TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 25, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Zoo (on CBS): Archive through July 25, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Movies never live up to the books they were made from.

I'm really enjoying it...I'm glad I never read the book so I can judge it on just one thing - how well it entertains me. I don't have anything to compare it to so I don't get distracted waiting for scenes that didn't make it to the movie or characters that were totally changed in the transition from book to movie.

It's a fun summer show that I will have totally forgotten about by the time American Horror Story and Walking Dead return in a few months! :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am watching my first one, which I think is the second show. So far I am enjoying it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was pretty good but it makes me really anxious so I doubt I will watch many others. As I said some of the book scared me silly so as I watch the show I am just in dread for what bad thing is going to happen next.

Not a very peaceful way to chill out, LOL.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
They need to find someone else to do their CGI because it's really bad.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
There are a number of things in the past two episodes that do not compute scientifically. Will watch to see if these are part of the story or lack of research for the production.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I guess my vision is deteriorating (and it is, ha ha getting old) but I thought the CGI was Ok

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna for leading me here.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the second episode yet so I haven't read the comments. So far the first one, while not perfect, has me intrigued.

Debra

11-19-2003

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
This show totally freaked me out. I have not read the book. I was happy to watching it in the daytime with all the lights on. LOL! I can't wait for the next episode.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ok got this from Icanhazcheezburger.com, but I can't find the page, but that is where I got it from

Debra

11-19-2003

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Lmbo!

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting...

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Scout, I read that a lot of the animal scenes were with real animals, not CGI.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/peta-protesting-zoo-cbs-1201530440/

http://www.bustle.com/articles/93896-are-the-animals-cbs-used-for-zoo-real-or-cgi-the-answer-may-worry-you

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ugh bats flying in the daytime, blinded horses, oh my.
Wolves who apparently can short out electric doors and breach a security prison. People who move as slow as molasses.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
We were screaming at the guards at the prison, lol! DO SOMETHING!!

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
I haven't read the book, yet, so I am really enjoying the show. Like Sanfranjoshfan, I don't have anything to compare it to. I am just waiting for all the animals to start over taking the world. I become disappointed after the shows that there was not much animal action. I like the premise as I am a tree hugging liberal animal activist and want to cheer the animals on. LOL

I am just wondering if this is only going to be a summer show for one season? I can't see how they can make this a permanent series.

Is the book a good read? I was thinking of ordering it from the library, but want to make sure it's worth it.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
The first two episodes, DH and I found uninspiring. The only reason we stuck through the 3rd one was because it was already on our PVR. The story has started coming together though in that 3rd one so will give it a few more. My biggest issue, and I know it seems silly in a made-up world, is that I can buy animals losing fear or becoming hyper violent. It's the increase in thousands of percentages of their intelligence that is harder to swallow. Lions now know how the vascular system of humans works and know where to claw/bite as to render helpless but not kill? So they are saying that for all of prior history animals have just been unmotivated couch potatoes? Maybe that's part of the story that they will explain down the road.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sillypickles - I had fun reading the book for what it was - a quick beach read. I checked it out from the library so I wouldn't complain later about a waste of money. I had read both bad and good reviews so I had no great expectations.

I agree with Rissa that it's one thing for the animals to be working together to hunt humans and quite another to take it to the level of them understanding our physical anatomy and how it works.

Most complaints about the book were that it wasn't scientifically accurate but I always enjoy it when something is presented that gives us pause to question things. Sometimes we need to be reminded that we will never control mother nature.

I'm enjoying this show the way I enjoy many SyFy movies - don't take it seriously and have fun with yelling at the characters to "RUN"!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The book is very exciting, faster paced than the show, but it kind of left an open ending. If you go into it expecting that (and therefore not being disappointed) it's a good read.

The intelligence issue gets me too, Rissa. And it's unnecessary, a lot of the animals they are featuring are excellent hunters, so they could just make them more targeted or cunning, but not this totally unbelievable stuff, like with the phone.

If I remember it correctly, the book is much more realistic about that.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
I think I will check out the book from the library. Sounds like something I would like to read.

One problem I did have was when they were talking about a "pride of male lions"...

That is an incorrect statement. A pride consists of 1 or more male lions with related females and their cubs. A group of 2 or more male lions is called a coalition.

That statement just bugged me, along with a male lion taking a full size human male up a tree. Male lions are unable to climb trees, let alone tugging a human up said tree. Now if it was a leopard, yeah, I could believe it as they can haul an animal that is twice their size/weight up a tree. There is no reason for a lion to put their kill up a tree as no one will try and take a kill from a male lion, except, perhaps, a clan of hyenas.

I am enjoying the show, just wondering if it's going to be a permanent series as I don't see how they can take it longer than one, possibly two seasons.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a coalition, I like that, it sounds so... political and cunning.

Sillypickles

06-29-2015

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillypickles a private message Print Post    
LOL Sadiesmom! Yep, cheetahs also have coalitions with males (brothers)teaming up together. Male lions, when kicked out of the pride when they reach sexual maturity, if alone often run into other males who are alone and they form a coalition, they can also be related males kicked out of the pride at the same time. I love wildlife and wanted to be a veterinarian for large mammals.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
someone stop me, I can't stop!!!!
This is a real thing, a real cat tree!!!!
Rare photos show Serengeti lions napping in a tree
Australian Bobby-Jo Clow was leading a photographic safari in the Moru Kopjes area of Central Serengeti, Tanzania, when the tour came upon a very unusual sight: a tree full of lions taking naps.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Love it!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
because zoo amuses me so much, I have to go on - the exploding coconut water. This reminded me of one of my favorite movies that you can never find on TV anymore. SO cheap, you swore the sets were all painted cardboard and the monster/alien was easily identifiable vacuum cleaner parts - I give you the "Claw". it was about a giant alien bird circling the earth and landing in recognizable landmarks only the size of the alien bird seemed to vary because it was just a bird on the UN building, but twice the size of mT Rushmore. Nut I digress
The exploding coconut water reminded me of when a feather of this bird was found on the ground and 4 people carried it into a room with a large computer (carboard) with embedded flashing lights and a conveyor belt so you could put things in the computer, so they put the feather on the conveyor belt and it went into the computer, which then exploded and the scientist (handsome heros with glasses and the acting ability of a flea) screamed - that proves it! the bird is alien!
Well the exploding water was because the bubbles came so fast and any liquid that is in an open top container would not bubble over or even geyser up, no it has to explode the glass with force, and then not make a flooding mess because there was so much liquid. Well, as far as I am concerned, that proves it!! itis alien!