TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 22, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 22, 2015 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Downton Abbey final season is going to premiere on PBS on January 3rd. Watch out for spoilers though as it probably airs in the UK in September.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This looks like a hoot!

http://www.fox.com/lucifer

LUCIFER | Official Trailer | FOX BROADCASTING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bF_quwNtw

----------

But it appears that some folks simply don't have a sense of humor:

One Million Moms Promise Devil of a Time for ‘Lucifer’ TV Show
Right-wing Christian group declares war on Fox Devil TV show

Next year, Fox will premiere Lucifer (loosely based on the character introduced in the Neil Gaiman comic, The Sandman), in which a British-accented Devil roams Los Angeles and helps the LAPD fight crime—and one extreme Christian advocacy group is already pissed about it.

The American Family Association and their One Million Moms offshoot recently launched a petition calling on Fox to preemptively cancel the series, because it supposedly paints the Prince of Darkness in a positive light and disrespects the Bible.

<snip>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/07/one-million-moms-promise-devil-of-a-time-for-lucifer-tv-show.html

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have to say that I thought about that when I rad the first sentence, so it was satisfying to read the next article, - like a symmetry

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I watched a new show on IFC called Documentary Now! It stars Bill Hader and Fred Armisen and is hosted by Helen Mirren! LOL

They do spoofs of famous documentaries. The first was Grey Gardens... now called Sandy Passage and portraying Big Vivvy and Little Vivvy. I was dying. Here is the trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKtpuCFecc

Here is a peek at Bill Hader as Little Vivvy (aka Edie)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0kqMUPC7Gs

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As soon as I saw your post, I went to ondemand and watched the first ep. OMG, that was so funny! Thanks for posting about it. Ep 2 is also there, so I'm off to watch it now :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. I just watched episode 2. Bill Hader kills me. Fred too.

I should add to my original post, for others, that they make up documentaries as well. When I stumbled upon the Grey Gardens one, I thought they were spoofing well known docs only.

Loved their boots at the party.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Continuum (SYFY) returns for it's final 6 episodes of the series starting Sept 4.

Lost Girl (SYFY) returns for its final 8 episodes of the series on Sept 6.

As far as I know, these are US air dates...I think these shows air earlier in Canada. I got the dates from imdb.com.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
MTV's "Awkward" season 5 starts tonight. It's the final season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Heads up

Drunk History season 3 starts tonight, Tuesday, on Comedy Central.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
An up to date pdf calendar of September and October premiere dates is in the link below:

https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/fallcalendar2015r12.jpg

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just saw an ad for a UK miniseries called The Driver. premieres on Sept. 24th, looks interesting. About a taxi driver who gets involved driving for the mob, stars David Morrissey and Colm Meaney.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching "The Executioner" premiere on FX.

I was so confused in the first hour and didn't know if I was going to be able to stand it, but by the time the second hour was over, I finally got the story and it was great!

I can't wait to see the first private conversation between the TBE and his new wife. I bet it will be a doozy....LOL

eta: I forgot the name of the show would be red dotted. I hope you can figure it out.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, I recorded the pilot of TBE & was wondering if I should watch it. I am way behind in TV watching. The folks here give the bestest recommendations. 2 hrs though huh, didn't notice that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Don't get me wrong, I felt like I was suffering through the first hour....LOL
But I was glad I stuck it out.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heroes comes back this week (Thursday)! A 13-week miniseries.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 21, 2015 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Looks like November 5...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 21, 2015 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's a handy tv schedule for the upcoming premieres:

https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/fallcalendar2015r12.jpg

This week it's:

sep21

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 21, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Kitt, that's very helpful!

What do folks think about Minority Report? Does it look interesting? What about Blindspot?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Minority Report was ok. I like Blind Spot better.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I liked the movie Minority Report. I watched some of the show but not all because I fell asleep. That says nothing about the quality of the show though. I was just very tired.

What I saw seemed pretty interesting though not particularly innovative. It takes place a few years (I guess) after the movie ended. I guess I had pretty high expectations from the movie.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think it takes place in 2065, I never saw the movie.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I did watch Blindspot, thought it was good so far.

Didn't get a chance to watch Minority Report yet.

Happygal

11-15-2004

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Blindspot was very good. I too fell asleep watching Minority Report - just not very interesting.

The new Muppets show was excellent. I've taped it to watch again because I missed some of the subtle jokes the first time through.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I had trouble getting into Blindspot (I went into it completely "blind" [pun intended]) but once the show hit a true flow I thought I was good.

I have no intention of watching The Muppets. I am VERY disappointed in ABC for taking a child's program and turning it into an adult program. BOO ABC!

Didn't watch The Minority Report, may pick it up on the rerun.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched Blindspot...I thought it was good but not sure whether it is "must see" or not, especially when they revealed what they did at the end. It gets more confusing.