TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Whispers: Archive through June 15, 2015 users admin

Kaysarluvsme

08-07-2005

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
I watched this first show and I have to say that it creeps me out using children in a show this way. Anyone else catch this show?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. I groaned a bit when they went to the soldier in the desert, because I thought it was going to get really convoluted, but as long as they can make sure the stories remain tight I think it could be a good one.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched it. Liked it enough to watch again.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
where and when?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
This is on Mondays at 10 on ABC. The first episode is being rerun this Saturday at 8.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's certainly interesting and creepy. For some reason, I've always been a little uncomfortable when a child says that he or she has an imaginary friend.

A friend and I had a good laugh about this a few years ago. She and her little girl were at home, alone in the house, when her little girl (about five years old at the time) started telling her about her imaginary friend. That was going okay until my friend asked her when she visits with her imaginary friend and her DD replied, "He is here in the room with us right now, Mommy!"

LOL my friend was saying to me, "Here I am a grown woman, well educated and I felt like grabbing my DD and running out of the house".

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
This first episode reminded me of an episode of "Outer Limits". The ones they made in the '80's or '90's. Aliens, that only children of a certain age or younger could hear/see, had the children bring them household objects to build a portal for the aliens to come through for an invasion.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just watched our recording, and I have to say we liked it. It went in a different direction than I expected. I thought it was going to be weird supernatural spirits possessing little children, but it seems to be so much more than that. Kind of reminds me of the X-Files.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yeah, this show too is another that reminds me of so many sci-fi themes already well known but I'll watch the next episode just to see if it offers a new spin, something to do with an alien entity far superior than ours, rather than some government experiment or possessed children.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At exactly the 46 minute mark of tonight's show, I looked over at DH and and said "This show stinks". And he said "You just noticed?"

I think tonight is the last night we are giving to it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's interesting. I think our likes are often similar but I am enjoying this one. I'm amazed by the children's acting. It's very good. I'm curious about where they'll go with this.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really got into it. Helps that I like a lot of the actors (Lily Rabe, Milo Ventimiglia(sp), that guy from Revenge). I still have a feeling the reveal at the end will be something frustrating but I'm enjoying the mystery of it all right now.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
The story has to make sense to me and right now it doesn't. I'll give it one more week and decide.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Me too, I'll watch another ep and if it's going nowhere I'll lose interest. I find it creepy that children are turned into criminals by helping this strange entity (well, the one that almost killed her mother and the one who accessed secret files, and now even the deaf son who will help these malevolent entity), I just find this too creepy...

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I find the children disturbing too in the way they are acting on the direction of this unseen thing! The adults are at risk because they have children!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Adults are always at risk if they have children.

Sorry, just got off the phone with my granddaughter who hasn't had a full night's sleep since her baby was born 6 weeks ago.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else recognize "Cameron" from Ferris Beuler's Day Off? He looks exactly the same as he did 30 years ago, only with gray hair!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the first two episodes Friday or Saturday and will keep recording.. Creepy for sure..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't think "Cameron" is in Wayward Pines. I checked IMDB.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Different thread, maybe? This is The Whispers..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Please forgive me. They both start with W. LOL. Yes, Whispers. Looks like he's a producer as well! I'll head back into they Wayward Pins thread, which is where I'm supposed to be.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. makes sense to me. Actually I think I might have popped The Whispers up to the top of the list to confuse things..

Maybe one of those Pines is here, too? It makes me envision thise pine trees wandering about.. (but I haven't seen that show)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I can never remember the name of the Pines show either (even though I read all three books and watch the show). I can never remember whether it's Whispering or Wandering Pines, probably because "Wandering Pines" doesn't make any sense. Pines can't wander!

Sorry, I know I'm OT.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe they are haunted pines.. I could see that on Whispers!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom - You're very close....it's "Wayward"!:-)