TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Wayward Pines on FOX: Archive through June 28, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I put a spoiler tag around this, but it's not really much of a spoiler. It tells what questions will be answered in the next episode, but not the actual answers.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
FWIW, the next episode is supposed to reveal more of why they don't tell the adults and explains how the town was built. I don't know the answers to that, only that the producer said that the next episode would reveal those things.
:-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Pamy, but *I* hope I'm totally wrong! I love being surprised watching shows like this! :-)

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
I don't quite get it, but that's partly why I'm hooked. Teacher Megan is much more persuasive than scary nurse Pam. It seems like Millennial fantasy... we have to rely on them to secure the fate of the human race, only they are about 2000 years ahead of the rest of us. We already have to listen to just about everyone in real life about how important and super special Millenials are. Oops. Showing my Gen X badge. :-)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The 2000 year sleep story does not hold up. How did the Sheriff go back in time to collect the Burkes? How did the nurse go back in time to collect the Realtor? Why collect adults without children? Why collect the other FBI agent and give her a job at the toy store? Back in the 2014s the doctor knew exactly who to collect, how to get them, and how to store thousands of people just to be able to wake them (and himself) up at the right time?

So that leads my brain to think about time travel (pretty advanced technology) or and the history lesson is not all truth.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling this will end like Lost,,,lots of unanswered questions

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The 2000 year sleep story does not hold up. How did the Sheriff go back in time to collect the Burkes?"

I have issues with the 2000 years sleep story, too, but there are logical answers to those particular questions which actually support the Big Nap Story.

A friend of mine thinks that those scenes of the Sheriff and Pam in 2014 were simply flashbacks, edited in a way so that they just appeared to be happening concurrently with the goings on in the town of Wayward Pines. They also showed the doctor in 2014 and in Wayward Pines, which also could have just been a flashback. They may have decided to grab Theresa and son, Ben, because they were out looking for Ethan and they knew his family was never going to give up, so they were put in the ice box, too. :-)

"How did the nurse go back in time to collect the Realtor?"

Maybe Pam was actually collected as a young woman at the same time they nabbed the realtor. The realtor said when he woke up in Wayward Pines, Pam was much older than she was when he met her in the bar "the night before". I think they must've collected both of them at the same time, "froze" them (or whatever) but they just woke up Pam 15-20 years before they woke up the realtor. When the realtor saw her, she was a lot older and she had already been indoctrinated into the program for a decade or more...but for the realtor, it felt like he had just met her the night before.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought in the description to the kids they said people first started roaming the area, starting to build the place 14 years ago. Say Nurse Ratchett was kind of an army medic for them, she would still have only been in the future 14 years. Isn't she 60ish now? She looked 30ish when in bed with the (dead) realtor. That's too long a time gap.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
According to Imdb Nurse Pam is 55 in real life (and looks fantastic in some recent photos, not ratchetty at all!) but I can't find the actress who played young Pam (Denise). Perhaps the real Pam did it with make up and effects. Maybe the years work after all.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought they never really showed a good shot of Pam's face in the flashback to the night the realtor met her. I remember seeing a lot of the back of her head and her long thick hair, but her face was never clearly visible until he woke up in Wayward Pines and saw her much older. I guess I could've glanced away for a second and missed it but I just figured they didn't show her young face very clearly on purpose so we'd be surprised when we learned who it was.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think I just assumed she was a similar age to (or a bit younger than) Justin Kirk because that's usually the way it works on tv. Although looking up Justin Kirk he's 45 so my estimate was way low. She could have had an appropriate growth, having been taken at 45 and grown to 58 or so in the last 12-14 years in the new time.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I went back and re-watched that scene of Realtor guy meeting "Denise" at the bar....they never even showed a tiny glimpse of her face. It was ALL back-of-the-head shots until Realtor guy woke up in WP and older Pam turned around and looked at him.

----

edited to add - Oh yeah...and when I saw Pam's face when she turned around and looked at Realtor guy, she looked younger than I remembered her in that scene. I think Realtor guy had figured he'd been there about 8 years(?) so at that moment Pam would have been that much younger than we see her now.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This show is based on books, yes, so I assume the books came to some kind of reasonable conclusion. I'm hoping I'm not deluding myself in thinking the show will too?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The producer, in interviews, has said it will be resolved in the tenth episode.

That said, he also says there are certainly ways they could do more shows, building on the first ten episodes.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Heads up! NO new episode tonight!....we have another week to wait.:-(

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Nooooooo......

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What?!?!?!?

Thanks though Sanfran for letting us know.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Whatever makeup they used to make evil Nurse Pam look 15 years younger in last night's episode, I want some. Wow!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think she was digitally enhanced, if you freeze frame you can see her skin looks like photoshop airbrush. They did a good job though

Im kinda bored with this show

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, digitally enhanced.

I'm not sure I'm bored with it yet, but I'm not fully excited about it any more.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm having trouble buying the notion that a giant underground warehouse full of supplies could last 2,000 years and still be like new.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The logistics don't bother me as much as the idea that the "first wave" all killed themselves, so that's their rationale for not telling the "second wave" of adults about the truth of where/when they are.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, I had the same issues with the book, but if you can put those doubts aside, it's still a fun story. Makes you think about what it would be like to live 2000 years in the future in a town of the last surviving humans on earth.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, both are troubling to me. The supplies are like new. I can't even keep a pint of ice cream in my freezer for a month without it crystalizing. How'd they do it? LOL.

And yes, all the adults killing themselves instead of just trying to live. IS their life that bad? They are in a little town with other people, pioneers. The human spirit to survive is stronger than that I believe. That notion goes against human nature imo.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Brenda, I can suspend belief for the materials and building the town... not so easy to believe that the *entire* first wave committed suicide, children and all. Kind of ruined it for me.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What a disappointment, the more I watch of this show the more I see it's too 'idiotic' to waste more of time watching it... this is another one that bites the dust for me.