TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 10, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Shark Tank: Archive through November 10, 2015 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also think knowing that plays more into their decisions now than it did the first season

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I do sit with my computer and look the products up online as I am watching the show.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I do too, Mamapors. I have heard people say that that's why they go on this show, just for the advertisement....for some of them the deal isn't necessary after getting the exposure on tv.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I know what Cuban is saying, but I sort of got the impression that the guy with the bike lights was fairly overwhelmed by the experience. It wasn't until Cuban called him out, that he showed emotion.

Usually, it's fairly clear the people who only want exposure. I remember the guy with the wine by the glass who was on twice. The first time, he did not get a deal and told them that it was a million dollar idea. The second time, it was more of a 'told you so' from him, even when he got an offer. He, definitely, was only there for the exposure.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they must film a whole season in two days because Lori has had that same shiny blue dress on for weeks! I think the only other outfit was a black dress. Its funny because I dont notice the men wearing the same thing but she sure does

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Shark Tank. From promo on last night's show, looks like there could be a BIG MONEY shark bidding war for something this Friday. Very brief look at item -- seemed to be tablet kind of thing, e-reader, something tech. I will be watching.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, last season it was a black dress. I think they make her wear the same thing through the whole taping because they don't show the applicants in order.

Colord, I saw that, and was surprised to a new show on a Tuesday night (last night).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Barbara does the same thing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The cookie ladies were from Portland, Oregon. They were on our local news last night. The pregnant one gave birth the day after the taping!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
So the "tech thing" was lighting thing. All the sharks were seriously bidding. Max went with Robert. I don't really understand financially bids from each shark, but I'd guess Max didn't choose Kevin, at least partly, due to personality. At times, I really don't like him. I would not want to work with him.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He said that he wanted to work with Robert from the beginning. I think he had a plan when he went in. Once Robert upped his bid, he made the decision.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont think it wanted to cheapen it by having it on QVC I think he wants it more techy

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't see it as a QVC product either. I think Max went with the right shark. I like light. I'm interested in it. I signed up for his e-mails at hellolumio.com.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We only started watching this show last summer, and I have a quick question.

When they do the updates of past deals, I see they show how well everyone is doing. Do they ever show any stinker deals? Ones where the product and entrepreneurs totally failed?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think they've shown them on TV, but I have read articles where the sharks talk about their worst deals...

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kar. I think it would interesting to see the failed ones just to get a lesson of why they failed.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would be interested in reading those articles...do I just google for them?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Naja & Pamy, just for fun here's an article by a former TVCHer about Shark Tank:

http://jasoncochran.com/blog/8-things-you-didnt-know-about-shark-tank/

As for the deals that went bad, just google Shark Tank Worst Deals.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
The last minute - I switched to the Blackhawks game, did she take the deal (i.e. fun shape forms for food)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh cool ty Kar!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Reader, yes, with Lori.

Those Himalayan Dog Chews. Couple years ago I bought something similar -- not that brand. Made from yak milk, etc. Opened the plastic wrapping. STINK! UGH. Threw it out. I could not stand the smell. Not gonna let dog chew on it and maybe his breath would smell like that? NO WAY. Chews on Shark Tank may be OK "scent" wise.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I ordered the Simply Fit Board which was presented to the Sharks last Friday night. (They made a deal with Lori. It'll probably show up in BB&B eventually.) I'd heard about it a week or two before. The Mom said she was in her 60s. When she said it helped with her balance -- I ordered it in lime green. Admittedly, gotta use it when I get it -- not let it be one of those pieces of exercise equipment that just sits there. Two to four week delivery. I'm ready to get "on board".

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Let me know how you like it... I was intrigued!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sometimes the sharks really tick me off and show what's wrong with capitalism combined with extreme greed.

They have had on many people making a wonderful annual income while pricing their products at a reasonable price for all.

But some of the sharks tell them how stupid they are for pricing their product so low. They tell them to at least double the retail price and they will make up the difference of losing those who can't afford it from those who will pay the high rice.

These sharks have shown me how greed at the top works.