TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think he did a good job on his first night. I would rather all these late night hosts skip their skits at the beginning but don't think that's ever going to happen.

Enjoyed Clooney - he's always fun. Enjoyed Bush because as a Democrat, I so agree with him that you can disagree on politics but still get along and work together.

Kudos to Mr. Colbert on a great start!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
don't get me started on Bush, funny that he imitated Trump on the show, seemed willing to do anything, but I missed the beginning of the Bush bit - did he ever apologize for using his free tickets to raise money?

I think skits are needed because you don't know how the guests are going to do and they wanted some guaranteed funny, But you reminded me of Dick Cavett who used to have whole shows dedicated to one person interviews and they were amazing.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I watched. I've never so much as watched a single second of his other show BC he mocked Republicans,but if he gives everyone equal opportunity ( doubtful) I might watch again. I did feel like he interrupted both Bush and Clooney a lot.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This Canadian is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of Colbert, and was looking forward to watching him on Cable/CBS but both nights I crashed early. I can't access the vids because they are only for the American market so I am truly bummed. Will keep hunting especially for the Opening Night ep.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, have you checked YouTube? There are probably some clips there unless they also block those for Canadian viewers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, Does this website work for you? When I click to play Colbert from it, it says you can only view in Canada. So maybe that's where you can see it.

http://www.globaltv.com/thelateshowwithstephencolbert/

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I noticed all that interrupting too.

I heard on the radio today (a morning non partisan talk show program) that they taped a 2 hr, or maybe it was 2+ hrs., show and had to condense it down to the aprox 48 min that a network hour is...and that they didn't have it ready to go until 11:20 pm! I guess the link from CBS to the local tv stations kept crashing or some such thing. (I'm not very techie and just have no memory for tech specifications of which I know nothing about.) Talk about sweatin' bullets!

Maybe the choppy editing has something to do with how much SC seemed to interrupt his guests.

I also wonder if the interrupting was because he regularly did that on The Colbert Report. Which was totally ok, but I don't think it's usually ok in this format, at least not to the extent he interrupted guests on TCR.

I didn't see last night's show. I loved the musical number on the 1st night's show. Quite a show just by itself. :-)

I hope he does well. I loved The Colbert Report and really miss it. This is such a different format and he is certainly not his character from TCR.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thank Naja that link is TERRIFIC! And thanks Roteach, I was going to head over to Youtube if Naja's link didn't work.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, glad you found a link that worked for you.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. Mameblanche :-)

And about those cut parts from the opening night....They posted them that night right on the CBS website. There really wasn't anything earth shattering. It was fun, but it's not like it was something scandalous. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Also, I didn't feel like Colbert was interrupting his guests. Mainly because he is 10x more interesting than any guest he has so far.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Colbert's interview with Joe Biden was heartwarming (and heart breaking) tonight.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, September 11, 2015 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Watched first night . Was Eager to watch.
Until the end of show, for me,....: >(

Then...Jonathan batiste sp?

: > )

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 11, 2015 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've always liked Biden the man.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, September 11, 2015 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
When you say skits, do you mean the monologue they do at the beginning? I don't remember a skit, but it was Tuesday and today is Friday so a lot can fall out of my brain in that amount of time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 09, 2017 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had no idea we had this thread, bumping it up because I there are funny things on twitter I can post here, lOL.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo. I didn't know it was oh here either. Have been a Colbert and Stewart for years. Really miss Stewart.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I really miss Stewart too, Saggkl. He was funny with Colbert last night.

I think he has an HBO show that will be starting soon.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jon has an HBO stand-up special coming up. I really wish it was regular weekly show instead.

There's supposed to be a second stand-up special as well, but there will be a pretty big break between the first and second.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Rieann and Naja.
I will have to keep checking HBO so I don't miss it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: