TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 06, 2015 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I don't know. One day Whoopie is very open to discussion and the next day she is a dog with a bone. There are times when I feel like she's "agree with me or we move on" and she's the lead dog right now with the power to go to commercial.

I thought Whoopie was rather dismissive on the topic of Crosby and in turn was dismissive to Rosie O as well.

And how do I put this politely, some days Ms. Gold seems happy as can be and other days she's cranky. That's not easy to work with.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, I notice that too, that's why I knew they wouldn't get along. They are too much alike in many ways. I've decided I dont like talk shows with groups larger than 3. The View, The Talk and especially The Real.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 12, 2014 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The irony! Today's show featured a clip from Oprah about how she wanted to end her show before people started making comments that she should have ended it years earlier. Today's guest host was none other then Barbara Walters who commented that she wanted to do the same. And yet she still keeps showing up.

No, I did not finish watching the show nor will I watch her special as I felt they became irrelevant more then 15 years ago.

Oprah left with class while managing to still keep her toes in various projects. BW has yet to realize she should have left many many moons ago.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I am still liking the show with the new foursome. Unfortunately this week Whoopi has been out with a back problem and Rosie P is off working on another project for the month so there has only been Nicole and Rosie O which means mainly Rosie O.

Today's guest host was Barbara Walters and the hot topics consisted of Barbara, Barbara and a little more Barbara followed by a craft demonstration by Rosie for Barbara. Boy did I miss the foursome this week!

Nicole Wallace is fast becoming a favorite of mine. She discusses things with such calm and with a high dose of common sense that you wonder why the Republican party isn't listening to her more. I would love to see Hilary do a mixed ticket and take Nicole with her to the White House, lol! If it's not working with one party or the other, why not try a combo! The two of them could no worse then the men have been doing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I could tell from day one they (The View bosses) told Nicolle to control in her bitchiness. She doesn't even give her opinion anymore on this show about politics which makes her somewhat tolerable now. I can't even explain how horrible she was at times on Morning Joe. She couldn't keep a civil tone to any Democratic office holder while talking to them. And she ALWAYS prefaced any question to them with a horrible insult. She's really a mean person.

To anybody that has watched Nicolle since she hit the big time after being portrayed in the movie "Game Change", we know this isn't her on The View.

And when the ladies all get to talking over each other, her high pitched yowl is the most annoying of all them.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Naja ~ I could see how having seen her in that mode would effect how you see her now on the View.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 2:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Lol, I guess she's a good Republican as long as she keeps her mouth shut.
I watched some this week for the first time in awhile, glad I missed Barbra.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Naja, I thought at the beginning of your message that you mixed up Nicole's name and meant to say rosie until you mentioned Morning Joe.I also believe that Rosie has been told to keep her mouth shut or she is heavily medicated. I am a rosie fan and was (am) never sure this was going to work since she is not good being 2nd fiddle.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I can like Rosie O, but don't like that she can't share the lead. I don't like her for that reason.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Joy Behar is supposed to come back and be a host for three days. Does anyone know when that happens? I hope I didn't miss it....I always liked her the best. I rarely every watch it anymore, since the big changeover in hosts.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Never mind...I found the answer to my question....looks like she'll be there for a week

Joy Behar to fill in for Whoopi Goldberg on 'The View' next week
Jan. 10, 2015 at 9:47 AM

NEW YORK, Jan. 10 (UPI) -- The View veteran Joy Behar is scheduled to fill in next week for her former co-host Whoopi Goldberg, who is nursing an injured back.

"Whoopi is down for the count, so I said I'd do it," Behar told the New York Post. "When you are off the air for a while, people start to miss you. But when you are off too long, they forget about you."

Behar left The View 18 months ago after 16 years. She will return to the morning chat show Monday, Tuesday and Friday, while Goldberg recovers.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2015/01/10/Joy-Behar-to-fill-in-for-Whoopi-Goldberg-on-The-View-next-week/7921420898493/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Great news SFJosh! Joy was always my favorite as well.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, this explains why Joy was a no-show:

EXCLUSIVE: 'What the BLEEP!' Rosie Perez FIRED from The View, Rosie O'Donnell goes ballistic at the news and delivers a furious on-air denial and Barbara Walters is brought back to restore calm to the shake-up at collapsing talk show

[The final line of this article]

"Joy Behar was supposed to guest host on Monday and Tuesday of this week, but came down with the flu and Cantone sat in her in place."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2911567/What-BLEEP-Rosie-Perez-FIRED-View-Rosie-O-Donnell-goes-ballistic-news-delivers-furious-air-denial-Barbara-Walters-brought-restore-calm-shake-collapsing-talk-show.html

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for passing on why Joy wasn't there, SFJosh!

Every time one of the main four hosts is gone, the gossips begin the same old routine of "they're fighting, they're quitting or they're fired" routine. It's getting old that they need to address it as obviously the people passing this stuff around don't watch the show.

That said, it's also getting tiresome to only see Rosie O with Barbara Walters talking about either Frozen or doing crafting. This was a show to discuss views on hot topics and they haven't had much of that happening for almost two weeks now. Let Nicole do something besides a vitamin commercial for crying out loud. It's NOT Rosie's show alone and she seems to have completely forgotten that. I'm really disappointed in how it has been handled with Whoopie being gone.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Time for The View to close the drapes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rosie O still today is saying Rosie P will be back. This is getting funny.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It was good to have Whoopie back today as it brought back some of the usual energy. No crafting, no Frozen, no Barbara - It was a good day.

I'm not sure I believe the bit about Perez being fired. Time will tell.

A part of me wonders how many of these rumors are started by Sharon Osborne, LOL!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
All the tabloids are reporting today (and yesterday) that Rosie P is not fired. She will be back Feb 3.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yep - They announced it on show today as well. I just don't understand why people start that stuff in gossip columns to begin with. Isn't there enough 'real' gossip these days, lol?!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh jeez, all the tabloids are saying Rosie O has quit again! And she and her latest wife are splitting, also.

I have no idea if this is really true, but all the big tabloids are reporting it.

eta: take your choice of articles to click on from the google search....
https://www.google.com/search?q=rosie+odonnell+leaving+the+view..../

Debra

11-19-2003

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Rosie O'Donnell Leaving The View After Split From Wife Michelle Rounds | E! Online Mobile
http://m.eonline.com/news/622966/rosie-o-donnell-leaving-the-view-after-split-from-wife-michelle-rounds?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I checked Rosie O's blog, twitter, ask Rosie, and facebook, and the latest stuff was on facebook 3 hours ago recapping the latest ep. Nothing about quitting or break-up yet.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Well, Ms O'Donnell goes through wives/girlfriends like I go through socks, so a split wouldn't be surprising. Leaving The View again might be but, from what I've read, it's now under the umbrella of ABC News rather than ABC Entertainment, as it had been, and the higher ups might not cotton to her, or vice versa. It's a shame cuz the EP is Rachel Maddow's old EP and he's very, very good at his job...I hate to think he left the relatively peaceful, chill environment at the Maddow Show for this shark tank.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Oh. ABC confirmed it. Wow.

It's probably for the best.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wasn't angry at Rosie the first time she left, but now I am.