TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Making a Murderer (Netflix)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Making a Murderer (Netflix) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 08, 2016Abby725 01-08-16  11:04 pm
Archive through January 13, 2016Scooterrific25 01-13-16  8:25 pm
Archive through January 16, 2016Brenda196625 01-16-16  6:41 pm
Archive through January 18, 2016Karuuna25 01-18-16  5:13 pm
Archive through January 31, 2016Ranger225 01-31-16  5:29 am
Archive through September 29, 2016Uncle_ricky25 09-29-16  2:58 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
interesting!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bad enough that it's Avery and his new fiancee, but Dr. Phil?! I now avoid him like the plague.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The nephew was supposed to be released by this Friday, but the federal court of appeals has blocked his release. He won't be going home.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/us/making-murderer-court-blocks-brendan-dassey-release/index.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 08, 2017 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, it looks like the nephew will be spending his life in prison after all.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/court-making-a-murderer-defendant-brendan-dasseys-confession-stands/

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
That may not be the case. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that may very well lead to Steven's exoneration. I would think it would be hard to keep Brendan in jail if Steven has been exonerated.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Really?! Is there a source, some articles or something we can read? I think Brendan needs a new trial.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Brendan Link

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Steven's new attorneys filed for a new trial in June 2017. That motion was denied in October 2017. That's the last update.

http://fox6now.com/2017/10/03/judge-denies-steven-averys-motions-for-new-trial-in-death-of-teresa-halbach/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I'm interested in seeing season 2. I'm not convinced of Steven's innocence, but I am convinced Brendan was manipulated and needs a new trial.

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
His attorney filed a Notice of Appeal on Nov. 17, 2017.

http://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Judge-denies-Avery-motion-Zellner-says-case-now-in-appeals-court-460574003.html

She has done DNA testing on the items she has been given access to, with interesting results, as well as uncovered several Brady Violations (information kept from the defense that would have helped the defendant)including a voicemail left on the Zipperer's phone, findings on a computer that had deeply disturbing pictures on it including some of the victim, and a page from the victim's day planner that is known to have been in her car when she disappeared, turning up in the hands of the ex-boyfriend. There is also proof that more than one person lied under oath. And that's not even all of it. There is a video of an interview with Teresa's roommate done when she was just considered missing, that seems to show the key lanyard on the kitchen counter days before it was found in Steven's house.

Sorry, I don't mean to ramble, I just feel very passionately that our courts should be held to a very high standard when people's lives are at stake. We are seeing people walk out of prison all the time these days who have been wrongfully convicted.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow -- I can't wait to see Season 2 for sure!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, she appealed the motion that was already denied by the judge who didn't find any of that stuff you listed to be convincing.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Steven Avery. I am bothered if someone else committed the murder and they are still free.

But I read all that evidence in the link you posted and wasn't particularly convinced. Several of the things you mentioned weren't in that article, so not sure how credible they are.

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
The Brady violations are in the 11/17/17 filing. There are also Brady violations listed in the 10/23/17 filing. It also provides evidence that the ex-boyfriend and Bobby Dassey both lied under oath.

http://www.kathleentzellner.com/steven-avery/

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55203379e4b08b1328203a7d/t/5a0f0111ec212d62c92f3d96/1510932761749/2017.11.17+-+Second+Amended+Supplement+to+Previously+filed+motion+for+reconsideration.pdf

The forensic results of the computer found in Bobby Dassey's bedroom are here, page 9.

Personally I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other of Steven, the person. They have tried to make him out to be some sort of violent sex offender who kills small animals, which just doesn't seem to be the case. He was exonerated of the rape, his cousin retracted her story once she was put under oath that when he tried to run her off the road he exposed himself in a lewd manner. The angry violent letters between Steven and his wife when he was in prison were written by both of them. Not sure I wouldn't be angry too if I found myself in prison for a crime I didn't commit, and receiving angry letters from my wife over being left with a bunch of kids to raise, and telling him she was leaving him, which she did, and married Brendan Dassey's father. The cat in the fire turned out to be a bonfire with a bunch of drunk people that got out of hand. When someone at the bonfire turned him in the next day to police, he admitted it and serve time in jail. He certainly isn't a saint, but I don't see anything that screams cold blooded murderer.

One final note. The story has always been that Steven lured her out to his home by using his sister's phone so she wouldn't know she was going to his house. She had been there on about 6 other occasions, including a visit only 2 weeks earlier. Steven and his sister lived on AVERY Road, which is the road that leads to Avery Salvage. The only people that live on Avery Road, are Avery's.

As for where his appeal stands, it is still moving forward, a notice has been filed with the appellate court which will review the files and make a ruling. This has not happened yet. Brenden's appeal is farther ahead of Steven's as he has had attorneys working on his appeal for a longer period of time.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Teresa Halbach's recorded message CLEARLY says she doesn't have the address and needs to know where to go for the appointment.

She obviously didn't know it was Steven.

