TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 12, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Forever - Tuesdays on ABC: Archive through February 12, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It was good seeing "Owen" (from Torchwood) again, but I liked him better when he was a good guy instead of the bad guy he is on Forever.

(And I believe they used a different actor's voice for those phone calls.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 12, 2014 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I saw Burn Gorman's name in the opening credits and just knew he would be the bad guy (was kind of shocked and disappointed mid-show when he might have been a good guy)! I'm still rather absurdly attached to him after Torchwood.

The one who wasn't the bad guy caller seemed to have the caller's voice, but even then it seemed dubbed. I think maybe they hadn't cast the caller when they started the calls.

Yes, good point about the clothes. They didn't comment on the watch being wet either, which it wouldn't have been if it had just fallen off his wrist.

Kaysarluvsme

08-06-2005

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
I saw on a website today that this show may be on the cancelled list.It seems like every show I like, goes down the tubes and the programs that I consider trash keep on going.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's definitely in the likely cancelled list :-(. It's such a shame, something a bit unique, with good characters and cast. We've only seen 11 episodes though, and I think they did confirm production of 22, so maybe viewership will pick up.

New episodes start back January 6th.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight they are showing 3 episodes that I have seen before, but they are good so if people are interested they can get a good evening of TV.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Did I mention that I like this show. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another great show! I am really bummed it has been cancelled.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Me too, Dipo. I really liked Tuesday's show as well.
AFAIK, it's not yet been cancelled, however.

I think it's just up against 2 popular series (PofI and Chicago Fire).

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I never watched Chicago Fire and don't know what's PofI and these are popular?

Sorry they're not giving this show a second chance, that other immortal will never get another screen shot if the show will end soon. It seems it was a good way to keep us interested but even the show is letting that story go...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really liked the last show!! I am, however, unhappy that there are no more new shows until Feb 3!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Fingers crossed they don't cancel this. That last episode was touching. I love how they interweave some of Henry's past in. I also love the enthusiasm of Lucas. he's like a big puppy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Person of Interest regularly wins that time slot with Chicago Fire a distant second and Forever just behind CF.

Every show that ABC has placed in that time slot has ended up canceled against those two shows with loyal followings.

The show is great, the time slot is a problem.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
This is one of my favorite shows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So weird, I haven't ever watched those other shows and they don't even interest me. If forever wasn't on, I would watch a cable show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Person of Interest is very popular and it's a good show also. One of my favorites.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Person of Interest as well and I have a certain loyalty/interest in it as it has been on longer. Fortunately, PVR's make it a moot point, though how they factor PVR's and the like into calculating ratings is a whole other issue.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i hope it's not cancelled. I have never cared for either of the two network shows on during that time slot.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love Forever!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I breathed a little sigh of relief when the other immortal (Adam) told Henry he would never touch a hair on Abe's head...

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
me too!!!!!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
They've shown Ioan in so many roles as an immortal, especially the last one as the son appalled at the discovery that his father was involved in the slave trade and you could see him again in his great performance of Wilberforce who fought so hard and won abolition of British slave trade. We've seen him in costumes he wore in his outstanding role as Hornblower and other roles he performed so well, it makes me think that as Henri he incorporates them all.
Finally we see him meeting the other immortal but his instinct to fear him is good and will likely try to stay the heck away from him.
Too bad this show won't see a second season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There is some hope for renewal as it has been picked up in France, which is an income boost.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It's those little scenes like the one at the breakfast table that make me love Henry and Abe more and more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just love them and the show, so I'll keep hoping it will be renewed.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It just occurred to me that Henry hasn't died lately. When the show started, didn't he die in just about every episode?

I think the show still moves along quite nicely without Henry dying all the time but I wonder if they made a strategic decision to cut down on the frequency. As I recall, a lot of people were turned off but it when it happened all the time.