TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Zoo (on CBS): Archive through August 19, 2015 users admin

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
of course.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
And when it blew-up, it send all those alien cells/bacteria/viruses all over the room and exposed and possibly infected all people present to whatever horror is spreading around the world. spying

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so many memorable moments.
the mother cell - it is every where- here let me endanger all our lives by getting the original cell, even though the mother cell is every where on this planet!.
bats, who knew gangs on non-accented Brazilian gangs will kill you for collecting a few dead bats?
The homeless guy with a car - yep a guy with fancy boots, nice jeans and the face and hair of a homeless man crashes into you car because he knows you have the mother cell. he magically turned on your GPS, even though it has been on for a while and makes you nuts enough you don't stop the car and think about it, but drive on complaining until he kills you as you lived - complaining,

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
eta - sorry it has been pointed out to me the homeless looking guy is the missing murderer - who magically appears and knows what he wants from the innocent not animal killer guy. I thought he only wanted to kill hunters (know a town we can let him loose in now)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    

Perhaps Manson, excuse me - escaped convict - was a test subject of the crazy dad scientist? You know, the one who cut out the eyes of horses because of their pupils?

And gosh, nothing wrong with visiting a ghetto at night because all the bad guys are asleep, right?

I'm enjoying this show more each week!

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
I am loving this show, too! I didn't get why they kept showing the little girl with seizures and the dog. Then, right before they showed the picture of the vet. pathologist, I said "It's the daughter of the Vet!".

I just wish the show was on longer. Show more of how the animals are targeting humans. Be DONE with bats! I am terrified of bats and this is the second show where they featured bats targeting the humans/electricity.

Still haven't read the book. Going to library on Monday to see if it's there, if not, place a hold on it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
someone who read the book has said to me - don't read the book, they are 2 different stories. But the people here who have read the book would know best. Are they still watching?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have read the book and I am still watching.... however it's been a couple of years since I read it, so I can't help in whether they are similar or not. My feeling is that I don't recognise the tv show, but that could just be my crap memory.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
I have been watching the TV show and I just finished reading the book. There is very little of the show that is similar to the book. The prison scenes and the Manson style prisoner is not in the book at all.

So far, Attila the chimpanzee in the book has not been in the show, yet he is important to the first part of the book and at the end of the book.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I read the book and am still watching. After two episodes, I realized it was like different writers shared a few ideas and then all took different paths with it.

While I prefer the path of the book, I'm still watching the show although probably more for making fun then for taking it seriously.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gee, I'd rather not have known about the chimp that was in the book. Unless we know for sure this chimp will not be in the series, I'd consider that a spoiler.

Maybe there should be a second thread created for discussion of the book...?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
SF ~ The chimp was a major character in the book right from the get go and throughout the story because he was the beloved pet of the main character. If they haven't shown him in the tv version by now, I highly doubt they will at all. Because of that, I don't think it's spoiling to mention him.

So much has been changed from the book that I'm looking at them as two different versions. Lots of characters from the book are missing from the tv version and other new characters have been added instead.

So far, the only similarities between the two versions are that people are being attacked by animals around the planet and the main character is called "Oz".

Treasure

06-26-2002

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Yep, and even though the character has the name, the character in the book seems much different then on the show. So much is different it is more like two different storylines of a similar subject.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well finally caught up, but could not help but rolling on the proverbial floor laughing about the armored bears. Really do bears need armor to be protected from me? or are they just pissed at being shot at?

Interesting how they can see the DNA changing and the blood work odd and it was just such a weird episode. a lot of people have 2 jobs here, and my favorite part, a stranger walks into a meeting of French experts looking at a problem and tells them they are wrong and they all jump to it with hardly a doubt, ha ha and worse yet it was an American!! stranger they know nothing about!!!

So many McGuffins, so little time.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh, - of course it is alien - I am just repeating my self, they have not said it in the show --- yet.

so the mother cell not only causes the problem, it cures it. and the scientist is willing to sell out the world for his daughter who has to live in this world taken over by animals.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I get that they think the food company used the mother cell in their products but how do they explain the lions and other animals out in the wild having access to the mother cell?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
very easily - like It proves that it is alien equivalent - "it is everywhere!" what more do they need to say? What? you want to know how it got everywhere? Sorry, that is season 2.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I think it has to do with contamination in water or fields using products with the mother cell in it.

I am really enjoying the show, even with inaccurate information. I was dying of laughter when the bear was in the kitchen following the lady not 2 feet behind her. I have volunteered at wildlife sanctuaries and let me tell you, if a bear is 30 feet behind you, up wind or down wind, you're going to know he's there. They have a very distinctive smell that will knock you flat on your behind.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Rats! what more do I have to say - oh wait, they are all male rats, we have to look for the queen rat, Hee, having a good time watching.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I forgot to mention how I loved the elevator full of rats - they must have used those Japanese subway pushers to get them all in there like that.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
Okay, did NOT like the episode. I have a fear of rats bordering on a phobia. I could not watch 1/2 the episode as I was covering my eyes. Still loving the show, but come on, let's get to the bigger animals! Looks like next week they have a leopard, cool!

My hubby and I were talking and discussing/wondering, if the mother cell is in everything, why isn't it affecting humans? (or is it effecting? I get confused on the two!)

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
Okay Sadiesmom - I read your 11:29pm post and just about fainted at loving the elevator full of rats. I didn't see that, (eyes covered) and I am grateful. Just think it's funny that you loved it and I am passing out at the thought of it! ha ha ha!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that's it! The mother cell is making dialogue writers stupid

the elevator full of rats was too funny to be scary, you would have thought that the weight of all the rats would have crushed the ones on the bottom. Not to mention, how did they all pile in there? It is not like they walked in, they had to drop in from the top when the doors were already shut. Hery! It took major planning. Where to put your foot so there was not too much weight on the bottom rat.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
My hubby and I were talking and discussing/wondering, if the mother cell is in everything, why isn't it affecting humans? (or is it effecting? I get confused on the two!)

Good Point! Also if the mother cell is in everything, why is the one guy trying to "trade" it for medication for his daughter. Why can't the company just extract it from one of the animals?

Oh My, problems, problems.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"My hubby and I were talking and discussing/wondering, if the mother cell is in everything, why isn't it affecting humans? (or is it effecting? I get confused on the two!)"

It has affected at least one human....that crazy prisoner in the jail where the wolves attacked. He had the "defiant eye".

PS, In your sentence, "affecting" was the correct spelling. :-)

-----

Meaning of Affect and Effect

"In order to understand the correct situation in which to use the word affect or effect, the first thing one must do is have a clear understanding of what each word means.

Affect is a verb. It means to produce a change in or influence something.

Effect is a noun that can also be used as a verb. It means a change that occurred. When an "s" is added, "effects" means personal belongings."

More at the link:

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/affect-effect-grammar.html