TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Under the Dome: TV Show Discussion With No Book Reference: Archive through August 28, 2015 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Scout!

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Hey Mamie!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Scout, the "extra" you mention, I thought he wasn't in last season but I thought that was just my bad memory and I wasn't remembering something important. So glad you mentioned he was extra!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I haven't yet watched the first episode of this season. I can't seem to whip up any interest in it. Am I missing anything good?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
You're missing something insane. And not in a good way.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Mama!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I kind of liked it, so maybe I'm just odd. I'm at least curious enough to watch and see what the two new characters are up to, and what the "plan" is that they are trying to have the residents of Chester's Mill fulfill. :-)

Chy

07-19-2003

Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
The prelude to the episodes (2 of season 3 I watched so far) still says "3 weeks ago.... Dome...."

Count me as a confused one. Not sure when I'd finish 2nd epi. ...

Chy

07-19-2003

Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
I like the first 2 seasons. Hope it's not gonna disappoint me like LOST did.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Chy, do you mean that in the intro they say something like "three weeks ago a dome fell on Chester's Mill?"

If so, that has bugged me too, last season they were talking about crops and all sorts of things that would have taken much longer than three weeks. The whole thing this season seems like they've just ignored the past.

Chy

07-19-2003

Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I went forth w/ epi 2. They are saying 3 weeks ago, as the cover for Eva and the therapist also.

In season 2 when Barbie fell into Zenith, there's a billboard for tv station saying 17 days since Dome- not word for word.
Crops... be d$@&^%#, they had Summer through Winter in 24 hrs, they had butterflies hatching in no time... when the Dome was magnetic, not everything attracted there the right timing...

It is like LOST! Everything is real and NOTHING is real! I guess when you invoke Alien in story-telling, ......

Give me Miss Marple, give me Morse....

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
OMG, the writers are actually stealing exact sentences from "Lost" now. "You and me, we're the same now."

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think I am done with it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I tuned in during the 3rd episode of the new season and had no clue at all what was happening. Seriously? I miss 2 episodes and I'm going to be that lost?

I laugh at the commercials where they say something to effect of "you won't recognize Marg Helgenberger". No kidding. I was so distracted by her face and trying to figure out what was done to it that I got even more lost as far as the story goes.

Not much reason for me to continue to tune in.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I've also think that something is different about her face, particularly her upper lip. It looks deformed.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think they should have just stuck to the book and made it a one season show.

I just thought Marg looked even skinnier than usual.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My husband is always asking me what is going on, and I tell him, your guess is as good as mine. They have veered so far from the book, it's not even close.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My husband walked into the bedroom last night, he was watching a game in the living room, and asked me what I was watching. I told him Under the Dome. He said I thought you weren't going to watch it anymore. I said get out of here.

Not at all like the book.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So sad when Norrie's mom died.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Me too.

This show is kind of crazy, but yes, I am still watching.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am waiting for Barbie's emotions to break through. She said he hadn't completed the transformation yet.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it's ridiculous and crazy, but I'll watch it to the end. I've got to see how the good characters end.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I finally caught up. Wow is this show awful in so many respects. Like everyone else, I can't believe they've only supposed to have been there for three weeks. It feels like an eternity. Bad acting, bad plot, bad characters, etc. How many awful things can Big Jim do and just carry on? The best character/actor is the dog.

Still watching so I guess they're doing something right.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching since I had no clue what was going on after missing only two episodes but I do love to still read all the comments here, LOL! It almost sounds like they're trying to compete with Sharknado at this point.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Okay - I attempted to watch last night. It does provide some humor if you quit trying to figure out if there is actually a story going on or not.

A baby was born. Apparently baby is a queen of some kind and it sucked the lights out of its mommy. Marg H kills off new mommy. Entire town wants Barbie dead - again.

Big Jim and son did their usual I love you/I hate you/I'll save you/I'll kill you dance that they've done since episode 1.

So for Stephen King fans, I have a question. I haven't read any of his books but usually enjoy the movies made from them. Is there actually a story going on here or is it just being made up as they go along with a new cast added every 5 shows or so?

Oh, and when I say it's humorous ~ was that method of delivery not hysterical or what?! Imagine just one push on the mother's stomach and that baby was out in 20 seconds. What?!!