TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Bold and the Beautiful: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 09, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ohhh, good one Cathie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's a good thought, Cathie. I'm still shocked at this development.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
well that WAS unexpected! Kudos to BnB for actually doing something out of the norm!

Oh yeah, the baby! She was definitely the mother, the father was that guy who was trying to blackmail her when she first came on BnB.

She looked so aghast that it seemed like it was true, is she just going to say "don't be crazy" on Monday (yes Monday, sports Thurs and Fri)?

Or is it something a little more complicated like she was born with both sets of organs, the parents chose her to be a boy but she felt she was a girl so took that form. That would mean she could have a womb.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Today CBS is taking credit for currently being the only TV show to have a transgender character as a cast regular. So I guess it's true. Maya was born a boy.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Im sorry, I had to laugh when she said "Brother".
I thought they were pulling our leg. Too manythings don't fit to make that a possibility.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, when did Maya have a husband, I must not have been watching then.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
She never had a husband while on the show. But after she broke up with Rick the first time, she was engaged to Carter for quite awhile. But they never actually got married.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm. I thought Rick said that she broke up with him because her husband was blackmailing her. Maybe I heard that wrong.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
he was talking to Katie, and it was her (Katie's) husband, i.e. Bill, who was trying to blackmail Maya.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, thank you, I did misunderstand.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So there we go... the baby was her boyfriend's, Maya became the guardian, then the kid died in a car accident.

Which skates over what they told us before, about Maya having to give the child up as a baby (so how long did she really have to bond with it, did the baby mama give it up to the (presumably) ex-boyfriend the instant it was born?) when she went to prison. Was the boyfriend just not capable of looking after his son by himself? Or maybe he was in prison too, I can't remember.

Hard to believe Maya and Rick hadn't had the "do you want babies?" conversation before now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Agree Kitt. The new story doesn't quite fit the old story.

I find this very interesting. I am curious whether the story is her RL journey or one pulled together from many people. And I always find it hard to believe young people are so unaccepting, like her sister, since I have found that most young people are a lot more into letting everyone be who they are. I guess I should say, they are -- after they get out of high school and become normal people. LOL.

You would have thought they talked about babies before this. They sure are setting Rick up for a fall with how much he is putting Maya on the pedestal of perfection.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another thing about the pedestal of perfection, I thought when Rick got back with Maya he was basically using her to get back at Caroline, knowing all the psycho stuff Maya had done. Now it seems like she's the one true love of his life... yet no baby conversation yet. It all seems so forced.

Yes, very hard to believe the sister isn't more understanding, particularly as she didn't even know Maya when she was a boy, so there's no real adapting to do. I think they said the parents are very religious, so that might be what it is.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I once read that on soap operas, it isn't when a secret gets revealed to the audience that draws us in....It's waiting for the secret to be revealed to the other characters that pulls us in. And Maya's secret sure is a good example of that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Naja, I think that must depend on the secret because I am really bored with the storyline waiting for Luke's secret on GH, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's exactly what I mean, Dipo. You are getting bored waiting to find out the secret yourself. It's more fun anticipating the other characters finding out the secret after you already know. Wondering about their reactions.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I guess Wyatt is as crazy as his Mom. Can't keep his nose in his own business.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, way to go, telling your certifiably crazy mother that her fiance wants to leave her while she's holding a freshly sharpened sword...

Did she actually stab Brooke? It looked like she did.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am going to guess it was a daydream. It's just too out there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pretty nice misdirection with the letter opener, but it does put a nice sharp weapon on the scene.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The actress that plays Maya is going to be on "The Talk" on Tuesday.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm glad they're getting some good discussion out of it, I just wish they hadn't changed the story on us. I'm sure Jesse (who now seems to be a nice guy who helped her) was something to do with the reason she was in prison, and also blackmailed her or something??? I can't really remember. Not to mention the issue with Daisy and the baby. Oh well, guess we have to get over it!

I think if Carter was dating Maya for all those months and didn't realise she was born a man then he shouldn't really have a problem with it now he knows. Although I think it would probably be better in the long run (because of the trust between them) if Rick knew Maya's history all he really needs to know is that she can't have children, as he's thinking of marrying her and having a family.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Notice no love scenes with Rick and Maya since the official reveal?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I hadn't noticed that, probably didn't fall into the storyline yet. I noticed they started kissing in the office today.

Also I am confused, why do they need to offer Brooke another job? I thought she was co-vice president of something, then got loaned to Rome and is back. I was wondering why she wasn't expected to go back to work at her job.

Did they just take away her job when she went to the other office, that isn't how it works. These writers need a corporate business consultant so they don't get some of this stuff so wrong.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, so she was still the co-VP, just didn't feel the need to come to work and stayed home to drink.