TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 03, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fashion Police: Archive through March 03, 2015 users admin

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Sorry, my mistake it could have been from the red carpet, which I also think of as a hot mess. I thought hippy when Giuliana said that comment about the hair.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Heard someone comment on the radio here that fashion comments worked when Joan delivered them because she was a comedian. Giuliana IS NOT. All very negative for her. She's not much of anything in the entertainment field.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Tough shoes to fill. Like I said, Joan got away with it because she had been doing it for so long and she was old and as you mentioned because she was a comedian people accepted it as funny. People tended to be more accepting of it from her for those reasons.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Mean girls. That's what I think of when I hear Fashion Police including Joan. But yes, Joan was given a pass because her humor was always about taking stabs at people.

They need to revamp with only REAL fashion people on the show or let the entire thing go.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sure Joan had several negative jokes... but most were not. Joan was a very talented comedian... She honed her craft over decades... she performed the night before she her ill-fated doctor's appt. These yahoos have no comedic experience what so ever (with the exception of Kathie). Leave the jokes to the professionals please.

And please quit trying to make a joke about EVERY look!!! It distracts from the fashion...

I haven't made it through the entire episode yet... but from what I've seen so far I am embarrassed for Guiliana.

These guys just aren't funny...

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I read on TMZ that Kelly Osborne quit the show. She didn't like the way it was going since Joan was gone.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she quit because she is pissed at Guilana's comments about Zendaya.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She didn't do much for me anyway. Such a pretty girl with purple hair.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Giuliana should take better TelePrompTer reading lessons.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Looks like Fashion Police has been cancelled, don't know if it's because of Kelly quitting, or maybe it's a temporary cancellation until they regroup, but for the next 2 weeks I don't see any new show or repeat.

Joan would be appalled at how bad things turned out for the show.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch the show often but to me the show was Joan. The rest was window dressing. Her jokes, her "Joan Rangers" complete with salute-who can top those? I don't think anyone can. I'm not a Kathy Griffin fan so I haven't tuned in and I guess I'm glad I haven't.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Spunky, the show is on a scheduled hiatus until March 30th. I think it's just a break following the hectic awards season. It was in the schedule.

I stopped watching this show when Joan made the comment about Heidi Klum and the Nazis. I don't give Joan a pass because she was Jewish. It was just tasteless and not funny.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I agree Babyjaxmom. A lot of her "jokes" were cringe-worthy.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The woman's mean spirited 'humor' completely escaped me. I always fast forwarded whenever Joan was talking.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never saw any compelling reason to watch it from the beginning.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I heard this morning on KKITM that there is speculation that Kelly's "quitting" was just a gracious way for E to get rid of her for how she publicly handled Guiliana's comments. Regardless of what she thought about her co-host's remarks (and Kelly would have known that it was a joke written by the writers that she read off the teleprompter) apparently her statements were not appreciated by TPTB. Let's face it - Guiliana is one of the main faces of E, not Kelly (although I can't figure out why because Guiliana kind of weirds me out with her anorexically-thin body). I heard that possibly Khloe will replace her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I know a lot of ppl don't like Khole but she's just as good as Kelly.ill be fine with her. I like Guianna but I can understand why her nickname is ghoul-ianna.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I thought I remembered reading that the show was not coming back full-time but instead only for awards season... which ended with last week's Oscar's show... and that they would air episodes for the various events like the Met gala they talk about and possibly the various fashion weeks.

After watching last week's episode I was livid at Guiliana and Kelly for laughing at Brad and the way he pronounced Louis Vuitton... or whatever was the designer he was talking. My 15 year old behaves better than they did... Since this reboot Guiliana has sunk to the lowest of lows in the way she behaves. She acts like a child.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am so glad to see you say that Roxip, Guilianna weirds me out these days as well. I haven't been able to put my finger on it, thought it was just the red lipstick she constantly wears. I have a hard time even watching her on E news.

I keep wondering what is going on with her that has made her change so much. I thought they were going to have another child and cut back on work.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps in Joan's absence the network is putting a lot of pressure on her? She and Ryan Sechrest seem to be the marque performers on "E" and then she also has the pressure of being a parent, a cancer survivor, a reality show star...I know, poor pitiful girl...but I would assume that she does have a lot on her plate.

I don't like her as much on Fashion Police because I do think she has become more harsh. I liked it when she at least tried to calm down Joan's despicable remarks about people (I always found Joan's humor crude and tasteless, although sometimes it made me laugh...but then again so did Pulp Fiction...the kind of laughter you are ashamed of).

Although I liked Kelly I thought she had questionable taste and I got sick of hearing "So and so and I are good friends and I love her" before she commented on the clothes that were being worn. I don't care that you are friends with these people. Your job is critiquing the outfits they wear, not being friends with celebrities.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
No matter how they end their relationship, Joan would be appalled that it came to this. She knew how to keep the group together but they messed it up really bad. I feel sorry for the new chap Brad because he was the only one making the effort to talk about fashion and not just making fun of the fashion and the people involved.

I watched again the Oscar show of FP and tried to see what was the big deal with what Giuliana said, but all I could hear was a reference to 'weed'... how's that racist? Maybe I didn't understand that one.

Kelly leaving is a good thing but she should have found a better excuse for leaving than blaming on Giuliana's comments.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought that was part of the show was to be snarky, why else hire Kathy? I didn't think G said anything racist, she was referring to the earthy types we use to call hippies. I think Kelly spoke out without thinking and quit and probably regrets it. She makes fun of ppl all the time so I don't really understand the sudden self righteousness.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think it was her reference to the hairstyle reminding her of people who smelled like patchouli and weed was, to us mostly white people, not that offensive, but I can see how someone who is not white might take it wrong. It was one of those "inference" things. It was certainly not an appropriate reference to use in association with a young woman who has, as far as I can see, tried to be a positive and affirmative role model for other young women. I actually don't think the remark was aimed at Zendaya personally, but it was certainly not one of FP's finest moments. Of course Joan has said many more offensive things in the past, but I think it was because of Zendaya's age that it got so much attention and was not appropriate.

Hopefully that makes some sense. I think remarks like that affect people from where they came from differently.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
It's all part of the whole everything anyone says has to be perfectly politically correct at all times world we live in. If a celebrity voices a true opinion or thought they're vilified and have to publicly apologize...which everyone knows means nothing and really does nothing to nullify the original comment anyway and only adds another news cycle, which is what it's all about anyway! It's all about getting your name out there and making the news.

Sort of like the whole blue/black or gold/white dress thing last week. Dumb, yet it made a DRESS so popular it made the news on every national news show. Sad commentary on our society.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I thought the whole weed comment was overblown but I agree that Guiliana is different this year . . I like Kathy being on, glad kelly is gone, ok with the new guy although I liked the old guy, but wish they would talk more about fashion and leave it to Kathy to throw in the jokes and trash talk as she does best.

I would much rather see Khloe come in as a replacement than Nene or Amber Rose who I heard were also being considered. Heck I'd love to see Ross on the program. Hope they work it all out.