TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 13, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through October 13, 2015 users admin

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I still like Homeland, but I have to say that the dialogue in some of the first shows has been terrible. The worst was the convo last on last night's episode between Claire and Rupert Friends. It was just every cliche in the book. And I'm still trying to figure out what kind of point the show was trying to make with Mr Freind's plus-sized paramour. She was written like a lovely, supporting character, but now I think she was just a prop.

I'm glad Carrie is abroad, though. I didn't want to watch her seemingly ready to let her baby die every other minute.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Really good episode tonight; back to all the intrigue ad double crossing that made the show so fun to begin with. And that alcoholic CIA agent she usurped the post from seems like he's double and triple crossing Carrie, too.

I didn't understand her decision to bed Ayan at the end, but she might just like sleeping with terrorists and terrorist sympathizers. We all have or fetishes, I guess. Or maybe shes going to use her relationship with him as leverage to learn more. Seems like a hell of a way to to it, though.

The ambassador's husband is in deep doo doo. Lots of intriguing narratives developing simultaneously now.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Carrie thinks sleeping with Ayan is the only way she can guarantee he trusts her and will do what she wants. I'm not sure Ayan's into give-it-up-on-the-first-date Americans so I don't know how he will feel about it in the morning. Know your audience, Carrie.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Gawker has a really good article about Homeland:
[...] What made Homeland distinctive in the first place—a overwhelming sense that things were not as they seemed, especially to the main protagonist—was entirely absent in this season’s first three episodes. Worse, none of these episodes accounted for this progression from uncertainty to certainty, from the implausible to the routine. The fairly thin plot points were based on a temporary lack of information, or interoffice strife, not a suspicion of reality itself.

Which brings us to the fourth episode, titled “Iron in the Fire,” which smoothly departs from the preceding chapters by placing Mathison in even closer contact with Aayan Ibrahim, whom she promises to expatriate to England so that he can study medicine. Ibrahim is not quite a duplicate of Brody—he’s younger and thus more vulnerable and dependent on Mathison’s goodwill—but he’s equally mysterious.[...]
Anyhow, the long and short of it is that the writer thinks Homeland is back again. And last night was promising, to be sure--and makes me think perhaps I should rewatch the first few episodes of this season. Let's hope they keep up the energy and intrigue.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
maybe people have stopped watching Homeland. Anyhow, I gasped tonight first when they pulled Saul out of the truck, even though I sort of expected it, but because they wee so close to the kill order on the drone. And then Carrie STILL wanted to go through with it!

And then I gasped again when Hakani shot Aayan. So sad, another casualty of Carrie

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It took me a while to work out whether Brady was real or not! I'd seen the actor in another show recently, and he'd said Brady was definitely dead (not the usual coyness if something is going on) so I was particularly shocked to see him.

Before that appearance though, I was sure the house was the handsome guy's. Still not sure if he knows what that woman is doing to Carrie or whether he's a good guy who just saved her.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Oh no. Handsome ISI guy is totally in on it. The woman who's poisoning (?) Carrie is one of his agents and I'm sure he's acting on his behalf.

I was freaked about Brody, too, and I was going to quit the show if it turned out he was somehow alive. That would have driven me over the edge.

The show is much faster paced this season than before. I'm not sure i like that...I kind of enjoy the slow explication of events...but it was especially disconcerting this week when Carrie went from being just her usual annoying borderline self to full blown bonkers in just 40 minutes

I felt like, if I were Saul. and I were having dinner with a terrorist, I wouldn't get into an argument about the philosophy of time in his religion. And I particularly wouldn't bring further attention, as if any where needed, to my Jewishness. Maybe that's just me. And the fact that, in a moment of weakness, I watched the Daniel Perl beheading video in which they had him talk about his Jewishness and the fact that his family has streets named after it in Israel, etc

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I feel asleep and woke up to Carrie directing Saul to "safety"....... Did she get confused and gave the wrong directions ? Is that why things turned out as they did ?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ok, I haven't seen any of season 4 as I don't have showtime, but I just finished Season 3. My friend had told me she didn't like it, so I had lowered my expectations. I'm really surprised at all the negative comments about season 3 online. I was drawn in. Was it as good as 1 or 2? No, but they usually never are. I liked it and I'm ready for season 4.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed season three too, well, all the seasons. I think the problem for some was that Carrie became so messed up that there was really no way any legitimate agency would have kept her on.

Marameko, my take on it was that there was no other option but to let Saul kill himself, and Carrie didn't want to do that.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I thought it was just Carrie's error--lack of sleep, poisoning, etc. But I guess you'd think Flynn would have intervened if he thought it was going pear shaped.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
What Lockheart said when the convoy was hit--"what the....."?--was my response verbatim .

What an amazingly good season of this show. It's completely got its mojo back

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was shocked about that, but straight away they said "send all the guards" it was obviously what was going to happen next.

Yes, really good episode.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
whoa. whoa.

and whoa.

off to rewatch.

damn.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Definitely not one I'll be rewatching. I have a very limited threshold for executions right now.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Just what the WHAT? I'm so confused. Dar Adal? What?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have no clue. Well, except the handsome Pakistani guy seemed to be fully in on the plot so there had to be something weird going on.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
That was not the finale I was expecting after so much action during the previous few episodes, but it sets up an intriguing path for next season as Carrie, now completely rudderless, gets to try to reunite with her unrequited lover and come to terms with the fact that everything she assumed was true about herself is how in suspended animation. Meanwhile, the two men who served as her moral barometers are dead, either liberally or figuratively.

Peter is so hot. And that seemed like real chemistry when they kissed outside his truck. Peter drives a truck; who knew? And then I started thinking about how many guys Carrie has slept with just in the course of the show and whether Peter wants to be the next fo realz.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, rather a low key finale considering the season, I even checked the guide to see if there was another episode next week.

I'm not sure what we're meant to think with Saul being with Dar Adal. Was the whole kidnap thing staged? Seems unlikely but Saul seems to know something.

I was waiting for the apartment manager woman to find Peter, she would have been much better for him than Carrie.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just read a recap of the finale. Apparently I did not do a good job of staying awake towards the end, missed the whole Adal explanation and the Saul video. Sigh, getting old is hard.

Kaysarluvsme

08-06-2005

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
I believe this last episode was done specifically to deal with the actor James Rebhorn death in real life.Even though a finale should leave us hanging, after it was over I told myself that it was respectful for the actor even though it was a very "boring" episode.I'm just glad that they went a little deeper into Carries family life- finally.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't realise (or had forgotten) the actor had died too. I did wonder why they decided to killed her father off, there didn't seem to be a plot reason for it. Makes more sense now, thanks.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Someone is watching this besides me............
Quinn is smoking hot...But who was the lady he "connected " with in the parking lot, she said his name......

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. You must not mean the one he killed?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I do mean the one he killed...............I just did not want to say that.