"“Hello this is Teresa with Auto Trader magazine, um the photographer, and just giving you a call to let you know that I can come out there today, um, in the afternoon. It will probably be around 2 o’clock or even a little later. Um, if you can please give me a call back and let me know if it will work for you because I don’t have your address or anything so I can’t stop by without getting a call back from you. And my cell phone is 737-4731. Again it’s Teresa 920-737-4731. Thank you.”"

http://www.twincities.com/2007/02/21/steven-avery-trial-jurors-hear-halbachs-voice-on-phone-message/

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
Can't explain it. It is a fact that she had been there many times, including once to photograph pictures for Barb. The appointments were set up by calling Autotrader. They would fax her the appointments every morning, giving her names, addresses and phone numbers. We know that she had trouble finding the Zipperer's house because JoEllen said as much in her police interview. We know that Teresa left a voicemail on the Zipperers phone, that the police never disclosed to Steven's attorneys and it has since "disappeared". Hum..wonder what she might have said..

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/

This link is to every single document available to the public including trial transcripts, police interviews, photos, evidence etc.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on all of this. I have followed the case for the last two years and have been appalled by what I have found out. The documentary was just the tip of the iceberg. Despite how it may appear, I am a very strong supporter of law enforcement, having several family members who are police detectives. My family has also been touched by murder, seeing a family member killed and seeing the killer walk free when the jury didn't get it right isn't easy. That's why I am so adamant about juries getting it right, it swings both ways. And I freely admit that I despise this person, having worked with victims of domestic violence.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-da-ken-kratzs-law-license-suspended-in-sexting-scandal/

I am going to leave it at that. I have spent too much time already with this and I have to prepare for a houseful of people coming for the holidays. Enjoy the holidays.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And here we go again....

Season 2 starts Oct 19.

eta: This is almost 3 years since the first documentary was released, Dec 2015.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wasnt it decided in the last year they werent letting either one of them out?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, the conviction was upheld. For both.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
then Im not watching. I was outraged at the first one and knowing they still didnt get a new trial makes me furious

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
You should watch it. It's not anywhere near over. Steven's conviction has been bouncing through different courts and is still very much ongoing. There has been some very significant new evidence found as well as new, more sophisticated DNA tests that have been done. There are also sworn affidavits, prison recorded phone calls, and computer histories that are all pointing at someone else.

I'll just leave it at that. I don't want to get on my soapbox. If you believe he's innocent, you won't be disappointed, and if you think he is guilty you probably aren't going to watch it anyway.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh ty Looky, hoping he gets a new trial!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Steven is likely guilty but I'm going to watch it for sure. I think Brendan was railroaded. Can't wait to see part 2 of this.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I will watch as local attorney is featured. . Kathleen Zellner's office is only four miles from me.

Punkin

08-13-2009

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
Well, I've watched the new 10 episodes and I'm still firmly of the mind that Steven is guilty as hell! Poor Brendon was dragged into something he barely understood and never would have initiated on his own. I believe Brendon has convinced himself he is innocent. Let him go. But Steven should never get out.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I finished watching season 2.
I'm not sure what I think of Avery's guilt or innocence, but it seems like there isn't enough evidence to convict and it seems like some of the evidence is conflicting. Things that stuck out to me from this season: the daytimer page, the lack of bone on the bullet and all of the bullet holes in the garage, taking Teresa's toothbrushes out to the Avery property?! The lack of dirt on the car hood is very puzzling - the car was 5 or 6 years old. The spotting of the RAV and that information never being on a police report -- also the detective he told -- that is ALL so suspicious. I really have to wonder if it's a case of the cops "knowing" who did it and doctoring evidence to help prove it because they knew they were lacking enough.

And I find myself so angry when I watch the Dassey interview and how he's being fed the information they want him to parrot back. And then when he guesses wrong and tells them something that doesn't fit their narrative they steer him in another direction. I think his IQ is low enough that if he really was involved in some way, he would have talked about it in prison and I don't think that has happened. I don't think he was involved, but I think his brother might have been!

I find these kind of stories fascinating. I recently listened to podcast episode "The Small Town Murders" at True Crime Garage podcasts. At the risk of spoiling -- they got the wrong guy! Scary stuff.

I eagerly await Making a Murderer season 3 -- which I hope they are filming! I find Avery's new lawyer to be wicked smart. She also reminds me Crulla DeVille from Disney. :-) I like her.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Haven’t watched new season yet. Not sure if I will. Being a mother of boys the Brendan stuff upset me terribly. I think it was handled horribly and do not understand why he was denied release/new trial.

I think Avery is guilty too. But what bothered me the most was the lack of blood . And seems like he would have crushed the car or hid in a better way

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes. The lack of blood in the garage or bedroom. Sorry these are not meticulously clean people. Blood leaves traces. Why no trace? It makes no sense.

And yes. As the parent of a teen I’ve told mine that if you are ever questioned by police you simply say “ I want a lawyer” and stop talking.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: