TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through February 20, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
:-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
while, it's gripping...why can't the show just go back to dealing with Scandals um...like the name of the show. i am tired of this story line already

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
saw that coming....Leroy Jethro Gibbs did the same thing on NCIS. not sure i will make a point to watch.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
This needs to get where it's going FAST. I was not enamored of watching Liv dirty, sweaty, et al. This whole storyline arc needs to have a purpose or I may change my mind and watch The Blacklist.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I tried to watch, couldn't follow it, wasn't interested at all... turned it off.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
oh gosh...is this back?
I hope my DVR picked it up or hubby is going to kill me.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
It was very dark and not fun. At least to me. I wanted to see what Jake and Fitz were doing, thinking, etc. I did not enjoy this episode. And from the coming attractions, more of the same.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
All I kept thinking was that there must have been cutbacks in the wardrobe budget for the show.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
couldn't follow it - like someone said earlier, I wish they would go back to dealing with scandals - those were interesting - last night's show wasn't

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was kind of an odd show. What is that guy who kidnapped her trying to achieve anyway?

As others have said, there wasn't much "scandal" there at all. It's good for a show to try new things but it's a mistake when it strays too far from what its fans enjoy. They need to get back to the scandals and the political intrigue and away from all the action spy stuff.

Carrly

09-28-2000

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carrly a private message Print Post    
So was the captor she saw outside the prison set her ex-cellmate?? I thought it was odd she was in a cell with a guy. Was the gun she used to kill the guard a fake gun with blanks or did she really kill him?? I am so confused. This show was too graphic and gritty. I miss the usual scandal stuff.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
yes, he was her cell mate.
not sure if it was blanks, but i was really pi$$ed that she through the gun away after killing the guy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I guessed that her cellmate was the bad guy from the second I saw him. I have seen that overused trope in a lot of shows over the years, but the main one that comes to mind right off the bat is that first "Saw" movie. I'm pretty sure it happened in "Alias" and "Criminal Minds" and several other dark TV shows, too. Heck, it showed up on Constantine last Friday....when the one really scared guy/prisoner that kept pleading for help in the other-dimensional-house turned out to be the murderer's son.

Lesson: Never ever trust the prisoner that is already there when you get kidnapped and thrown into a nightmarish scenario.

I was completely surprised that it all took place on a clandestine sound stage somewhere, though.

At first I assumed this was all done by her father, but her captor did say that he learned important information from her when she told him the president/lover/murderer/liar Fitz would be looking for her...so I don't think her father did this - he already knows about her relationship with President Bad Choice.

Maybe Scandal added some kind of super villain that is doing this to Olivia in order to get to her father (AKA Command). Maybe the captor is the head of an organization that works against Command like Kaos vs Control on "Get Smart"!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
so the vice president is behind this??? how can the secret service do what they are doing? i remember something vaguely before Christmas about the VP want a war in Angola, but wasn't really clear then and i am most definitely not clear on it now.....i am so confused.......

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Fell asleep under my nice warm comforter, will watch over the weekend.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Olivia 'gladiatored' herself out of getting saved.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So now the secret service has gone so far as to basically hold the president hostage and not one agent questions it?

And yes, Texannie, I had the same thought at the end.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
We watched these two episodes and are thinking of not watching again until they get back to the way it was. Not liking the new shows at all.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I agree Donsgirl. I actually deleted the last episode without watching and then deleted my DVR timer for it. I also deleted my DVR timer for Grey's Anatomy. I think Shonda has overextended herself and it's showing in the quality of the Thursday night shows. My Thursday is now clear to do other things.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Gurlie, we must be related. I have 15 shows of Greys Anatomy on my PVR that I haven't watched. I never missed a Greys show before last year, but I have totally lost interest, and I no longer have them on my timer. I need to delete the other shows that are on my PVR, not even sure why I'm keeping them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Isn't his presidency almost over? Or are they making his term last longer than real life?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
My first guess is that the winning bid for Olivia was placed by her father. No one on this show has been as powerful or as unstoppable as Daddy Command....and the man does love any chance to wield his power in order to make a point to his little girl.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
well, Olivia finally grew a pair. I hope her obsession with the president is over. Now maybe we can get back to being Gladiators!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Liv's back! I have a feeling Cy will be getting his comeuppance, would be wonderful to see Stephen join the Gladiators. The VP definitely got his....he threatened the wrong person! LOL

Now, let's have less sloppy, wishy-washy, pathetic angst over the Prez and more gladiating (I think I made that word up! LOL)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I guess they're really good at cleaning rugs in the WH. When VP Sally murdered her gay husband, he collapsed on a rug that is exactly like the rug I have in my living room. (The design is called "Adeline" and I got it at Pottery Barn in 2009.) Last night, the new VP had his Huck-induced-stroke on the same rug! (I assume that also took place in the VP's office, too)

Looks like the VP's office is now the place to go if you want to commit murder and/or mayhem in the WH!

I do hope the love connection between Liv and Fitz is now beyond repair....this show needs an actual good guy...not just characters who are good guys in public but who commit very bad deeds in private like all of the main characters do in this show. It was great seeing the VP finally get his Karmic comeuppance!

Looks like Olivia has finally found a line she won't cross. Covering up murders and fixing a presidential election should have been lines she wouldn't cross, but she did. Hopefully, Fitz starting an actual war is the thing that finally forces her to seek separation and redemption.

Of course, this is a Shonda Rimes show, so I really doubt there will be any big changes in the personalities of the main characters. (Her Grey's Anatomy characters have all learned their needed life lessons over, and over, and over,... but they still act like high school kids!)