TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: Archive through January 20, 2016 users admin

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I am with you Mame, whatever Mary gets she has caused...b*tch is right....

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I still like Mary. At least she goes after what she wants. Not like Doormat Edith, who always looks confused.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I love Mary and I love Edith almost equally and for wildly different reasons. I give the edge to Mary for the way she confronted that strumpet blackmailer in the season opener.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I would have learned to love Mary if Andrew had lived (unless she dirted on him), but alas it was not to be. She's still villainous in my book for what she did to Edith in early episodes.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Edith deserved it for ratting her out to the Turkish government!

And GAL, I think you mean Matthew?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Edith was repaying Mary for a lifetime of nonstop crapping on her.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
WONDERFUL episode last night!!! At the end I was grinning from ear to ear.

SO glad to see Edith kick that editor to the curb and edit the magazine herself...and meet a new beau in the meantime (I deduce this one)

So glad to see Matthew and Sibbie back, the wedding between Carson and Mrs. Hughes was precious...you can see who is going to end up wearing the pants in that household! LOL All around a wonderful episode.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I countersign your above entry, Missp.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was so sad for Mrs. Hughes (now Mrs. Carson!) when Cora found them all in her room and went off on them like that. I was glad she was able to apologize and gave her the coat. How many others does she have? It was the least she could do.

I nearly burst into tears when Tom and Sybbie showed up at the wedding. He and Sybbie belong at Downton. I was so happy they came back.

This season is going by too fast! I feel like they're trying to tie up all the loose ends and give us closure on so many things. It breaks my hear that it's all going to be over soon.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I was so happy to see Tom and Sibey(sp?) back!! Glad the wedding went off without a hitch. Edith did well with editor and new guy! Yes, you can feel it wrapping up..

I don't know what will happen with Thomas and the job situation.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My closed captioning and also imdb.com have the spelling as "Sybbie."

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Luv, luv, luved the ep! Downton at it's best.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
The new Mrs Carson looked lovely at her wedding. The skirl of the bagpipes after the ceremony was a wonderful added touch, paying homage to her Scottish roots and the wedding feast looked totally delicious!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
BJM - thanks, I wasn't sure how to spell her name.

Yes, the new Mrs. Carson did look nice. The coat added just the right touch!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
As, Mary Poppins would say, 'It was practically perfect in every way.'.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
LOL, OG!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
So surprised and glad to see the return of "Sybbie" and her Dad. Edith will do a fine job as the editor of her magazine.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I just hope Edith ends up with that tasty critter who helped her put the magazine together at the last minute!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Ricky - you just made me burst out laughing!! He WAS a tasty critter

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
yes Ricky, I hope she does end up with him but she really didn't pay him no mind....so maybe just reoccupied.
About time Cora got out of bed and actually said and did something useful.
Mary has now lost her job since Tom came back (a little heavier I might add lol)

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Lol, Ricky...he is a tasty critter!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just want everyone to find love and have a happy ending by the end of this season: Edith, Mary and even Thomas! And I want to see Anna with a baby.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too! :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Concerning modern day butlers I found this so interesting:
http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20160119-the-servants-making-150000-a-year

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Wow, those people really make a bucket load of money, OG.