TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Forever - Tuesdays on ABC: Archive through May 08, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I hope it's not the last one!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh sorry Dipo, I saw the finale on Monday and I thought that's when everyone saw it and commented on. Let's hear what you have to say about the finale!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, cool, I wondered what you were talking about, thought maybe you were confused, LOL.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought it was an ending I can be content with. But why didn't Henry die for good after being shot with the gun that originally started him on the road to living forever?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
wrong gun? I thought it was still locked in his cellar - did I turn away when it was stolen. Or incorrect legend?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think the point was they didn't actually know if the gun or the knife would kill them. They even said so. I forget the name of guy that follows Henry around, but he even said when he shot Henry that only one of two things will happen. Either he dies, or disappears. The just didn't know if the knife and gun would kill them, and now they found out they will not.

And the gun was stolen on Abe's watch. How we know it was stolen was because Abe was waiting for Henry by the river praying Henry would come back. Because he knew the guy that stole the gun was off to shoot Henry.

Anyway, I think the point was no one knew if the gun would kill Henry. It was just a theory. And then in the end disproved.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I totally loved Henry's revenge on whats-his-name. Brilliant!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Interesting read...

http://tvline.com/2015/05/05/forever-season-2-spoilers-henry-tells-jo/

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but he even said when he shot Henry that only one of two things will happen. Either he dies, or disappears. The just didn't know if the knife and gun would kill them, and now they found out they will not."

Here's some food for thought...

What if Adam was wrong when he said "only one of two things will happen"? What if there was a third option?

The title of this finale episode was "The Last Death of Henry Morgan". It occurred to me that a third option of being shot with the gun that killed him the first time might just be that it would kill him and let him return for the last time.

If this was indeed a series finale, then we would be left wondering if Henry is now a mortal man and will tell Jo the truth and then develop a relationship with her, only this time he won't have to watch her grow old and then outlive her like he did in his last important relationship.

I think that's how I'll choose to look at it if this was actually the end of the series....but if it returns for a season 2, I'll be fine with the gun and knife being just a failed experiment so Henry could remain immortal. I think. this show, without Henry's immorality, would turn into a typical, run of the mill rom-cop show. It would be like Bones if Temperance lost her critical scientific point of view of the world.

Of course, Henry would still have his years of experience and still his power of deduction abilities....but he would take too many risks because he wouldn't know that he has become mortal.

I hope the show returns with a still-immortal Henry...I really enjoyed it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel like they didn't give us any inkling that there was a possibility of a third option. However, they did give a hint that he was back to his ole immortal self when in the scene toward the very end Abe was getting impatient for Henry to get back to the table and make his chess move. Abe playfully said "Hey Methuselah, your move. Not all of us can live forever".

That line totally told me Henry is still immortal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"Can I say pot in here" too funny.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I feel like they didn't give us any inkling that there was a possibility of a third option. "

I agree, they didn't...but Adam was 100% wrong about the gun killing Henry for good, so maybe he was just wrong about there only being two options.

"Abe playfully said "Hey Methuselah, your move. Not all of us can live forever".

That line totally told me Henry is still immortal."

I see what you mean, but in my theory, that would be accounted for because Henry wouldn't know that he's no longer immortal and neither would Abe. The only way to prove it is for him to die and not ever come back.

Of course, if Henry or Abe came up with the idea that being shot with that gun made him mortal again, it might be a fun story arc for a few episodes in season two. Would Henry change his behavior if he thought his next death would indeed be his last? (LOL I'm already making up new episodes for next season in my head! I'll miss this if it gets canceled.)

Anyhow, I only thought up this idea after seeing the title of that episode, "The Last Death of Henry Morgan".

I honestly don't think they would make Henry mortal if this show continues, but if it's canceled, then I would like to think that Henry finally gets a happy ending. Anyone who outlives everyone they love and lives through that kind of loss over and over and over for hundreds or thousands of years, can never have a truly "happy" ending. They can just have a series of happy times while knowing all along that they will always end tragically as he watches his friends, his pets, his spouse, and every single one of his children and grandchildren, and great grandchildren, etc...die.

Enough of that kind of tragedy could even make Henry become as hard and cold as Adam and maybe even put up walls to keep love away. Remember, Adam said he was once a good man like Henry and he even said he died while trying to save someone else's life. (I wonder if he was trying to save Julius Caesar?) He said that living through so many horrors over the course of 2,000 years is what made him the man he was today.

Btw, I'm just playing the devil's advocate here. I do want Henry back and immortal. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadly, it has been officially canceled.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/abc-forever-cristela-resurrection-cancelled-1201490485/

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the finale of BBT had me sad,
but now I really am :-(

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 2:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So sad :-(

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

A pox on the powers that be. Bummer!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that's disappointing. At least we got to enjoy one season.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Stupid ABC!! This is exactly why I very seldom watch new shows and get invested in the characters and storylines... Wonder what piece of crap they're going to replace it with??? This show was so sweet and lovely... and the characters... loved them all... Henry, Abe, Jo, Lucas, Det. Hanson!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I still don't get why they wouldn't try it in a different time slot... it was up against some heavy hitters with established fan bases, so it may have been doomed from the start.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
From usmagazine.com:
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/ioan-gruffudd-pens-farewell-note-to-forever-fans-after-cancellation-201585

Aw, I feel sorry for him. He really liked the show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
What a mistake this network made. shame on them.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh well. I guess we'll have to be like Henry and learn to not to get too attached to anything we atually like on TV.

So now, in my mind, Henry and Jo get together and Henry doesn't get killed for a few years...and then he finds that he's starting to gray a little at his temples and that's when he realizes he's mortal again. Henry lives a long and happy life with Jo, whom he marries. They have several children and Abe lives long enough to get to know his new siblings. Henry and Jo's kids grow up and have kids of their own and Henry finally dies a very old, very happy man who had a very fulfilling life that didn't end in tragedy.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Nice Sanfran! :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I second that. Good finish to the show.