TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 19, 2015 users admin

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
How the heck do we get Karen Johnson off this panel. Everyone else is leaving cuz she's so obnoxious but she continues to cling on like a big leech She's just the worst opinionated selfish and uninformed

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Aye yi yi! They need to STOP messing with this show and give them a chance to gel together again!

I know I have complained about Rosie Perez but not enough to want to see her gone. I think she just needed time to adjust from being an actress to being on a talk show.

I love Nicole Wallace on this show and hope they leave her in place. They're idiots if they don't!

I like Raven but like Rosie Perez, she needs to learn that there are 'conservatives' in the world and figure out how to talk to them.

I love Michelle Collins whenever she's on so if she becomes permanent - YAY!! She lightens up the mood so well - at least when they LET her.

I don't know how Whoopi stays there with all the crap these producers throw at her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The talk out there is that in the fall Whoopi and Raven will most likely be the only two returning.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have heard that there is a certain aroma wafting through the halls when Whoopie is there.
I find the View unwatchable with the people they have on now. I don't know that I could not take each of them with a different cast, but as they exist today, I can't even bear to go to the show with free tickets hoping to get free stuff. I have been there twice in the last year and won't be going back unless they get a new crew, it is horrible, they are rude to the audience, years ago one or more of the hosts would talk to the audience in the intermissions, now it is like they wish we were not there. Only the warm up guy talks to the audience. PlusI find their set (not on TV way smaller than it used to be - they moved studios to a place that is on the upper east side near Lincoln center from where you used to have to walk a mile to the docks to see a show. Just so very unpleasant, and they even let you wait inside on bad weather days, still not worth going to hate sitting there.

Raven is just so empty headed, and her hair cut is so distracting. Whoopi does not hold my interest, there are rumors she self medicates to get through the show. And since she does not talk to anyone anymore during intermissions, I can believe it, she Vants to be alone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One thing I have noticed is that every single rumor about firings on this shows for the most part have come true.

Here's an article about Rosie's firing, but they also mention Nicole. I hope it's true.

"Now for Nicole Wallace, ‘sources’ may be claiming that she’s in ‘talks’, but the longtime political adviser will have to take a small salary if she wants to continue on the show. The View has done well during presidential elections, and Wallace brings a great conservative voice to the show, but if ABC can find a younger more easily brandable name, she’s out the door with Perez. Of course, ABC will say she chose to leave."

http://movietvtechgeeks.com/rosie-perez-off-view/

And another article says:

"Variety reported last week that producers are planning yet another revamp, including a shift in the daily “Hot Topics” segment. Executives apparently want to focus more on celebrity stories instead of serious news, which could make Wallace, a former White House communications director, expendable. Sources said producers were disappointed in both her lack of spark during “Hot Topics” debates and her limited knowledge of celebrities.

Even if Wallace isn’t fired from The View, ABC will need to search for new cast members. Producers apparently want five women on the panel next year, but only Whoopi Goldberg and newly-announced host Raven-Symone are locks for the new season. Michelle Collins, another frequent guest host (and favorite of Goldberg’s) has reportedly signed on for a permanent gig, as well. And ABC reportedly wants a new Latina host now that Rosie Perez is leaving.
"

http://www.hollywoodtake.com/view-cast-fired-rosie-perez-exit-may-not-be-only-co-host-change-michelle-collins-could-87062

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read that they won't even talk politics next year. That's ok by me since they never really had a good conservative representative. I've only watched about 4 times since Perez and Wallace joined the show and I just don't think I care anymore. Still love Whoopie no matter what.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's what it says in one of the quotes I posted. That the executives want to focus more on celebrity stories instead of serious news.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I happened to watch some of it today. Whoopi is still sticking up for Cosby?! He said in a deposition . . . .

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
<99> Karen and raveyn are locks for the show ?? Her constant defending of that creepy Cosby is insane plus
More Celebrity crap less hot topics ? These two are the least intelligent least articulate of this entire mess. <99> Ok. I'm out The dumbing down of America will continue without me

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Colordeaqua ~ I thought Whoopi might back off with this latest news but I think she takes it personally because of her own past experiences with false accusations.

