TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Whispers

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Whispers users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 15, 2015Sanfranjoshfan25 06-15-15  2:23 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
See what I mean? Just cannot remember that name! And "wayward" doesn't make any sense either. How can pines be wayward?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's a spoiler for the show that we all missed, the pines are just going around doing their own thing, and we thought it was the people ;).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wilful, disobedient, socially unacceptable pines, going in the wrong direction.. LOL.. had to look up wayward.

Now I might watch it if if it was about such rogue pines!!

And for this show they could be Whispering Pines..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
off topic:

Maybe "Pines" in "Wayward Pines" refers to:

pine
verb [ intrans. ]
suffer a mental and physical decline, esp. because of a broken heart : she thinks I am pining away from love.

So maybe the title means:

Wilful, disobedient, socially unacceptable suffering from a mental and physical decline....instead of "disobedient trees".

It kinda/sorta fits.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I might enjoy the weird trees more than the weirded out kids on Whispers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'd better start getting some answers from this show soon, or I'm going to lose patience. It's pretty engaging (DH is amazed by the child actors), but I need some answers!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone else still watching this? I read this in my TV Weekly - "tonight is the season finale....and did you notice we don't say the series finale?"

So I assume it's coming back next summer. It's actually gotten better.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling it's going to be cancelled. Apparently the options for the main cast were not renewed at the deadline (but that may not be unusual, I don't know), and with the ratings slipping if they were going to renew I'd have thought they'd have done it by now, to give more reason to see tonight's finale. I'm kind of expecting a cancellation announcement within the next week. Although I've actually enjoyed the show and wouldn't mind it coming back.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like my TV Weekly jumped the gun!:-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching, but only half-heartedly. They canceled Forever, which was a great show and it had double the ratings.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching. I enjoy it.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching and enjoying it too. Hopefully it isn't cancelled,

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Damn. What a great cliffhanger! Too bad the show didn't get this good a lot earlier in the season. It had a spectacular finale with a very surprising twist and a super suspenseful cliffhanger...but it's low ratings may mean this was the end of it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Very unexpected. I do hope they give it another season, but maybe something fixed, like another 13 episodes to finish it. It has the potential to be good or the potential to get lost. You just never know!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So they lost?
I am sure not all the children were taken, just the altered Drill children. vsand look at this, they just solved the "anchor baby" problem as there is now room for some more!
Please don't take offense, I was just tempted by my evil sense of humor.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Sort of glad this is over and sort of hoping it won't be renewed. If it is, I will probably have to watch, sigh. It had so many ridiculously unbelievable moments. Not that I know better what an alien visitation would look like, but really? The aliens are smart enough to train their blue laser beams down to earth to only pick up the kids in designated spots, and Claire manages to substitute herself for Henry. Wouldn't they have some super alien alarm going "30 something adult female, abort, abort!" Plus, she had like several seconds to just freaking jump out of the way, and she just stood there. I'm sort of embarrassed that aliens might see this show and think this is how real humans act.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 07, 2015 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I'm sort of embarrassed that aliens might see this show and think this is how real humans act.

If there is an award for funniest line on TVCH, this should get it. Very true, but very funny.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 1:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Lol, What Mamabatsy said.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Season 2 was not to be.... it's been cancelled.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: