expecting to like it but it was so much fun and what a great job. It's a lot of work to do a live production, loved all the dance scenes!

Also I imagined the songs mixed around and different ones were so it would give time for the cast to change, get to sets, etc.

The ending was the best!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was listening to a show this morning and they said one of the components that added to this particular live presentation was that they actually had a live audience!

I wasn't a fan of the Danny but thought Julianne was outstanding as Sandy and Vanessa as Rizzo. (I thought the Danny guy oversang - he sounded more like a vocal student than a performer - he had a beautiful voice but it was almost too good - and he looked too old for the part IMO.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I actually LOVED Danny, and so did hubby! I thought he was great. I thought Juliana's dancing was better than her singing. She was good on the high, loud parts, but weak on the soft parts. I thought their sound system could have been better. At times the music was too loud for the singing.

Vanessa Hudgens knocked it totally out of the park! She almost broke my heart when she was singing "The Worst Thing I Could Do."

The whole time I was trying to figure out who was playing Frenchie. It was Carly Rae Jepsen! I had read a while back that she had been cast, but I'd forgotten. She was great!

And thanks for whoever it was who said Eve Plumb was the shop teacher. I saw her name in the credits at the beginning, but never did figure out who she was playing. Ana Gasteyer did a fabulous job channeling Eve Arden as the principal. She was great!

Hubby was sleeping on the couch when I started watching this. He woke up and watched the whole thing with me. We both totally enjoyed it. Felt like we were there. I think the live audience made all the difference.

I watched the first half of the Sound of Music Live, but couldn't get through it. I was bored. This was so much better. Loved the whole thing, start to finish!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a sweet article about Vanessa's boyfriend, Austin Butler, watching and tweeting from the audience during the live show. He's Will on The Shannara Chronicles. Cutie pie!!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/735870/can-you-spot-vanessa-hudgens-boyfriend-austin-butler-in-the-grease-live-audience

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
More fun behind the scenes info:

http://www.eonline.com/news/735785/grease-live-behind-the-scenes-19-fun-facts-from-the-audience

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just got my tape rewound and I am watching it now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, at the drive-in.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, they didn't have Sandy smoking a cigarette.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Great show! Loved the ending, cracked me up when the tram sort of tipped!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We're at the sleepover now, having fun watching it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally watched my recording last night. I thought it was a phenomenal performance for a live show. I don't know who Vanessa Hudgens is that played Rizzo, but she stole the show. The end of the show was too much fun!!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Vanessa is mostly known for Disney's High School Musical (1, 2, and 3) which she was good in too..but this was even better due to the actual script :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, they didn't have Sandy smoking a cigarette.

Dipo, I caught that, too. Sandy is from "Salt Lake City" (ie. probably a Mormon, as is Juliana). Of course she wouldn't be smoking a cigarette!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Where was original Sandy from? I don't remember.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Australia

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes they made Sandy Australian for Olivia Newton-John. :-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Grease was first a 1971 musical. Not a movie starting John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. It didn't even start on the beach with Sandy and Vinny saying goodbye so it wasn't a big deal where she was from. That came later. For the movie, there was quite a bit of controversy about ONJ playing Sandy so that created the move from Australia.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: