TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 11, 2015 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It looks like 4 more episodes.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I believe there will be a Season 6, but then that's the end of it.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I am with Babyjax...I don't want to talk about it.
I did read though that he has another series in the works. Probably be a good one also

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It's called "The Gilded Age" and it's already being dubbed the "American Downton Abbey" - it's set to air on NBC.

http://screenrant.com/gilded-age-nbc-downton-abbey-julian-fellowes/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Let's hope that if "The Gilded Age" gets off the ground, they'll let Julian do his job and not give him any interference from the network.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The "Gilded Age" will be a nice replacement for Downton. It seems that some of us will go through withdrawl when the show ends. At least the ending will not be as dumb as it was for the Sopranos: I am still ticked behind that fiasco. I thought the cable had gone out.......

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
<<<"Gilded Age will follow the lives of the so-called “Robber Barons” of late-1800s New York – families such as the Rockefellers, Carnegies, Astors, and Morgans.">>>

I would much rather watch a series set in England with British actors but Julian Fellowes is such a good writer that I have hopes for the Gilded Age.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe they could have a crossover with some of the Downton characters. We all know that Robert came to America to find a wife.

Speaking of that, it's suddenly come back to me that maybe Cora's family was Jewish (think it was mentioned in a previous episode), so if Rose starts dating the young Jewish banker guy, it might not be such a problem. He was awfully cute!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I do believe that Cora's family is Jewish. The new guy reminded me of Prince William a bit in looks.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm probably unpopular in my opinion, but I think it's time for it to end. This season just isn't holding anything for me. Edith is annoyingly obsessed with Marigold...although, I can't imagine what that would be like. The art guy trying to seduce the Cora in her own bedroom...really? And please, please, please put this murder investigation to bed. It's boring and I FF through it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Gurlie I totally agree on the investigation from the murder which seems to have been a story line 2 years back.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Edith is obsessed with Marigold (what a name) but being annoying IS her personality, period. She always reminds me of Jan Brady with her "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" line...only Edith's would be "Mary, Mary, Mary." She desperately wants to be anything but the middling spinster sister.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I am also tired of the Green murder investigation. It seems like it should have been wrapped up long ago.

Edith has had a time of it! She really is caught in a bind. I can't imagine having a child and not being able to acknowledge her. But, watching her agonizing over the girl is torture. Kidnapping is not a good option.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, what we all expected was going to happen did happen: Bates found Lady Mary's "device" (what the heck is it, anyway? A diaphragm?) and thought it was Anna's. We all saw that coming a mile away.

Poor Edith can't catch a break. I wonder if she has any idea of how to take care of a baby?

And oh, Isis. I'm afraid her character's being written out of the show. She must be at least 20 years old by now anyway. :'(

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
I thought Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary), looked GORGEOUS in the red cocktail dress with bobbed hair.

(Her grandmother, of course, was relieved when she finally spoke, because until then Lady Grantham thought Lady Mary "was a boy.")

Loved when Butler Stagg was complaining in front of Mrs. Crawley that the new ladies maid, Denker, was refusing to wash Lady Grantham's underwear, and Lady Grantham was smiling at him through gritted teeth, remininding him that he had forgotten his sense of "occasion."

Loved that Lady Mary wanted to ride astride but couldn't, since her grandmother was watching! Loved that her mother-in-law, Mrs. Crawley admired her for it and thought she was "splendid."

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmon, look up 'womb veil'. It was a form of contraception that was attached to the cervix and much smaller than a diaphragm.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, OG, I thought it looked awfully small (the box).

Loved Mary's new haircut, but why does she have to be so nasty to poor Edith? How can they not see that she's suffering? Is that just a British thing?

I love every scene with Violet and Isobel together. They're two peas in a pod. I hope Isobel gets to be happy for a bit with Lord Merton, and they don't throw some obstruction in her way. She deserves a little happiness.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Maggie Smith (Violet) and Penelope Wilton (Isobel) are acting together in the new movie called The Second Grand Marigold Hotel (or something like that). I never saw the first installment so I'll have to check that out on Netflix.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Roteach... YOu are going to LOVE the first installment of that film. Fabulous stuff!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Loved when Butler Stagg was complaining...

I think you meant Spratt. (It's an easy name to confuse with Stagg, though.)

And the name of the film, Roteach, is "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" -- please feel free to go see it early and often. (My employer is the studio that's releasing it.)

Speaking of which (Marigold), I wonder if Ol Parker (the film's screenplay writer) suggested that name to Julian Fellowes to use for Edith's daughter?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, I think I watched parts of it if not all of it but I will check it out to make sure I've seen it.

Uncle_Ricky I knew I left out an important descriptive word or two.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Uncle_Ricky, I owe some good friends a night at the movies so I think this movie would be a great one to see.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I think so, too!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm confused as the name of the movie is 'The BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL'. Is a sequel coming out called 'THE SECOND BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL'?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yes, Ophiliasgrandma. The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is a sequel but Uncle_Ricky could tell you much better than I can.