The whole reason I like The View and watch it over The Talk is because I don't want to hear simply celebrity news. Even worse, I hate the stupid questions asked such as 'whose butt pic was better'.

With the election coming up, I like the fact that Nicole has so much insight into the Republican party that a younger person wouldn't have simply due to life experiences.

I'm not always able to listen to Republicans without getting extremely angry (no offense to anyone here) but I do like the way she explains things.

I went to a live show recording many years back and decided to never do it again because of how disappointed I was with the 'downtime' and how you see the real sides of these people and it isn't always so nice, lol.

But thanks for that info, Sadiesmom as to how they've changed where they film, etc. Interesting to hear from someone who has actually gone to the show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
"Dumbing down of America"

Yep.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Whoppie's defense of Cosby would frustrate me if I bothered to watch this show but I have passed on "The View " for some time. All of her ranting and raving won't help him.If it looks like a duck, quakes like a duck....it's a duck. I am so disappointed in Bill Cosby and he cannot keep getting away with harming anyone. Just because he has $$$ and fame does give him a pass.
I look at him now and all I see is a mean looking old man.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
What a pathetic attempt to redeem her ridiculous self

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Nicolle Wallace was fired.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just read that, too. I was waiting for it to show up on more news sites before believing it, but I guess the news is spreading.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/nicolle-wallace-axed-as-the-view-co-host-exclusive-1201541069/

I couldn't be more thrilled about this news, but I still can't believe it 100%.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Why didn't you like her Naja?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As far as the View is concerned, it's mainly her high pitched squeaky voice when she would try shout down her co-hosts, and how she would never let a guest a finish a sentence. She would finish their sentences for them and we never would get to hear the celebrity's answer. The celebrity interviews were about herself and not the celebrity.

Plus, I have always disliked her since she joined MSNBC a couple years ago (she's still there). She is so belittling and grumpy and as well as condescending. She's really not a nice person at all when you know her from any place other than the view.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I dont know her from anywhere but The View. Her voice is whiny, but better than Rosie Perez. Who is the big woman they hired. She towers over the others and not exactly thin. I don't watch The View that much,but have noticed her lately.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm really sorry to hear this. I only know her from the View and if they have to have a republican on the panel, she's been the best so far imho as to having real knowledge about what's going on.

It sounds like their biggest complaint is her lack of knowledge about celebrities but guess what producers - If you want someone who is actually intelligent, they might not be spending their days watching the E channel or relying on social media to get their news like Raven.

Michelle Collins is the new co-host and is there to provide comic relief which I think she is great at. That means she'll probably be fired by October for some lame reason.

I have defended this show over the Talk so many times but dang - who would want to work for these producers?!

Way to go guys.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
oh pleeeeze put this poor show to bed....long over due

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It's still better than "The Real" ( The Shrill) it's just so amateur.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
She is too smart for this gig. I can't believe she can defend dubya but her ability is without question. The intellectual contrast with the rest of the panel was striking

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was a little funny how they announced that Nicolle was going to disarm a rumor about herself at the beginning of the show the other day, and of course most of the viewing audience was thinking she was going to say the firing was rumor. But it ended up the rumor she dismantled was that she didn't know enough about the Kardashians....LOL
Not a word about the firing.

But if you read the articles closely, her firing is because she didn't engage harshly enough in the political talk. Her lack of pop culture knowledge was the secondary reason.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Yes because we need more harsh polarizing and ugly discourse. Why show a view where you could actually learn understand and improve a situation by coming together.
What possible function could an example such as that serve ...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well if they'd hire an equal amount of conservatives to liberals I don't think she'd have to engage so harshly.i knew the moment they hired her she wasn't a strong enough voice to represent conservatives. I don't know why the powers that be feel that the panel has to be so uneven politically. They didn't like that Elizabeth H had to scream to be heard over 4 other hosts , so who knows what they want. I obviously don't think they know since they change hosts as often as their underwear.