TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through August 01, 2015 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im loving it!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
there is a thread for Humans where we are discussing it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"The Jim Gaffigan Show" premiered on NICK tonight and I thought it was adorable! :-)

Basically it's a sitcom based on his real life as a comedian and father of 5 children.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Impractical Jokers" is back with new shows tonight on TRUTV channel. I think it's technically the second half of season 4.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
More shows starting tonight on FX:

Season 2 of Married
And the series premiere of Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i love those jokers!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They are the best, Pamy! :-) They all seem like such nice guys.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Ich mag Deutschland 83 :-)

And still hooked on Mr. Robot. It's going places I didn't expect it to, but that's a good thing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sex drugs and rock and roll I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I missed SDRR so I thought I would catchup on demand, there were two shows listed - SDRR and SDRR explicit. I watched the explicit version, ha ha

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just programed my VCR to record a new British series 'TUT' starting tonight.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Is that the Spike mini series OG? What did you think?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Heads up!

"Sharknado 3" is premiering tonight on SYFY!

LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Premiere date of Z Nation season 2 – September 11, 2015 on SYFY.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh wow that's early! I finally came to like it by the end of last season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it seemed early, too. For some reason I was thinking it started just after the new year. But season 1 started Sept 12, 2014, so it's almost a exactly a year since it premiered.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Can't wait for Z nation.

I swear I saw Kellita Smith (who plays Warren) in a cameo in Sharknado 3 when they arrive at the military base.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
haha! Yes Kappy! That was her! They even made a zombie reference.

Kellita's character says "I really hate sharks."

and Frankie Muniz' character replies "Could be worse. Could be zombies."

LOL!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I want to say to Kappy I didn't notice it until she said and then I went and looked back on my recording.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
You're right, Naja, and she did tweet it as well!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Inside this link is a handy table of the tv schedule for the fall, what clashes with what, etc.

For me every night is busy except Friday.

http://tvline.com/2015/05/10/fall-tv-schedule-2015-network-primetime-grid/

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I've been watching for Z Nation to return. Thanks for the info.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Drunk History" is back for season 3 on Sept 1.

This is kind of late since season 1 and 2 premiered in June and July. This has me disappointed :-(

The first ep will be "Seattle's Unsung Heroes."

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm liking Mr Robot more and more each week.

So far I had been thinking Elliot was delusional and that some (or many) of the other characters weren't really there, but just in his head. However, after this last episode, I started to wonder if he has multiple personality disorder. If that is the case, then the other characters are actually there...but they are also "just in his head"!

The way these characters interact with him is interesting and they sometimes (but not very often) interact with one another without Elliot. And when they are in a public place, the other people around them never seem to react to anything they say or do, even if Elliot and his pals become loud or cause a scene. That makes me think if Elliot was just delusional, he'd probably see reactions from people around him in such a situation. If they are just different personalities of Elliot's, the other people would not actually see or hear them...they would just see Elliot.

This sort of disjointed interaction reminds me of how multiple personality disorder is often displayed in movies I've seen. They all interact with Elliot either individually or collectively at various points, but they never (or rarely) interact with bystanders or extras in a scene.....and only sometimes with another character in the show without Elliot present. If this is multiple personality disorder, we wouldn't know how many other personalities there actually are. Maybe just a couple of them, maybe a lot of them!

I also noticed that when Elliot was in withdrawal, all of them with Elliot took care of him...even the ones that were disgusted/angry enough that they threatened to leave. That is kind of what other personalities do isn't it? They were formed to help the person deal with things he cannot deal with by himself, right?

(I know this illness is a lot more complicated than how I described it, but this is just a TV show. :-))

Also, it's interesting that each one of his hacker pals is a unique "type". Mr Robot is the "bad" one (the instigator). The Muslim woman is the calm religious one, The blonde girl (who used to play "Dahlia" on Suburgatory, by the way!) is the cynical, angry one. The thin black guy is the serious one who doesn't like Elliot's impulsiveness. The overweight nerdy one is kind of the sidekick slob. Elliot listens to all of them, even though he often doesn't acknowledge them, before he decides what to do.

Is there anything I overlooked that anyone else has seen that would definitely rule out multiple personality disorder?

Anyhow, this was just a thought that hit me in this latest episode. This show is just edgy and "out there" enough to keep me completely engaged without being "too" high concept enough to drive me away.

I'll definitely be sticking with it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It had an excellent Episode 1, but a really bad (messy) Episode 2, which I expect put a lot of people off. It has been solidly good since and I'm also really enjoying it.

But none of what you write ever occurred to me, Sanfran! Hang on though... I'm going to make a Mr Robot thread.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Life In Pieces starring James Brolin is a new series on CBS this fall. I think CBS is trying to ride coattails of Parenthood.