TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Zoo (on CBS): Archive through July 08, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought this was going to be a movie, but now I see it is going to be a series. I am sure everyone has seen the commercials, not sure how many may have read the book.

I read the book, James Patterson wrote it, I think with a co-author, can't remember, but I as I said in the movie thread, this was the scariest book I had read in a while.

Very interesting but really scared the crap out of me, I think because it seemed like it has a pretty good basis for someday happening. Anyway figured I would start a thread since I keep seeing a bunch of commercials. And they freak me out everytime!!

Treasure

06-26-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Hope someone posts on the day that it airs. I tend to forget when the new ones come on. I am intrigued by the commercials.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've read the book. Without giving away any spoilers there is no resolution in the book, and I was very suspicious (and disappointed) when I got to the supposed end and even joked to my hubby that he'd sold the book for a tv series. Turns out that's exactly what he did.

The story was pretty scary stuff because you do think, a bit like Planet of the Apes, that just maybe it could happen.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
The book was easily the worst book I have ever read (I wrote my thoughts in the Library thread a few months ago). But even so, the movies or shows seldom follow the books to the letter, so I may give this a chance.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I thought the book had a great premise. But was very disappointed in the 2nd half. Just got stupid.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ACCKKK!! It happened, LOL, not really but did you hear about all the animals that escaped the Zoo in Georgia (the country, formerly in Russia). I thought of this show immediately.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Zoo ‏@ZooCBS · 51m51 minutes ago
An escaped gorilla spotted at @SantaMonicaPier...the animal uprising begins June 30! http://ow.ly/OKWY2 #ZooCBS

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight!! Let me know how scary it ends up being.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it was scary. A bit gory, definitely. Not sure if I liked it or not, but it's bugging me because I can't remember where I've seen the actor that plays the animal pathologist before... he's so familiar.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, he was in the discontinued tv show Revolution.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Dang! I missed it! I had my computer shut down because of the monsoon storm and didn't see your reminder, Dipo. LOL I need to remember to watch it next week. Maybe they will do a repeat before then?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It repeats here on Saturday (or was it Sunday? closed the guide too soon) at 9pm. Anyway, look for it this weekend.

The safari stuff with the lions was so tense in the book, but not so much here. I thought it was a bit blah, but will keep watching in the hope it improves.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, Kitt, I might watch and see how they do it. I was really enjoying the book and then things changed, LOL, and it freaked me out. I started looking at my cats sideways, hahahahahaha

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
most of the show was boring, but they got me with the cat tree, I want to see what happens with it.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Agree with Sadiesmom...... I knew the rest was a set up......

I have it on TIVO Do the cats go after the kids??

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was hoping the animal pathologist was going shine his flashlight towards the cat tree so we'd hundreds eyes reflecting the glow and lighting it up like a christmas tree.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, that animal pathologist is Billy Burke. He was also Bella Swan's sheriff dad in the Twilight Series.

We watched it. It was pretty tense. I started looking at my dogs sideways about halfway through, too.

Driving me crazy where I've seen the actor who we thought got eaten by the lions, but then got pulled up into the tree at the end--still alive! I know I've seen him before. Gotta go find out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, he is Nonso Anozie. He played Dracula's manservant on the show Dracula. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1996829/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I never saw Twilight... I know, hopelessly clueless.

I do remebmer him from Revolution, that's where I saw (and liked) him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Billy Burke is a busy guy. He also plays Phillip Stroh, evil serial killer/rapist who has been trying to kill Rusty on both The Closer and its spinoff, Major Crimes. He escaped from custody at the end of last season on MC which means his story arc is ongoing...so he'll likely show up again.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Having just read the book this past week, I too thougt the safari scene was not as tense as in the book. Then again, if they had started out with the kind of gore of what happened to the people in that safari tour bus, many may have tuned out after the first night on tv.

I enjoyed the book for what it was - a Patterson/co-author summer time beach read. There were lots of small changes in the tv version but it remains to be seen if that will help or hurt.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
BabyJaxMom, until dogs get thumbs and can open the refrigerator, they will be dependent on us, they are not stupid, they know where their meat comes from. My dog has a very bad sweet tooth, as well, she cannot bake herself. And then there is her love for Dog Ice Cream, she sees it come out of the fridge, but I don't think she knows where she can buy it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok, ok, so the cats went how when they heard the woman call the animal squad - "Cheez it, the fuzz!"or maybe they just talked over "the plans" enough? Now to get the children? I do admit to falling out of my chair laughing when the mother/doctor and son/hunter were talking in the beginning and when she called him to tell him about the leg artery.
Now the mother/doctor thought the lions cut the leg arteries so the pain would be worse? I thought they cut leg muscles as well so they could not run. Who is smarter? the doctor or the lions?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol Sadiesmom!

I'm going to try and stick with this but I'm already liking the way the book handled some things over the show. This would have been so much better as a four part mini series then to add in characters and drag out certain parts in order to make it go 13 episodes.

One new character - the animal pathologist in LA ~ just bugs the heck out of me. I realize they want him to be anti-social but it feels more like the actor just doesn't want to be there.

And then there's the mysterious character who shows up on Chloe's doorstep in France and expects her to agree in a matter of minutes to leave her life and hop in a car with total strangers.

I'll hang in there but don't know if I'll last thru the entire thing. I'm going to wait until the end to discuss the differences from the book as it doesn't serve any purpose to do so now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We gave up already.