TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Mr Robot

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Mr Robot users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 05, 2015Sanfranjoshfan25 08-05-15  6:04 pm
Archive through September 03, 2015Kitt25 09-03-15  10:28 am
Archive through October 18, 2015Spunky25 10-18-15  9:05 am
Archive through August 03, 2016Kitt25 08-03-16  6:36 pm
Archive through November 07, 2017Kitt25 11-07-17  6:36 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anybody catch the snark in last episode?

Whiterose and that main guy from Evil Corp (the one that hired Angela) were having drinks at a bar and making cracks about the owner of the establishment. Something about being invited to a boat ride with him, and then Whiterose said something about how his swim trunks are really short and adds "too snug" with a distasteful look on his face. That's when the older E-Corp guy said "I believe they call that 'hanging brain'", whereupon Whiterose laughed, spitting out his drink!

Oh, did I forget to mention that at the start of that scene they showed a drink being placed on a cocktail napkin that was embellished with the name of the place, "Mar a Lago"?

LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
oops...I meant last week's episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Were they referring to the tennis shorts photo? I wasn't sure if there was a specific reference or if it was just a generic snark.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
They were talking about the "owner" of the place they were in. They were in Mar a Lago. They said the owner had invited them to a boat ride and then they started dishing him saying that his swim trunks were too snug.

I don't know what you mean by tennis shorts photo.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
A quick search turned this up:

Here's an article from a RW site that was thoroughly Unamused at that hysterically funny scene:

USA's 'Mr. Robot' Takes Cheap Shots Against 'Buffoon' Trump

<snip>

"In one scene, we have Whiterose (B.D. Wong), who was revealed to be behind the rise of Donald Trump in the Mr. Robot universe, and E Corp (“Evil Corp”) CEO Phillip Price (Michael Cristofer) meeting at a gala hosted at the Mar-A-Lago resort to discuss the recent events surrounding the corporation. Considering the first second of the scene is a lingering shot at a “Mar-A-Lago” logo, the show clearly wants to televise the Trump resort as a meeting ground for evil corporate overlords, but that’s not enough for them. Eventually talk comes towards the "buffoon" owner himself, though not directly by name.

Price: Another fine choice of venue by Sergey.

Whiterose: Utterly tasteless.

Price: I passed that buffoon of an owner in the lobby. You're gonna take him up on his offer to go boating tomorrow?

Whiterose: Oh, please, don't remind me. Those swim trunks he insists upon wearing, a bit too snug... And a bit too short, wouldn't you say?

Price: MM. I believe the appropriate term is "Hanging brain."

The show has certainly not been friendly to Trump or his 2016 campaign, but they’ve taken it to a new low with petty, unoriginal insults. Thanks for not even trying to keep it classy, Mr. Robot. It makes my job of calling you out so much easier."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/lindsay-kornick/2017/11/16/usas-mr-robot-takes-cheap-shots-against-trump-latest

------

I had to LOL at that article, too... the "outrage" of that RW biased newsbusters.org article's writer that was upset that a joke about Trump was not "classy"? When was "classy" ever part of Trump's tacky world?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Aha! I googled "tennis shorts photo" and I think I know what you were referring to now....Trump's tighty whitey panty line showing through his tight shorts on the tennis court?

I had thought you were just referring to some photo on that Mr Robot episode that I must've overlooked. I never saw that embarrassing tennis court photo until a few minutes ago.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's the photo! I got that it was Trump, I just didn't know if there was an actual (horrific) photo of him in speedos out there or something, and they were referring to that with the hanging brain comment.

That site did not like Mr Robot!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"That site did not like Mr Robot!"

True...they hate everything that's not in lockstep with the ultra RW agenda. That ridiculous "outrage" was the funniest thing about this whole thing to me. <SMH>

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's a scene after the credits in tonight's finale...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I got a bit lost on this over a couple of seasons that didn't really make sense, but we have watched the entire final season over the last few days, with the final four episodes today.

This season went back to the original themes of Elliot, and explained everything (or everything I need to know). If anyone had given up on it, it might be worth sticking it out, just for the end.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: