TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Murder in the First on TNT: Archive through July 19, 2015 users admin

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Even fans on the Facebook page fore this show are saying the same thing about it being confusing!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why Hildy and her partner are keeping the truth from their Lieutenant that Caleb didn't commit suicide and was, in fact, murdered. Why would they let him go on TV and give a presser that Caleb committed murder/suicide when he didn't?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm not quite sure about that either, Lexie. The only thing I can think is that they don't want to spill the beans that Kaleb was murdered until they figure out who did it?

I love the cast of this show (Kathleen Robertson, Taye Diggs, Rafael Sbarge) and that it's filmed in San Francisco. I'm always asking DH, "What street is that? Oh, the Embarcadero! The Ferry Building!" (He grew up there, and I lived in Marin--just north of the GG Bridge--for 15 years.) Love The City.

But yes, this season is highly confusing!!!

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Lexie, we can't figure out why they aren't telling their LT either. Do they mistrust him?

(Or maybe it's because Hildy still can't rule out her own brother as a suspect; maybe they don't want to tell the LT who the suspects are, until they know it isn't her brother? Although when he confessed to the affair with Alyssa, I thought that effectively dealt with Hildy's concerns about him.)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Was last night's show (7/13) only a half hour? I just tried to watch it On Demand and it cut off after a half hour. They'd just discovered the young boy's body was missing in the morgue and it just cut off. If anyone can finish it for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I watched the whole hour. Like usual nothing much is fleshed out yet on that subject. But Sugar's sister's body was delivered to his home in a big box.

Used CC again and it really does help.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I wish I had used CC last night to understand what was going on with Kaleb, Navarro and the Nazi Brotherhood. None of that made any sense to me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm very confused this season. So many storylines to follow! I'm glad Rafael Sbarge doesn't seem to be a bad guy. I love him. He's Jiminy Cricket, after all (on OUAT).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think he IS a bad guy!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I am very suspicious of "Jiminy Cricket". He just seems too anxious about details of the investigation of the cop's murder to me. He seemed extra anxious when he learned they realized that the second dead cop didn't commit suicide. (Sorry, can't remember his character name on Murder in the First)

My theory is that he killed the first cop in those tunnels (I think he was even the one that discovered the body) and I believe he tried to frame the other cop for it and shot him and tried to make it look like a suicide.

That actor was on The Guardian (with Simon Baker) and his character name was "Jake" and he was somewhat shifty. Every time I see "Jake" on another show, I suspect him of whatever the crime de jour is. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Which cop are y'all talking about? I don't know who is "Jiminy Cricket." There is Hildy's brother (I can't remember his name - she might have called him Junior), and Mook/Moof(?) (Navarro's partner).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I looked him up for you.

His name is Raphael Sbarge. He plays Jiminy Cricket on "Once Upon a Time".

His character name on "Murder in the First" is "David Molk".

mv5

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0768620/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I agree with you. The other reason I think he is bad guy is because he is a higher profile actor than the other supporting cast...which usually indicates they will have more of a storyline. If you ever see an actor you recognize on Major Crimes, rest assured ..they did it! LOL

Anyways, I think his storyline will morph with the drug guys storyline. I actually wont be surprised if 'Jiminy' is in cahoots with the Chinese bad guys

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, Pamy I have noticed that as well on other shows. Haven't watch this episode yet, will soon.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I always suspect the guest star in a crime of the week drama, too and 90% pf the time that turns out to be the killer! The difference with "Jiminy" is that he isn't a guest star, he's a series regular.....and most of the regulars are higher profile actors.

His character, "David Molk", is listed at IMDB.COM as being in all 10 episodes of season one, too. I wasn't even sure he was in season one until I just checked. (Click on "See all" under his "Murder in the First" credits at the IMDB link in my above post.)

But I still suspect him. I always suspect that actor in his many guest starring roles. Checking his credits he seems to have been in almost every show I watch or used to watch!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks SFJF!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But wasn't Molk cleared as a suspect in Kaleb's death, along with Hildy's brother? He seemed pretty shaken up when the skinheads confronted him outside Navarro's house.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I couldn't say, Lexie....too many characters whose names I can't keep straight. I expect that it will go back and forth throughout the season...people they cleared will be suspected again and people they suspected will be cleared.

The only thing that seems obvious to me is that a cop shot the another cop in the tunnels, and his partner(?) who had no alibi was found dead of an apparent suicide, but was later found to be murdered as well.

I'm a bit unclear here, but I believe the second dead cop (the who did not actually commit suicide) had a computer that was used to send Navarro's address to the skinheads and because of that, Navarro is now on the run. The detectives believe that the second dead cop sent the email, but *I* think someone else did and just tried to make it look like the work of the second dead cop.

I don't think Navarro is a cop killer but he is running because of something else we have yet to discover....likely he's running from the skinheads, but he also knows the cops are looking for him now. If Navarro also suspects a cop of both murders and the email sent to the skinheads that put him in danger, he might just be afraid to go back to police and explain what's happening because he doesn't know who to trust.

So we know for sure that a cop killed a cop and that the dead cop's partner(?) was suspected of it....until he, too was found murdered.

Looks to me like we are still looking for a cop, and I just have a gut feeling that Navarro isn't a cop killer....but I suspect Molk having a part in all this. Maybe Molk killed both cops and maybe he didn't...but I think, at the very least, he used the second dead cop's computer to send the email to the skinheads, so he is involved in some capacity.

I think the Chinese kid's murder in the grow house, the war between Sugar and the Chinese gang, and the skinheads going after Navarro are all somehow connected but as of yet, that is still unexplained.

I could have some details wrong and my suspicions are just that - suspicions. I have seen no actual proof showing any particular cop to be a cop killer....but Molk seems to be the most likely candidate in my book.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, oh wow I dont remember at all in season 1 hmmmmm I may have to rethink my theory! lol

I also remember him from other shows and I just remember him as someone I never liked. Im even suspicious of him as jiminy ! LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think you are correct SFJF that Navarro didn't kill Kaleb (the cop who did NOT commit suicide) but is on the run from the skinheads.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't remember all the details, but I think the thing with Navarro has to do with his brother (the guy with the shaved head and all the tatoos that was in the car with him). I think somehow they used Navarro's brother to blackmail him into helping them kill the 2nd dead cop (fake suicide) or else they wanted him to do something and he refused, now he's on the run. Maybe I'll go see if I can find a recap. This show is so confusing.

And Pamy and SFJF, as much as I love you guys, I hope you are WRONG about Molk/Jiminy Cricket (although I'm afraid you could be right, too).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here we go. Maybe this will help:

"Back at the department, after discovering that Kaleb had notes on some of the members of the Nazi Brotherhood, and had sent Navarro’s personal information to some gang members, they talked to Junior’s criminal informant within the Brotherhood at a strip club. There, they discovered that the Brotherhood was after Navarro’s younger brother, who had just been released. The Brotherhood had gotten Navarro’s family’s details from Kaleb, who was on the Brotherhood’s payroll. After talking to Molk, they realized that Navarro was going to flee to Mexico."

http://www.movienewsguide.com/murder-first-recap-oh-mexico/74847http://www.movienewsguide.com/murder-first-recap-oh-mexico/74847

That's a good site. I might like to check that out every week to clear up the confusion!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is a good site TY!! :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks BJM - I think I'm going to join you every week in checking out that site. This show has my head spinning this season. I don't understand why TPTB didn't stick with the same formula as last year.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I like a show that challenges me a little bit (I don't like being able to see every plot twist coming), but this show is crazy! Maybe I'm just getting older, but I can't remember all the details from week to week!