TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Murder in the First on TNT: Archive through June 23, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Check TNT, they may have the old episodes up. I wonder if they will do a marathon on Monday, they have done that with Major Crimes in the past.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Scooterific, I checked, they have 5 episodes of the first season here. http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/murder-in-the-first.html?sr=what_is_murder_in_the_first_on

Looks like it is the last 5 and they are expiring in 4 days.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
yea!!!!

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Hulu plus has the first season. I am very excited to watch tonight, how did I miss this thread?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I missed last night but they are repeating again tonight. Whew, as I really enjoyed the first season.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, it was fabulous OG! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I was afraid it wasn't going to be as good as the last season and I was wrong, its' going to be amazing.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i was on the edge of my seat!! i didn't see the last 20 minutes because i was so tired, i couldn't focus. I wasn't even going to watch at all but the first 10 minutes sucked me in.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Texannie, the beginning was pretty dramatic! I loved it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
last nites ep was better than any episode from season 1!!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the first episode BUT... I liked the format from the first season where we didn't know "who did it" until the end of the season.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH MY, I guess a little sex will relax you and wake you up!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is this the lighthouse at Point Reyes? I don't know where there are any other lighthouses close to the bay area.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Dipo...

Point Bonita Lighthouse is a lighthouse located at Point Bonita at the San Francisco Bay entrance in the Marin Headlands near Sausalito, California. Point Bonita was the last manned lighthouse on the California coast.

<snip>

more at link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Bonita_Lighthouse

---------------

"Bonita" is Spanish for "pretty". The kid was referring to the Point Bonita lighthouse every time he said "beautiful point"

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here's the location of Point Bonita Lighthouse:

point bonita lighthouse

From google maps (screwy looking link, but it works!):

(Zoom out to see it in context to SF)

+Sausalito,+CA+94965/@37.815591,-122.5295643,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808585fdbd694e49:0xf3cd0c79c28533b8,LINK to google maps

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I don't think I have ever known that was over there, and I lived in MArin for a while, LOL.

Now I may have to see if I can visit it, it looked so beautiful out there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, well it is only open from 12:30 to 3:30 on SAt, Sun, Mon, but it looks worthy of a field trip.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I didn't know about it until I looked it up! They used the name "Point Bonita" in this episode and I looked it up to see if it was a real place. That's when I first learned there was a lighthouse right on the other side of the GG Bridge!

It's weird that I never saw it...I have walked across that bridge, and I never noticed it. Of course, I was probably looking at the city of SF on that excursion more than towards the ocean side.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this second ep was awful!!! that sex scene was just ridiculous and this ep was boring....how can they go from the first ep edge of your seat to this!?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was laughing at the notion that they would totally strip to have a quickie in the file room in the middle of a work day!

It made that scene come across as completely gratuitous because it was so silly.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That was pretty funny and didn't fit at all.

I think someone just wanted to see Taye get nakey, LOL.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and didnt he get it on with his blonde partner last year? more I think about this ep the more it pisses me off

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 3:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
... and I thought I was the only one who that that scene was ridiculous.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm a little late to the party here, but I just had to share that my ex-hubby was the last Officer in Charge at the Point Bonita Light. He was stationed there from about May 1980 till the Coast Guard decommissioned it in Spring 1981. It was national news at the time. The Coast Guard had four houses at the station (a little inland from the light). Big 4-bedroom, hardwood floors overlooking the Golden Gate channel. They wouldn't let us move in while he was stationed there, cause he was only going to be there a short time. What a place to live that would have been!

As it was, I visited several times while he was working there. We took friends and family members to tour the light. What a beautiful place! I still have newspaper clippings from when the light was decommissioned and handed over to the Park Service.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cool, BJM, did they set the houses up to rent as B&B's or something. I didn't see anything about them on the website I found. It would be a shame if they went to waste.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure the houses are being used as housing for the Park Service employees stationed in the Marin Headlands (lucky families!). That whole area is part of Golden Gate National Monument, which is part of the National Park Service. There are a lot of old barracks left out there from WWII, but I think they're so old most of them are abandoned. It's such a beautiful area. Also the roads along the Bay are great make out spots for the single folks (fond memories from my single days).