TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 23, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through April 23, 2015 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Jake? Noooooo Nooooo Nooooo.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i really hate the Papa story line.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Someone really needs to do away with Papa Pope. I hate that Jake's been killed....that ruins the show for me :-(

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
There must always be a villian and Papa Pope is the worst kind. I want Huck and Quinn to do him in...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
So Olivia's team cleaned up the murder of the mayor's wife and got rid of the body. Then the mayor's opponent decided to "do the right thing" and told the truth to the authorities.

Uh...didn't the authorities ask him where the body was? How could he tell the cops that he witnessed a cold blooded murder without "outing" Olivia's White Hat Posse as being guilty of destroying evidence, covering up a murder, and illegally removing and disposing of the dead body of the mayor's murdered wife?

"Doing the right thing" should have resulted in more dire consequences for those who covered up the crime than the one guy who simply witnessed it.

Oh yeah...and I am sick to death of hearing them refer to themselves as being the ones that are "wearing the white hates"! Yeah, white hats covered in blood stains, maybe... They have ALL either committed murders or covered up murders up or allowed murderers to go free to satisfy their own personal political agendas.

They need to have an actual "GOOD GUY" in this show....not just bad guys who are implicated in murders but still think they're the good guys. All they have now are bad guys and badder guys.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Yes!!! And a couple more, why would be the candidate pick a few days before the election to have his wife killed? Even if he didn't get pinned for it, the spouse is always the first suspect which would probably cost him the election while they sort it out. And why wouldn't Olivia just hustle the guy out of the house and erase any trace of him being there but leave the body? There was obviously evidence of 3 killers. The whole story was sloppy and I so agree .... At best we have a few badly stained beige hats.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
As far as not saying who or how they got rid of the body, he could have told them that he left as soon as the killers did!
I'm still liking this show, but not as much as I did before.......not yet totally turned off.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
This show hasn't held my interest very much this season. I tend to watch some of it as it airs, dvr the rest and sometimes delete from the dvr without watching.
I did watch all of this week's show and the killing off of Jake has probably killed the show off of my watch list.
Find I don't like any of the characters anymore. Wish they had killed Huck instead. I am so sick of his twisted, psychopathic character and it makes my skin crawl every time I see him with Quinn after he tortured her and ripped her teeth out!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It was way too easy for Huckster and Quinn to dismember that body.....

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I know I watched the show.......Jake was killed? How come I don't remember that. Maybe I dozed off and thought I watched the whole show - happens a lot lately.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It happened near the very end.

This is not the show to watch if you are looking for any realism. It's all image.

I agree that there are almost no characters left to remotely like or cheer for. I guess David and Mellie are it for me and maybe Abby. The rest are awful.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I am also very sick of Papa Pope. And I hate that Olivia stands there and listens to his sanctimonious crap. She needs to not let him in her house any more.

Ya, I'm not as into this show this season. Seems like it is getting way too convoluted.

Why don't I remember Jake getting killed off too? I may have to go back and re-watch the end of the show. Someone needs to off Papa Pope.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Jake didn't get killed in this episode, it was showing previews for next weeks episode where you see him get killed.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's interesting. I was sure that was a part of this week's episode and then they showed previews of the reaction to his death.

(Not that anyone has asked but, in the event the question comes up, official previews for future episodes are not considered spoilers.)

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
they showed Jake being stabbed at the end of Thursday's episode- it was the last scene (by the guy that Olivia was sleeping with)

"I fed the pigeon" hahaha!!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with Jimmer. He was stabbed several times and lying in a pool of blood at the end of this episode. Since Jimmer said previews are not considered spoilers, I'll continue....

The previews for next week showed the reaction, Jake lying on a morgue, or some other type of slab table and the others reactions. The preview even showed Olivia saying Papa Pope was going to be coming for each of them just to get back at her for going against him.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
He's laying on Pope & Associates conference table I believe.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Tvwatcher, now when you say it I do recall it that wsy. Jake stabbed, then preview witj their reaction.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm still not convinced that Jake is dead though I'm not sure how they're going to have him survive.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm 100% convinced Jake is really dead.....there were way too many knife stabs to his chest and abdomen for him to survive without immediate medical attention. (Come to think of it, logic doesn't mean much on a crazy show like this one!)

In any case, Scandal has killed off favorite characters before...like when Jake murdered Cyrus's husband, the reporter. It's only fair that Jake gets murdered in return. There are still no actual "good guys" on Scandal so, in my book, any character that gets killed deserved it for one reason or another.

I'm ready for Olivia's daddy to bite the dust...villains who always get away with all of their evil deeds just get boring after awhile. He needs to be put down and Olivia should be the one to do it....just so we can see the look of surprise on his face as he takes his last breath.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
He needs to be put down and Olivia should be the one to do it....just so we can see the look of surprise on his face as he takes his last breath.

josh, that would be the best!!!

i think he is dead too

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Yup, Olivia needs to off her Daddy. That would be the best!!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
With any other show I would be convinced by the same reasoning as Sanfran. I can't see how he could survive. On this show, logic often flies out the window though.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You're probably right, Jimmer, but I hope you aren't!

I really NEED to see some of the bad guys die on this show....it's been mostly good guys who die on this crazy series....like Verna, the Supreme Court Justice who Fitz murdered, James who Jake murdered, and Fitz's son who was murdered by...was it that Secret Service guy? Not to mention that whole airplane full of civilians that were also murdered by Fitz...oh yeah and everyone who's dying is the war he started to save Olivia.

This show is still exciting to me, but I was surprised that I didn't feel any sense of loss at all when when we saw what was apparently the death of Jake. At this point, I think I'd only feel sad if Huck's wife and son were killed. I'd be fine with all the rest of them feeding the fishes at the bottom of the Potomac.

I've never watched a show where it wouldn't bother me at all if all the main characters died. This show messes with my head.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
well, alrighty!