TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 03, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 03, 2015 users admin

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Csnog, I think the device will cause problems with them, because he will find it and she won't tell him it's Lady Mary's, so he will think that she doesn't want a baby with him.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I agree, I think if the device is found by Bates she won't tell him it is Mary's...I don't think they do much pillow talk about their employers.
I also think the valet story has reached it end...boring. I did read an interesting article about why Anna, or a women of her standing which is none, wouldn't report the rape.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Even into late in the 20th century, women didn't report rape because they would be raked over the coals and lawyers would do their best to make it seem as though the rape was the woman's fault. They would go into the woman's past history, the way she dressed, etc. Also, women who had been raped were often called "damaged goods," so reporting a rape could really ruin a woman.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
exactly Puzzled.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
I posted on Facebook last week that I thought Anna killed Greene. I still think that is true.

Did not understand what illness Tom is fighting. Did I miss something?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
When he grabbed the magazine I thought it said something about cheese but was puzzled at how she got illness out of that.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I got the impression that he is trying a "cure" for being gay.

I think Bates killed Greene and Anna does too. She was just trying to see what he might have seen that day. Whoever killed Greene did a service to the world.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I also thought he was trying to find a 'cure', as well, since it was illegal there. Although, I have to say, I would never have thought that if I hadn't seen "The Imitation Game".

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
I was thinking that perhaps Tom acted on his feelings and contracted some sort of STD, but maybe you are all on the right track.

Love this series!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Every episode of this show is indescribably delicious, but the zingers that Violet flings at Isobel are the tastiest of all.

Not sure if I have it exactly right, but this exchange last night provided plenty of mirth:

Isobel: "You're just saying that to be clever!"
Violet: "I am. You should try it sometime."

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky, that line caught me off guard. I almost howled with laughter at that one!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I loved that exchange between Violet and Isobel. I knew those would be the lines people would be talking about today.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Argh, I had company tonight and missed the entire ep! Can anyone give me a synopsis of what transpired on tonight's show?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Mame http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/02/01/downton-abbey-recap-a-rare-instance-of-fisticuffs/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Misspoufy

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It didnt take long for the dowager to get the truth about Edith out of her daughter Rosamund! Now the baby is going to have to be taken far away! Edith ruined a good thing because she couldnt stay away!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Thomas is taking some kind of injections to try to make himself "not gay" anymore. When the magazine was shown on-screen, I paused it and could just make out the words "You have a choice" or something like that. So sad that an industry developed to take advantage of people desperate to be "normal." (I know it still exists today.)

Everyone is so kind to Thomas, but he's so nasty to them all. I guess he's just used to being the outsider. I feel sorry for him.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I hope Edith takes Marigold to London to live there, she could work and and be able to keep an eye on her daughter. France seems like so far away for such a young child.

Robert! Oh my, who would have thought he would get into a tussle with Bricker. Then Cora tells Edith the noise in the bedroom was from them playing a game. Too funny.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Oh my, what is Edith up to??? That Dowager is some trouble maker, I think she is jealous of Isabel.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
The Dowager is on the brink of losing her Friend and sidekick.
Edith's going to get Marigold some way, and that is happening with more people learning about her attachment, and now the Dowager
What I don't understand about this season is Rose and her turnaround from party girl to soup kitchen.
What happened?
The writing seems rushed a bit, at least to me, and I dread that Downton is coming to an end, and they want to get strings tied up.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I think after they are presented at court they are considered adults and take it to heart. She could get away with being a party girl as a child, but once she has been presented, she has to show she is an adult and marriage material.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Oh no...Downton coming to an end?? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2930768/It-s-open-secret-Downton-Abbey-set-end-sixth-series-cast-begin-look-new-roles-America.html

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy, I had read that but I didn't want to believe it. All good things must come to an end. I can't remember how long the original Upstairs Downstairs ran. I'll have to check that on IMDB but it strikes me as it could have run about 8 seasons. Bad news for PBS. DA is a money maker for them especially during pledge drives. But a good thing is that one of the streaming services will eventually carry the episodes and we can relive our memories.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know how many more shows we have in this season, Season 5?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't want to talk about it.