TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 03, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sherlock on Masterpiece (PBS) : Archive through February 03, 2014 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, December 30, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
My fav line - Sherlock - "I'm not a psychopath ... I'm a high functioning sociopath, do your research"

I love that line too!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
New favourite line "killing me is so two years ago"

Loved the parents!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, January 03, 2014 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Pssst... Kellee... the new season hasn't aired in the US yet (I snuck and watched it online). :-)

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
those were Benedict's real life parents who are actors (maybe you knew that). I loved them too!

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, January 03, 2014 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
oppps sorry well on the bright side I was vague..lol..

Lyn

08-07-2002

Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Watched it last night - loved it! Laughed like crazy in some parts

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Season 3 starts on Jan 19th on PBS. Beware of spoilers though as it airs from Jan 2nd in England.

Wow, Kitt, they held Sherlock up so long in the UK (it was supposed to air last year) that the third season is airing quickly after in the U.S. I tried to watch the first epi of Season 3 but my computer wasn't cooperating, so I told my husband I'd wait until they were on PBS & I'd tape them for him, but if it's that quick, I might just wait & watch them on PBS as well on our large TV.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My daughter, sister and niece have all already watched the new season online. I've been good and have waited until it starts here next week. I feel left out.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I need to check this series out!

Lyn

08-07-2002

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Loved Season 3! They outdid themselves :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It starts on PBS this Sunday. Yay!

You should check out the article in Entertainent Weekly (cover story). It's quite interesting.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Last night's show was epic. Sherlock calculating exactly how much beer to drink at each bar to keep them in "the sweet spot," while Watson undermined his efforts by adding a shot to each glass, until they're both hammered ...

And then the two of them playing that game where they have to guess whose name is plastered to their respective foreheads ...

And Sherlock trying to solve a crime while still drunk, but falling asleep on the rug while searching for clues ...

I could go on and on -- that had to be my favorite episode so far. And the writers are doing a great job of incorporatng Mary into the Holmes/Watson dynamic.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Definitely my favorite episode so far too! Loved his wedding toast taking forever but there were some very touching turns to it. Made me cry. The ending was rather sad.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
What helps is that Mary likes Sherlock so it really isn't sad he has gained a friend. Sherlock chooses to be solitary. Meaning he could of gone off and hung out with the lab woman or even the maid of honor. Love this show so sad it is always just three episodes.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Mary is a wonderful addition to the mix. Love the actress playing her.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Totally agree Ophiliasgrandma. I think Watson did good.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
The actress playing Mary is Martin Freeman's real life partner. They have two children together. Not married in real life, but they had a "Sherlock" wedding.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I still think the ending was sad. He is a loner but as he looked around at everyone, he seemed sad. He knows he's not an easy person to be with. He was walking up to the maid of honor and then saw she was dancing with another guy.

I didn't know that , Rieann. Very interesting!

Riviere

09-09-2000

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
The 'new' Sherlock is little like his description, he appears too young! Besides, he's supposed to remind one of a hawk the way Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett did.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
One thing that amuses me is that there is the running joke in the press and with everyone that he's the guy who always wears the funny hat, yet we never (well, that one time) see him in the deerstalker!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
This is my first season watching this show. I'm really enjoying it!

When they were drunk and playing "head bandz", I was roaring laughing...

Thanks for that picture OG...I have not seen him in "the hat" yet!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Loved, loved, loved the last show! It had so much packed into it. I'm just sad that it's over until they do more shows.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Excellent show last night. I even stayed up late to watch the whole thing. Magnuson gave me the creeps, especially, when he licked that lady's face.... Ugh.... he was horrible!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, the face licking was too gross! And then when he used the fireplace as a bathroom, yuck. I did not like that one but what an ending!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I loved when they were at the parent's house. Mary found out that the ditzy dad was the 'normal' one and the crazy mom was the math genius. LOL. Laughed when Mycroft (Mike) told Sherlock that he'd miss him if he were gone (or something like that). Sherlock spewing smoke and saying "what am I supposed to do with that?"

Now, the question is.... was Mycroft referring to a 3rd brother when talking to his colleagues? When talking about sentimentality towards Sherlock, he said something like, "I'm not given to brotherly outbursts, you know what happened to the last one." Last one? Is there a 3rd brother that we don't know about?