TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 24, 2015 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Frick and Frack!!!! Love that description Roteach!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Reenie that was the first pair I could think of but we also have Mutt and Jeff and Abbot and Costello.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wonder if we'll now be seeing Pharaoh by Robert's side?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Who's Pharoah?

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Someone said above that Edith couldn't run a newspaper and have a child? I'm not sure how to take that. I run a busy company and have more than one child. I do have a husband but honestly, I do the majority of the care and running the family side of things. Women can do anything that they put their mind to and it would be thoroughly modern for Edith to run the newspaper while having a child. Unfortunately, they have rushed her back to the folds and now won't be running the newspaper. Sad as I thought she was going to get her independence. I'm sure it won't be long before someone picks up on the genetics.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
When Violet told Mary "A lack of compassion can be as vulgar as an excess of tears", I was gleeful!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Pharoah is a second white lab that was in the story at one point I think.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jenjackso, I may have made the comment above that Edith couldn't run a business and raise a child ALONE. I never said she couldn't do both, but that she'd need some help. Meaning someone would have to help her with the baby while she was working. I know many women who raise families and work, but it takes a village when they're small.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I just don't understand why they have to kill off Isis!!!!??? I really don't. What does it do to the story line? Makes me mad!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Regarding the dog Isis, I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the murderous carnage going on the middle east by the terrorist group Isis. Perhaps the writer wants to take that word out of Downton? Just a thought…and the dog was old as the hills anyway.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Just saw a post that said only two more episodes this season. Is that two plus the Christmas special or two including the Christmas special?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That Spratt was a prissy riot when he announced to Violet that his nemesis (Violet's new maid, Denker) had gone the way of the dachshund, proclaiming her "untrainable."

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
As someone noted above, Isis has been around for many years and is old. They have to kill her off to be realistic. And this was taped long before Isis was in the headlines so it's not that at all. Remember, we get this show long after it's originally shown in Great Britan.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loved last night's show. Couldn't believe Barrows did a good deed.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think Thomas just might turn out to have a good side buried under his nastiness. Maybe he remembered what it was to be the underdog and have people pick on him (that's too weak a term I think) and he didn't want it to happen to the new guy. I'm glad that Daisy is staying on but that she knows she has options and I was happy that they found a way to remember Mrs. Patmore's relative. I can't believe next week is the last week of the season. Wonder if it will be a tear jerker. I know I will cry when Tom and Sibby leave. I love the line that Robert had with Cora that for once he had a secret that he couldn't share with anyone and that yes, he could learn to love Marigold. Sorry for the rambling post.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
There are 2 episodes left.
The final and then the Christmas special where they tidy up a bit.
The Christmas special will be when Tom and Sibby take their leave because he told Mary he would stay for Christmas.
I think Thomas had a bulb go off (at least for now) after the Doctor had a talk with him telling him he needed to make peace with himself and live his life normally.
I also think that "Frick and Frack" will carry on no matter what happens, as it's nice to see a storyline where they have the 'older folks' talk of love, be it the past for one and current for another. We aren't just seeing "young" love all the time, and it's been enjoyable.
I won't again, go back into a rant about the Bates story, but....ENOUGH already!
I so enjoy Bates smile...when he smiles at Anna he makes me smile.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
The upcoming episode IS the Christmas episode and the last for this season.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I guess I want more than one episodes now that Anna has been taken to jail.
I'm away this next week and have been setting up the recordings.
Next season will they settle Mary and Edith?
Edith has been unlucky in love, but it was she who learned to drive, work the house during the war, take on a job in London while still allowing Mary to make snide remarks about her. Edith will find her happiness through her work in London, and Mary will find it as she sits back and they come to her.
Mrs. Patmore is moving ahead with her cottage plans...Bates and Anna have plans...Daisy has not only a place to go, she can have a career. Carson is thinking about plans. Mosley and Baxter seem to be coming together.
And heaven forbid.....Put the Green death out the door and kick it to the curb. Even the cops said Green did this to several other women.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Funny,I just saw some pics that purported to be from season 6 and one was of the actors who play Tom and Thomas. Don't know why. Maybe they could have been shots from series 5. The actors were in street clothes and looked as if they were entering some sort of church door but it could have very well been the front door of DA.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Put the Green death out the door and kick it to the curb. Even the cops said Green did this to several other women.

I totally agree CSNOG! Enough already!

This was a good episode. (Except for Anna being arrested!) It was good to see Thomas do a good deed.

It was also good to see Robert do such a good deed for Mrs. Patmore!

I did laugh when Robert said he was happy to finally be privy to a secret in DA!

The costumes worn to Rose's wedding were just beautiful!

Can't believe only one more episode in this season.

I've been watching the series Grantchester, and really enjoying it.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I haven't gotten into Grantchester yet. Maybe I'll catch it when Netflix or another site carries it.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Oh I really like Grantchester.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Love Grantchester.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
love Grantchester. FYI, it was the season finale that just aired.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I was sad to see that was the case. I don't see from IMDb that there is a second season.