TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Zoo (on CBS)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Zoo (on CBS) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 08, 2015Babyjaxmom25 07-08-15  2:37 pm
Archive through July 25, 2015Sadiesmom25 07-25-15  11:05 am
Archive through August 19, 2015Sanfranjoshfan25 08-19-15  11:39 am
Archive through September 05, 2015Happymom25 09-05-15  11:09 am
Archive through September 07, 2016Kappy25 09-07-16  6:45 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Watched the season premiere this morning. I wonder if they had this plot planned from day one or making changes to improve viewership as they go along.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Gee, I hope next season we'll see some some flying alligators or lizard cats. :-)"

Well, dang...no lizard cats, but they did have a "Mammothoceros"! :-)

(I read in TV Guide or somewhere that the premiere had a new mutant was a genetic hybrid of a Woolly Mammoth and a Rhinoceros)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I wonder if they had this plot planned from day one or making changes to improve viewership as they go along."

It feels to me like they're making it up as they go along....but I'm not really sure that it's an improvement. In fact, I'm starting to worry that they are "Under-the-Dome-ing" it.

Zoo started out as great fun but by the end of the second season it had gotten weirdly complicated with a lot of military trying to control everything, pigeons that sterilized the world's population and weird super-human-like hybrids along with weird super strong animal hybrids.

Now season 3 starts 10 years later with a divided country that built a "Great Wall" of some kind and now the main character can control wild lions with his mind? And this was only episode one of the new season! I am imagining it will get more and more complicated and bizarre rather than just being exciting and suspenseful.

One interesting thing is that if no one is having any kids since "the great pigeon flyover" that means there are no kids younger than 9-10 years old (the ones from mothers who were already pregnant before the pigeons were released.)

That must've hit the Crayola and diaper industries really hard!

I still enjoy it even though they're so fast and loose with things that could very easily be more realistic, it's often unintentionally hilarious. I had to LOL when they were reviving Mitch. They found him underwater in suspended animation wearing just a pair of what appeared to be Bermuda shorts (and I think they were in Siberia!). That was funny to me but then they cut the power and he woke up in the tank and then lost consciousness from drowning...so they broke the glass tank to save him. Then, he was lying on the floor in the huge puddle of water from the smashed tank he had been in. They didn't even try to revive him like they would have with any other drowning victim. No chest compressions, mouth to mouth, or even just turning his head to the side to help the water drain from his lungs. Then they said he was in de-fib and shocked him while he was still in the puddle of water. They yelled "Clear!" while they were standing in the same huge puddle that Mitch was lying in! Yeah, the medical/military guys probably had rubber soles, but still, their shoes were wet and so were their pants' legs because they had been kneeling in that water...it was all just so unprofessional and ridiculous I was laughing.

It's still a fun show but sometimes my eyes get tired from too much rolling. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My DD is specializing in biology (she is starting University this year) and we love this show. It's great entertainment because it's pretty darn funny for anyone with even a modicum of science knowledge!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Crap.....60 foot snake!!!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Holy Crap.....60 foot snake!!!!"

Dipo, are you referring to this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igb03s_ckzE

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, no, but OMG, that too. I just heard a commercial for zoo and they said, we are hearing of a 60 foot snake.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"LOL, no, but OMG"

:-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they had to steal from sharknado - bad timing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 29, 2018 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There is an hour long live special airing during the hour before the Super Bowl starts. It says it's a special look at the upcoming season 2.

(On Animal Planet channel)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 29, 2018 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought this was cancelled. guess not.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 29, 2018 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dammit, I thought I posted in "The Zoo" thread. Yes, this show was cancelled, but not the behind the scenes at the zoo show on Animal Planet.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: