TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 18, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Empire: Archive through March 18, 2015 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watching this? Tonight was the second episode. It is fast moving and keeps my attention. Visually interesting and good talent.
It is kind of a hip-hop version of "Nashville"

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I had written this one off because of the promos...it just looked dumb. Then they re-aired the pilot a couple of days later and I accidentally channel flipped to it just as it started and it pulled me in like a trapdoor spider pulls in a cricket! LOL

I read a TV Guide article where Taraji P. Henson said "this role will be my 'Dynasty'!" I really liked her as Detective Carter on Person of Interest and the second I saw her as Cookie on Empire I was hooked. You know every time Cookie shows up, something unseemly is gonna go down.

Empire is: Over the top. Trashy (as in Dynasty-Trashy). And it's best described as a guilt pleasure. It never leaves me drumming my fingers waiting for a dull or boring scene to end. It's all good as long as I don't take it too seriously.

I recommend it....if you liked Dynasty, you'll probably like this.

(Btw, the irony here is that I never watched more than one episode of Dynasty but all my friends were always talking about it so I tuned in to an episode and saw Alexis and Krystle all glammed up but fighting like dogs and cats in a giant water fountain...LOL It was a great scene but too much story line had already happened for me to be able to follow the plot at that point, so I never watched it again.)

Empire is fun trash. That being said it'll probably get canceled because I get such a big kick out of it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am watching purely to feast upon Terrence and then I also Taraji. I will hang with this for the duration. I like the analogy of this being the "hip-hop" version of Nashville, a show I did not think I would like and was dead wrong since I love it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I TOTALLY will watch anything with Terrance and Taraji in it so to have BOTH, it was a no brainer. Plus I like it in itself. All the actors seem perfect, I like the story lines and Terrance is that guy you feel for but definitely not perfect (umm killing bunker)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI - I just noticed that the first two episodes of Empire are re-airing back to back at 8 pm on Saturday night on FOX.

I believe these are the only episodes that have aired thus far so everyone has a chance to check it from the beginning! According to imdb.com, the next NEW episode airs on Wed, January 21.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I haven't had a chance to watch the show, but I came across this very interesting interview with Lee Daniels about the episode that featured the two men who kissed -- I love how he offers his opinions in a crystal-clear manner -- it's a short piece, but definitely not to be missed!

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/02/lee-daniels-discusses-homophobic-audience-reaction-to-gay-kissing-on-empire-watch.html

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love this show. Terrance Howard is beautiful and I love Taraji. Broke my heart when they killed her off on Person of Interest.

Just watched the last two episodes (last week and last night). Who knew Courtney Love could act?! I thought she did quite well. I think she's a natural beauty, too, when she's not looking like an addict.

When's Lucious gonna dump the "Lena Horne wannabe" (Cookie's words) and get back with Cookie? And I don't mean just sleeping with her.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Love love love the show too. Been missing Taraji since POI too and now to be paired with Terrance... Oh my!

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
This is my favorite show. I love Taraji, Cookie is a hoot.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
"What can you do, Yoko? Can you play the tamborine?"

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Babyjax........that was indeed funny.I was watching Empire and even my 81 year old Mom was enjoying this show which she initially blew off.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Can I tell you how much I love this show. I love Cookie, she is a riot. she is great. look forward to watching her bring lucius to his knees next week.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I LOVED that Yoko line lol-this show is hilarious, fun and sexy all rolled in one!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
All of the above plus great music. Who wasn't rocking at the white party!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I keep hoping that they have a scene where Naomi Campbell throws a phone at Cookie and they have a knock down drag out fight.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
rofl Sanfran, it is coming ...... This is such a great show.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
nobody has anything to say about Cookie's victory. Love her

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first episode on On Demand. I will definitely watch the rest!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, I think Cookie could take Naomi. She's awesome. I'd love to see that!

Smokey

07-07-2003

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I just watched the series so far on Hulu Plus. I love it. I really enjoy Jussie Smollett. And of course, Cookie and Lucious. It's a great show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just learned that the actor who plays Jamaal came out as gay in real life. Good for him! Living in the closet is hell.

Empire' actor Jussie Smollett reveals he’s gay on ‘Ellen’: ‘There is no closet

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/empire-actor-jussie-smollett-reveals-gay-ellen-article-1.2142755

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
When this news hit SFJF, the only thing I could think was, "I don't care if he's gay or not. Does he do his own singing on the show?" I love him. He's my favorite character (besides Cookie, of course). And yes, apparently, after seeing him and the actor who plays Hakeem sing on American Idol, I guess they do their own singing on the show. Really enjoying this show more than I thought I would.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
This show is a hoot. The little touches they throw in to show how 'important' this family is. Lucious on the phone with President Obama after his son disrepects the pres... "Now Barack you don't have to use that language." Lucious talking about some dilemma at their restaurant... "Call Gordon Ramsay, I've been wanting him to take over the restaurant anyway." Lucious with a photo of Oprah behind his desk. I'm sure there are more to come. :-)

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Ok guess im late to the party, I binged watched 9 episodes yesterday and number 10 today!! this show is hot, hot, hot!!! cant wait to see the season finale!!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FIGHT! Cookie vs BooBoo Kitty!

All I could think about was Alexis vs Crystal duking it out in the fountain!