TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: Archive through March 04, 2015 users admin

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
It's going into re-runs but I only saw it quickly while I was setting up for the next 10 days.
Check your listings.
Also a fan of Doc Martin, Murdoch Mysteries and something about a detective on Paradise island.
Mr.Selfridge will return on the 8th.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Call The Midwife is also returning in a few weeks.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Roteach...Call the Midwife is returning???? Are these new episodes? I am very excited because someone told me that last season was the end...
Love Granchester...and talk about missing an opportunity...sad.
Downton was a great episode for all the reason everyone has listed. And yes Csnog, Edith has done all the growing while Mary has remained stagnant in her growth. I suppose Mary was raised to marry well and Edith was just the middle daughter...

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
According to Wikipedia Grantchester will have a second season.
Yay for the sexy vicar!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yes a new season of Call The Midwife is starting in April I think. I'm bummed that they didn't make a third season of The Paradise.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I'm waiting to see what goes down with Violet & Isobel aka Frick and Frack this week. Who will end up with a "love connection"?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Put the Green death out the door and kick it to the curb. Even the cops said Green did this to several other women.

AMEN!!! I was rolling my eyes when they came and arrested Anna. As if she would hurt anyone! Please, just let it go already!!!

In defense of Mary, she has learned how to manage the estate and has worked with her father and Tom to make some big decisions. She realized she needs to protect her son's inheritance and took steps to do it.

I love that Robert figured out Edith's secret and agreed to let her keep it till she's ready to share it. And that he will love his granddaughter! Very well played, Lord Grantham!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
yes Lord Grantham had a very growing episode.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Omg best episode EVER

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
On our local PBS channel they are doing an after show and they were showing tweets and someone posed the question about how many years may have passed when Season 6 starts. Maybe Tom goes to Boston and then the Depression comes and the car/farm equipment dealership goes bust and he and Sibbie come back to Downton. One can only hope.

I did so love this episode. The proposal was wonderful.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Best ep EVER! :-)

Bicbicz911

08-19-2005

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
Loved the happy ending for the downstairs crew. Made me cry!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Fabulous ending to a wonderful, while short, season. As next season is supposed to be the last I'm waiting impatiently already! I see a DA marathon in my somewhere near future!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think I cried for at leasts the last 15 minutes of the show. I was glad to see Robert admit that Tom had become a part of the family and that he'd always have a home to return to.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
It was a wonderful 2 hours!! I am sad it is finished for this year. And I will be sad to see the Series end. I also cried for the last 15 minutes or show!!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
"Frick & Frack" were wonderful last night. Violet and Isobel have really formed a bond of friendship. Who knew that they'd be this close in Series 1?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wow a quote from a New York Times Arts article for you. "Neither the show’s creator, Julian Fellowes, nor an executive producer, Gareth Neame, has confirmed that the show will run past Season 6. In an interview with The New York Times, Mr. Fellowes said, “It’s not really my decision. I don’t own ‘Downton Abbey’ now. NBC Universal owns ‘Downton Abbey.’ So I could walk away, but I wouldn’t walk away. It’s too much my baby. It won’t go on forever — I’m not a believer in that. But I can’t immediately now tell you where the end will be.”

Interesting. Here's the link to the article http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/03/02/maggie-smith-says-she-will-leave-downton-abbey-after-next-season/?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1409232722000&bicmet=1419773522000&_r=0

Sorry that the link made the board run wide.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wonder if the fact that Julian is doing The Gilded Age on NBC has anything to do with NBC Universal's (part of Comcast)now owning DA. Maybe that also bodes well for the actors when looking for work in the states. They could be given preference for roles on NBC shows or Universal's movies. Maybe there will be a DA experience at Universal Studios Theme Parks? The possibilities are endless.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Wonderful season ending. Mary has a lovely singing voice.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Here's a cute video for Downton fans, and especially for those of us who remember the Petula Clark original version!

Downtown, Downton

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We finally got to watch the show last night off our DVR. Great show! Can't believe this season is over so soon. Ten months to next season....really!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Perhaps the BBC will relent and let us watch it on it's first go round in Britain.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I hope so. We see The Muskateers and Dr. Who within a day of when they are shown in GB. I wish they did the same with Broadchurch. Other countries are either a few episodes in or have finished season 2. With today's tech there's no reason it can't be done. I have to keep away from some DA boards that allow spoilers. Heck, my doctor follows DA. (don't know how we started talking about that) and he hadn't seen the finale so he's even more behind than the rest of us. Possibly PBS is saving shows for the months that determine ratings or are pledge months. The finale of DA just HAPPENED to fall on the first Sunday of March pledging for our PBS station.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I have watched Downton Abbey since the beginning, before everyone found it. I was very disappointed in the finale. I can't believe Tom is leaving for America, but it didn't make me cry. I was expecting to cry.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching the season finale (sniff). DH was in the other room on the computer listening to all the Christmas music. When it ended, he goes, "Do you want me to get the tree down?"

I was hoping both Lady Mary and Lady Edith would have suitors by the end of the season, and maybe Rose would announce that she was pregnant! Glad that Carson and Mrs. Hughes got engaged (finally!). And can we PLEASE drop this awful Mr. Green murder story? Nobody cares anymore. It's just annoying!!!

Dear Mr. Fellowes, I'm sure you would find a plethora of Downton Abbey fans willing to confess to the murder of Mr. Green, if only you would drop this yawn-inducing storyline. Enough already!!!