TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 25, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fashion Police: Archive through February 25, 2015 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Guiliana was a lot meaner than before IMO.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I cannot stand a woman debasing themself the way Kathy does.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wendy mentioned that she thought Guiliana and Kelly were "throwing shade" at Kathy. I can't imagine Melissa hiring her unless G and K were 100% on board. I thought the new guy had a fun personality.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Will someone, anyone please buy Kelly a Thesaurus?! If I hear her say "It was Perfection" one more time I'm gonna have to throw a brick at my television.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The man was also using it to death.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
They used to be on Friday but now it's on Monday (but with a pvr doesn't really matter, you can watch it the next day or whenever one wants). I may be able to understand the group as it is now on the next show, if I notice again that Giuliana has centre stage and keeps looking at the new chap when she talks and that Kathy is still looking like a guest and Kelly has no longer any spontaneous laugh as she used to do with Joan, well, then I'll know this new show would have displeased Joan and her daughter would have received a nasty tirade from her mother.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Giuliana was always the 'moderator' of the show, so that could make her look like center stage.

i didn't see the show, but i suspect some of the discomfort with kathy (it has always been for me) is that with Joan you knew there was no malice but all for laughs. with kathy, i am just not so sure.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
ok, i got to watch it last night and loved it!
i take back my comment about Kathy making malicious jokes. i found them funny, some did fall flat, but so did Joan's at times.

yes, Giuliana has definitely stepped up the moderator role. i like that Kathy goes first, makes her funny comments and then it goes to the others to break down the fashion. it seemed somewhat nicer and more geared towards the fashion and not the person. there were definitely a lot of inside fashion jokes between them.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
They all seem more at ease with each other, Kathy is getting more 'center stage', however, she always sounds so loud, why is she screaming so much? Sometimes I miss Joan and imagine what would have been her comments to some of the fashion we saw on the show last night, for sure I would have laughed louder, especially commenting on the male model genitalia and the steamed vagina of G Paltrow. The chap is getting better but Kelly's laugh is a bit too forced and Giuliana is actually more relaxing with her tone of voice a bit lower than Kathy.
The fashion, as always, is nice to see, from the perfect to the outrageous... Joan Collins is 81? Wow!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I like Kathy in the show, I think her jokes are better than Joan's. I always admired Joan, she was a strong woman and a spit fire til the end. Sure do miss her.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The more I watch this show the more I miss Joan River. The new chap was the only one I agreed with for the Grammy fashion, usually I agree with Giuliana but she okayed some that I really did not like.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree Spunky... Everything seems forced now... the jokes, the laughs, the fake shock at what someone says... It doesn't seem natural like when Joan ran the show.

Kathie is not a total train wreck... but she has no passion for fashion and therefore shouldn't be running things. Kathie is doing the best she can given she really doesn't know what she's taking about... I was p-o'd last night when she was talking about someone's dress saying that she could have have seen the v-hole... With her it's all about nip-slips and wardrobe malfunctions. Sure Joan sprinkled those jokes in from time to time but she knew what she was talking about in regards to the fashion and the designers.

I wish they didn't feel the need to "replace" Joan... because she's irreplaceable (IMHO). I with they could have kept George. I think the foursome of Guliana, Kelly, Brad, and George would have been really good... sprinkled in with a guest every so often.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Kathy (who I really don't care for) had some really funny lines last night.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So funny Cass Cat, I always thought the old show seemed forced, everyone was always waiting for Joan to make her jokes. I didn't really enjoy the show much then.

I have only caught the new show a couple of times and I really enjoyed it the one time when it seemed that Juliana wasn't so much in charge. She acts really weird when she is in charge.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, last night, the episode on the Oscars, was another proof this group is mismatched. The one who bugs me the most is Kelly, she was better with Joan, only laughing at her jokes when they were really outrageous but last night was nothing but laughing and laughing her head off and not knowing how to seat properly, was she drunk? The only one who brought some sense to the critiques was Brad, I agree with Cass that Brad with George and Giuliana with Kelly (who I think should be replaced anyway) was better than Kathy in the midst. Her voice is a constant scream and I can't laugh at her jokes and those skinny and flabby arms are distracting, I miss those stylish jackets Joan used to wear..
A faux pas by the Oscars, they didn't include Joan in the Memoriam, when she really was a celebrity just like the others.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I felt like so much was missing, I mean I know they cannot cover every celebrity but I miss when they used to have a whole couples segment, etc. Also missed some major fashion highlights!

Kelly bugged me too she uses "perfection" too much, Kathy isn't the worst but I think that even though Joan had some outrageous jokes she truly cared about fashion.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice but one 'perfection' on the show and it wasn't Kelly.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I loved Joan River's humor for the most part but I just never liked her coverage of the red carpets.

I'll never forget Jeremy Irons coming up to her on the red carpet at the Oscars and she kept looking around and asking who he was. It wasn't a joke. He actually had to tell her who he was and then she still had no clue. She basically scooted him off her platform because she didn't want to talk to a 'nobody'.

I love seeing the fashions - it's one of the reasons I watch - but that said, I don't care for the fashion style/sense of anyone on the "Fashion Police" so I've always wondered who are they to make their catty remarks.

Sorry - Sometimes I think "E" and other channels need to hear why some people don't watch them as well as the comments from those who do.

Peace and carry on ~

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Looks like Guiliana Rancic has gotten herself into a bunch of trouble with Zendaya over her "joke" about her hairstyle. Kelly Osbourne is in an uproar because someone attributed the "and weed" comment to her (if you listen to the clip it's definitely Kathy's voice). The problem with this show is they're trying for laughs and barbs instead of critiquing the fashions. They pick up on some obscure factoid about a star and then ride it until it's run into the ground. This is a show that should have died with Joan Rivers.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Exactly!!! Now that Joan is gone cut the comedy act... or move the show to Comedy Central. Or leave the jokes to Kathie... she is, after all, a comedienne.

Joan honed her craft over decades... these people can't believe that they are funny... they're not and it's coming across mean spirited.

The show should focus on the clothes/fashion. Why the Powers That Be felt that the show needed to replace Joan... She should have been replaced with someone who knows and loves fashion.

I'm not saying they can't make a joke here or there... but it is with just about every look. Out of this current cast Brad is really the only one that I want to listen to... he really takes his profession seriously and he's come such a long way from Rachel Zoe's show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't even bother to watch the show anymore. I got tired of the mean-spiritedness of it all. It's no longer about the fashion, but about making mean comments about people. I was very disappointed to hear the comment G made about Zendaya. I'm sure she meant it to be funny, but it came out as racist. I thought Zendaya looked gorgeous. Including the hair.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think some viewers just got used to how mean Joan could be on a regular basis but don't find it as acceptable coming from other people. I never liked it coming from Joan and I don't like it from anyone else.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought it was funny when she said it, but like Guiliana,I was thinking "Hippy Chick" with the dreds.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The whole show is meant to be snarky. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened sooner.
IMO Zendaya looked beautiful.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
They're all snarky now... and really not funny. At least Joan was funny.

The show is just too mean now. I hope there is a reboot... or it needs to go away.