TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: Archive through March 26, 2015 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
PS. The guy who was the unexpected guest at the shooting weekend, who was paired with Mary, have we seen him before? He looked just like the other two guys who were pursuing her earlier in the season. I kept trying to place him. Was he a new character? Or have we seen him before??

Also the estate agent Edith was paired with, she seemed quite smitten with him. I hope we'll see more of him.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Just read on a FB post that Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley) is in negotiations to play the Beast in Disney's new Beauty and the Beast. I'd spend some bucks to see that.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Actor Matthew Goode played Henry Talbot, the unexpected guest exchanging witty banter with Mary on the A Moorland Holiday episode of Downton Abbey. He was also in The Imitation
Game as Hugh Alexander and has been playing Finn on The Good Wife.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Sugar! I knew I'd seen him before, but couldn't place him. I'm hoping they bring him back next season. She certainly seemed interested, especially after she saw that car.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
I would think that Lady Mary would have a little caution about men & fast cars...since her husband died in a car accident. (Yea, I know it wasn't a fast car he was in, but a car accident nevertheless)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing, Oxies_luv. I think it caught her eye cause apparently it was an expensive car, and suddenly she realized she'd underestimated her opinion of him.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I thought that Julian Fellows dropped the ball with this. Tasteless and stupid, to have Mary drooling over a guy with a fancy car after losing the love of her life to a car accident. (BTW I am a HUGE JF fan but this was 100% just wrong.)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I think we're getting a peek at Season 6 here

Both George and Marigold have aged, Tom and Sybbie are not in the picture
https://www.facebook.com/DowntonAbbey/photos/pcb.944855675555038/944855442221728/?type=1&theater

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Sorry that's so big...not sure how to make it smaller :-(

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Maggie Smith is not in the picture.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That picture was of the Duchess Kate visiting the set of Downton Abbey. I read an article that said Maggie Smith couldn't be there that day. Doesn't have anything to do with who will be on next season. Just a reflection of who was on set that day.

And of course Tom & Sybbie are gone. They went to America. George and Marigold are a year older than when they were last filmed, so of course they've "aged." Children change so quickly at that age. That's why it's so hard to use children in TV.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Is that Lady Edith bottom right, second one in?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's Edith with Marigold I believe.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's Edith. Some of them were in costume and some of them not. I imagine most of them showed up for work that day to meet the Duchess, whether or not they were scheduled for filming. They all look very happy to meet her.

Here's another article with more pictures:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1883848/kate-middleton-travels-back-in-time-during-downton-abbey-set-visit/

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, there were a lot of questions about whether Tom would or would not go to America. I think the picture answers that. Dame Maggie Smith has already said she'll be back. I was also commenting on how both George and Marigold had been aged so it's obvious some months, or even a year, will have passed between the seasons. (I think that may even be a different Marigold)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
An article says that Julian said that six months will have passed between seasons which would mean it is spring/summer. I think he hinted that the "Americans" will/might be back for the Christmas special.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Who's the guy in the uniform?

Mimi

04-30-2009

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roteach and Baby Jax.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
'Guy in uniform'? I've no idea.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Just read on the DA US Fan Page that Isis will not be replaced. Lord Grantham will be dogless in Season 6.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
At a country manor estate? No! Say it isn't so.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
That's what I was thinking. Don't they need a dog when they go hunting?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Well, at least we will still have Isis' tushie opening the show.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Unless they update the opening Rieann.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Just got this off The Guardian site:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/26/downton-abbey-to-end-after-season-six