TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fashion Police: Archive through May 14, 2015 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks for explaining what I really did not understand about Giuliana's comment. I can see how many people did not like it, although I still think after the apology they should return to be the group Joan made so successful.

Also, thanks for explaining that the show wasn't cancelled but somehow not airing as regularly as before... too bad, the one thing I noticed with Joan was she had a long stretch of the show even when all the others were closing for spring break and not returning till fall, she was there all the time, so it seemed to me.

The what color is this dress shows me that the world is going a bit banana, some things I just cannot understand.

Now, the news that the 'fake pearls' dress was left behind by the thief was something I appreciated hearing. The designer must be in hiding at the moment.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would rather see Khloe than Nene or Amber Rose also.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I can't believe the whole dust-up over Guiliana's comment... I think everyone overreacted to what was meant to be a simple comment... PC police indeed. Nobody can say anything without offending someone.

I was talking to my sister about this and I wonder if this is just the beginning of people getting outraged by comments from the Fashion Police cast and the cast having to apologize for their comments. Seems like when it was Joan saying the outrageous things she was given a pass because she WAS a comedienne. I think people understood that.

With the exception of Kathie, the others should knock off telling jokes because it comes across as snarky... Plus they are just not that funny.

Please... leave the jokes to the professional!

I have to say that I am really enjoying hearing what Brad has to say about the various fashions on the show, I like his inside info that he dispenses... it seems like he's taking his role on the show seriously. Something Kelly or Guiliana can't say. (I still get steamed when I think about them laughing at him last week for his pronunciation of a designer!!)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought them laughing at him was kind of funny and I don't think he took it as anything but good-natured teasing. He should have just told them that he was friends with the designer and that was how the individual pronounced his own name...LOL!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked the new show and thought it'd really be good next season once everyone got in the groove. Now with the tiresome PC outrage, the new group will be neutered.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Ru Paul's Dragrace and Kathy is a judge, along with Ross Matthews and Carson Cressley
I think Ross or Carson would be a good replacement for Kelly.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I like both those guys...

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Variety reports that Kathy Griffin is leaving Fashion Police. Here is the link to the article.
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/kathy-griffin-leaving-quit-fashion-police-1201451867/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
New Variety article says that Melissa Rivers, the new guy and Giuliana will be hosting new episodes starting March 30. Here is the link.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/kathy-griffin-leaving-quit-fashion-police-1201451867/

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Guess Kathy refuses to be neutered! Good for her.

I hope Zendaya is happy about the furor she created over a bit of fake hair.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Probably won't watch. Really can't stand Melissa, especially after I watched her behavior on Celebrity Apprentice.

I think Zendaya had a right to stand up for herself. She has an image to protect.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't think Zendaya created the furor............that would have been Guiliana who had no business using that line.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Or E! whose writers wrote the line in the first place...but Guiliana should have edited herself (although from what I have read it was editing that caused the furor in the first place).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dont blame Kathy. Look at all the politically correct nonsense over what Guiliana said. As I stated above, how can Kathy be funny and spontaneous if she has to run every little thing she might say past a group of lawyers, activist or whoever. The show has been neutered.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Probably won't watch. Really can't stand Melissa, especially after I watched her behavior on Celebrity Apprentice.

Roxip, Joan and Melissa were the reason we stopped watching Celebrity Apprentice, too. That and Trump himself. That man is insufferable. What an ego! Ugh.

I thought what Giuliana said about Zendaya was totally racist. The writers were implying that all people with dreadlocks smell like pachouli oil and weed?

The whole concept of this show is just wrong. It's not about fashion, it's about belittling and making fun of people for not living up to somebody's standards of what's appropriate style. It's always made me very uncomfortable, even when Joan was on. This show is on its last legs. It should just be canceled before it gets even worse.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought the show wasn't enjoyable because of the coarseness and belittlement that went on. Babyj, I too just wanted a mature look at the Red Carpet fashions and not nastiness.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto OG!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Ditto OG.. too. But I enjoyed seeing Joan sporting those great looking jackets and thinking she was 80 yrs old!!! Wow! I also enjoyed George's critique and now the new chap Brad, I'm glad Kathy is gone and so is Kelly... but really, this show should have died with Joan.

Get a totally different show with 'real' fashion critics.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
At this point, they should just cancel the show and move onto something else.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Whatever happened to people in the public eye having "tough skins"? I can remember watching the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts back in the 70's-80's and some of the things they said about/to one another were pretty sharp. No one took grave offense, they all laughed.

Celebs seem to have lost their sense of humor and are far too easily offended by things (that's the general scheme of things, period anymore). People are no longer entitled to their own opinion, they must be a lemming, following the other lemmings right off the cliff of political correctness.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've never enjoyed that kind of humor. Never got Don Rickles either. I was taught that if your "joke" disparages someone else (especially in a mean way), it's just not funny.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just saw on yahoo.com that "E" has put Fashion Police on hiatus. They are going to recast and reformat. (Sorry I didn't bring the link but I have to get back to work!)

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fashion-police-hiatus-execs-explains-782677

Very enlightening article...

another...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fashion-police-kathy-griffin-zendaya-780907

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
another...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kathy-griffin-fashion-police-a-781659

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Melissa Rivers is making comments saying that Kathy Griffin "sh## on her mother's legacy".

I understand how close Melissa was to her mother and how hard this past year has been but I also think her anger is misplaced.

Kathy is not responsible for her mother's death and I don't agree that she is responsible for what has happened on Fashion Police. She realized the show wasn't a good fit for her and chose to leave.

I suggest Melissa take time off to not only mourn but to also get the therapy needed to realize she can't continue to live off of her mother's talents.