TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 30, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: Archive through December 30, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nooooooo! Not Sybil!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a roller coaster. This season is so emotional. I have 2 hours left of season 3 to watch and we left off where it looks like Bates may get out of prison.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Naja I am smiling that you are enjoying DA so much. Now you get the fascination that so many of us have with this "experience". Not only the excellent plots but the music, the countryside and oh my stars the clothes on the men and women.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The wardrobes of the characters knock my socks off. Nobody does it better than the Brits. Long live England!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The one thing I remember that was most heartbreaking about Sybil was when the Dowager Countess (Dame Maggie) comes to the house to be with the family. She portrayed how broken she was just in the way she walked. Heartbreaking! That was a tough one, Naja! Thank you for allowing us all to relive this marvelous series through your "fresh" eyes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The new servant, James, sure looks like a young Simon Baker. So handsome.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh God, the ending of season 3 was so sad. Matthew and Mary were finally so happy, and poof.

Tomorrow I will start season 4 :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Naja, you are helping me remember just why I love this show. Thanks!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, that season finale was so ruined for me, because I had read that Matthew was leaving the show. I knew they would have to kill him, since he wouldn't leave Mary. I kept expecting him to be offed any second. "They're going hunting! Oh no! A hunting accident!" " They're going in a train! Oh no! It's going to crash!" It totally ruined the whole show for me. Even though the ending was heartbreaking.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's exactly what happened to me, Babyjax. When I was checking the actor's name in IMDB, I saw his last episode was in 2012. And that ep was the last one of 2012. I thought for sure he was going to be shot while hunting. And they had him out on 3 different hunting trips, and I was holding my breath watching them all.

I even thought maybe there was going to a freak accident during the cricket match....LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto! !!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now we're pretty well into season 4. Alfred is off for his chef test, Mary has suitors coming out of her ears, and it's driving me crazy waiting for Anna to tell Bates she was attacked. Or anyone tell the man, please.

eta: right after I typed that, Hughes agreed to tell him. Thank goodness.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another thing I worry about come every episode is whether or not Isis is still there. By my guess, she is at least 12 at this point.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am loving Rose's crush on the black band singer. It's so funny seeing the looks on everyone's faces when they are caught together. I hope they run away together.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know any spoilers of future episodes, but I am going to make a prediction.

I bet Granny passes and it's some big deal about everything moving into the future.

We'll see how close I am.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's a delight revisiting the show through your eyes, Naja. :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mame. Thanks for posting. Naja. :-)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, December 25, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Tonight was the final episode of Downton Abbey, the Christmas Special. I can't even get through it without crying every time I see Michelle Dockery acting. Her real-life fiancé just passed away a couple of weeks ago. She seemed so happy with him and he was so young. It just doesn't seem fair.

Michelle Dockery's Fiance, John Dineen, passes away

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My hubby gave me a book for Christmas, "Downton Abbey: A Celebration, the Official Companion to All Six Seasons." I'm afraid to look at it, cause it says right on the cover, "Includes Season 6 Spoilers." Will have to wait till this season is over.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Great gift! Bummer that you have to wait to look at the book, BJM.

One thing that struck me during the Christmas special is the great affection I have for so many of these characters. I will really miss the show. At least I have the DVD's so I can do mini marathon re-watches.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just watched the series finale Christmas special, and even though I have only known these people for a couple weeks, I was sobbing. I have enjoyed this show so much.

Now I'm going to go back and watch the extras.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Can't wait for it to start in the US! Struggling to stay away from spoilers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm in the US and I couldn't wait. I had to go download it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I''m enjoying last light's Downton Manners from PBS.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What??? Did I miss something???