TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 17, 2015 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Only because I'm biased! All they did was insert the word "second" to differentiate it from the original.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I was so excited to see the trailer for that movie on Sunday night. Loved the first and didn't know they were making a second. I can't wait to see it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh, I can't wait. It is one of my all time favorite movies. I love all the wonderful senior British actors in it. What a treasure trove of talent. Thanks, Uncle, for bringing it to light.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Uncle_Ricky, do you know if the first movie is on Netflix or Amazon Prime? We're due for more snow on the weekend and a good movie will make that situation much more palatable.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
You can rent it from Amazon for 2.99

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I have Amazon Prime so I will check that out. Thanks Chieko.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I also can't wait for the second Marigold movie!!

Why does Mary have to be so mean to Edith? Geez Louise!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Why do the parents barely acknowledge Edith - and her pain, while always kissing Mary's bum? Hate that.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm really sick of the who-killed-Green nonsense.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I agree Puzzled. Just tell us who did it and move on to other things.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Roteach, the original is available on Netflix but only to rent via home mail delivery (not via streaming). It looks like you'll be accessing it via AP, though -- hope you like it!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I was just going to search Netflix now. I will check it out on AP. Thanks for the head's up!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just saw the trailer for the 2nd Marigold movie. It will be out around March 1st, but I'll wait until it's on DVD as I don't go to the theater any longer because of a health issue.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
For all of Mary's modern woman act, Edith is the one who's actually doing something more modern and rebellious than just cutting her hair. I hope she turns things around and her independence grows, maybe she can do something cool with whatever business it was she inherited from Gregson. And it's hard to even believe that Cora is Edith's mom, she isn't the least bit comforting or supportive and is always just like Oh poor Edith, like it's just a fact of life that only bad things are going to happen to Edith. She's never been my favorite character but I'm rooting for her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Actually, Melfie1222, Mary did the most scandalous thing of sleeping with a man she wasn't married to and being smart enough to prepare for it beforehand with contraception--a pretty modern and rebellious thing for that age! And responsible, too. "Poor Edith" just kind of floats through life and lets other people tell her what to do. She's got to get some help with Marigold. She can't run a magazine and raise a child all alone.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Oh I totally agree that was modern and smart of Mary... I think I'm just tired of the "Poor Edith" thing and everyone either feeling sorry for her or basically ignoring her. I want her to do something that shows everyone she's not just poor Edith. I'm a middle child too :-)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
The biggest difference between Mary and Edith is that Mary goes out and gets what she wants, while Edith sits waiting for the world to come to her. Mary has embraced the modern age while Edith is stuck, wringing her hands. Edith hides her out of wedlock child, Mary would stride through the front door saying "we're home" and tell them to like it or lump it.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
With Edith taking her daughter and having a business, maybe this is the beginning of the end to "poor Edith"? I really hope so. I would love to see her family finally pay attention to her through her accomplishments instead of what they see as failures.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, I knew they were going to kill off poor old Isis. It was so sweet that Cora wanted Robert to bring her into bed with them, but all I could wonder was whether the poor thing was in pain. I'm glad they didn't make us watch yet another excrutiating death scene. I cried enough just knowing she was dying.

I saw a T-shirt on Facebook a while back that said something like, "I don't care how many people have to die on-screen. Just don't let anything happen to the dog!" That's me to a T. I always worry something's going to happen to the animals.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Well ISIS has to be pretty old since she's been in the family before the Titanic 1912 and where are we supposed to be today?...The latter half of the 20's.
I knew Edith would get her child. Mary would never carry one, but Marygold is part of Gregson that she loved. After all, you MUST remember the family standing at the time.
Mr. Green must have ticked off more than a few other women to knock him off, why stay on the Bates?
I love it when the Bates have those comforting smiles between each other....It's what we fell in love with.
I'm going to miss Tom....maybe he will change his mind.
Lord Merton should know his son's and just gone ahead with his plans. The adult males are snots. Isobel deserves someone who can be as tough and forthought as she is.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I want Isobel to marry Dr. Gregson.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I do too.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Not me. She and Violet are a hoot together, if she marries Gregson she'll go off and Violet will be alone. Besides, I think Isobel is too proud to put up with being treated so poorly. I look for her to break off the engagement in the next episode.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy I see your point. Why break up Frick and Frack? I believe she will break off her engagement soon. Maybe JF will have her wait another year and realize that she and Gregson are right for each other. Together they can expand the cottage hospital so that more people can get health care and she can be important for being Isobel Crawley Gregson and not for being Lady What's Her Name.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
That was one well trained Lab to keep herself so limp when she was being carried.