TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 10, 2015 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I can't say it is her fault, I was not even aware she was there until I went to a show, the show has been unwatchable for over a year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, when Nicolle is the only Republican at the table when she's on MSNBC, she really can take over the whole conversation with her harshness and ability to talk down everyone around her. So being the only conservative at the table should have suited her on The View. It's what she has been doing for a living for a few years on MSNBC.

Starr

07-09-2005

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
OMG today they showed a clip of Raven & Michele doing a One Direction interview (maybe on the set of The Today Show?) Raven wore a "shield" on her face. Similar to the face-covering part of a knights helmet that you slide up & down! Unbelievably ridiculous looking. She says she didn't need to show her face while out there amongst the people (Michele pointed out that her purple hair gives her identity away, anyway!) But she HAS to know this puts so much more focus on her. Her looks (hair & makeup choices) are often so distracting and detracting, but this was overt the top even for her.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
If Raven shooshes Michelle one more time, I may scream (not on today's show but last week). I can't believe I was happy when they brought Raven on. She's not offering much at all other then to make Whoopi happy.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
The latest on Nicole Wallace as reported by Variety (link below) is that she will not take the contribtor's role next season.
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-view-nicolle-wallace-republican-turns-down-contributor-job-exclusive-1201557092/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Good for her. With Raven's latest habit of shooshing her and others, why bother with this job or these bosses.

The Variety article points out how the shows ratings have plummeted this summer and that is why Wallace and Perez are being replaced. Um . . . Isn't that when Raven joined the show? As she herself would say . . DUH! Did you HEAR me?!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Raven's "style" makes her look like a joke! When I very occasionally watch, I just ignore her best I can.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Candace Cameron Bure, Paula Faris and Joy Behar have been announced as the new co-hosts of The View. That's a lot of co-hosts. Six talking at a time is going to be even worse than 5!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
maybe all the others will be gone, I can only hope. I want to get more free stuff from this east to get on show

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Is Candace full-time or part-time? She may have to miss some episodes if she is filming Fuller House. I think when they were considering new co-hosts they said that she'd be a part-time co-host at least during Fuller House taping.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watch Paula Faris on the Weekend GMA program. I like her. Hopefully, this is a good decision for her to be on the View.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It didn't say in the announcement about part-time or full-time.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Joy Behar? Ugh. Hopefully she's part time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love Joy. She looks so much like my mom.

Having Joy and Candace will be the same as having Joy and Elisabeth.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't even like her when she's not talking politics. I might respect her Pov if she wasn't lock step with the far left on all subjects. Is it even possible to have nothing other than a progressive view about everything? Or conservative view for that matter.Even Elizabeth supported gay marriage.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I don't know why Candace would want to go into this snake pit. I quit watching years and years ago.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Joy was always my favorite...I stopped watching after she left.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love Joy but also understood why she wanted to retire. Will she be there long or used to help smooth over the latest cast of musical chairs?

The more I see of Raven, the more I think she is so wrong for this format. It's like watching a 12 year old. Each time she turns to the audience to get them to look at her, I think of the Kardashians and their need for selfies. She might have been in the business a long time (as she mentions every 10 minutes) but I seem to be blind as to what her talent is.

Michelle is now like Nicole in that each time she starts to talk, either Whoopi gives her a wierd look or Raven interrupts her.

And that bell in the middle of the table? Is this the third grade?

I'm pissed because having being retired for less then a year now, this was my go-to show for morning coffee.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, yes, Elisabeth thinks gay marriage is fine. But she also believes it's ok for businesses to discriminate against married gay couples.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
b

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 1:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
So, whoopi (staying/still there?) and joy (returning?) will be on the view together again? When? I will start watching again if that is true.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Sheri will be back too.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Abby - The new season is due to start Sept. 15th.

It will be interesting to see how differently Raven treats Joy from how she treats Michelle. I've noticed the one thing she has learned after all of her "years in the business" is who to kowtow to.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Now if they would just get rid of lightweight Raven.......It will be interesting to see the ratings 1 month after Joy returns.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Love joy but Michelle is awful I pay no attention to raven and whoopie has NOT improved.
I now hear Sherri is coming back too. Oh great