TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 13, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fashion Police: Archive through January 13, 2015 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It's not looking good for Joan, she's on life support now. I keep reading only a miracle will pull her through. I really admire Joan and she was just so full of life. Her death will effect me more than most celebritys. I guess because she was so current.

Dee

08-08-2000

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dee a private message Print Post    
I agree, Lakecat. She's always been around and I expect to watch her on Fashion Police this week.

Have you seen her online show, In Bed With Joan? It's a hoot.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 1:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No, I have not. I'll check it out.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It's really strange how sudden life changed for her..it was only a week ago she was still making us laugh at the Fashion Police show on the latest Emmy Awards and Friday I watched that same episode again, she seemed as strong as usual, her voice has been like that for a long time now, she could have left that alone, and now on life support, who knows how long, until maybe they'll have to pull the plug if it goes on too long. How sad.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I can't believe she passed away. So sorry, to think that just over a week ago she made me laugh. How sad.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I can't believe it either. She was one of the greats. Always, always made me laugh. May she rest in peace.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So active and sharp of mind. I just saw her on QVC about 2 weeks ago too and wasn't her and Melissa just finishing up with their reality show?. It's like a light went out.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Fashion Police is (was??) my Saturday morning guilty pleasure!!! I'd get up early, make coffee, snuggle up under a comforter, and turn it on and get ready for the Joan zings... I will miss her so much!!!

My sister seems to think they'll re-tool the show and continue... but WHO could possibly be worthy enough to sit in Joan's chair???

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/04/joan-rivers-outlined-her-wishes-for-an-epic-star-studded-funeral-before-she-died/

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Kathy Griffin could do it - and a few others... the stand up comics that 'got" her "job", that Joan mentored, that I've enjoyed watching over these last few days.

I do hope that Cooper will be able to take up where Joan left off in her example of giving back, that is something that came from her heart, she didn't just write a check, she showed up. Many many people talk of her giving nature, her thank you notes, her gifts it shows some to the character, her whole self, not just her job.

when Kathy Griffin was talking to Anderson Cooper about how she'd whine to Joan, and Joan had lots to whine about, nope, she just picked up and carried on. I keep thinking of how Johnny Carson treated her, never speaking to her again, but it was a man's world, the man's world sure didn't want to change, and in the stand up comedian world, its a different animal -

I appreciate Joan so much more thinking of what she trailblazed, or fought through! Indeed, there is no one like her, and she will be missed.

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    
Great post, Reader. She was a tough lady with a soft heart. I feel so bad for Melissa and Cooper.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
If Kathy Griffin takes over, I know I won't be watching. I am not sure of anyone who could take over comedically. They may have to change the tone of the show.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Whoever takes over... must have Joan's passion for fashion. She wasn't on the show because she was funny... she brought more than that. She loved fashion... and if the show continues... the new host must also love fashion.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
90 minute show this Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/09/18/melissa-rivers-speaks-out-makes-first-tv-appearance-since-joan-rivers-death/?intcmp=features

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So what was said? I forgot to watch.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It was a sweet show. FP will come back in 2015 at the Golden Globes

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
It was a sweet shoe indeed. Kelly was so emotional and George and Giuliana tried to comfort her... Giuliana asking her to talk about her favorite moment with Joan.

Melissa started the show standing behind Joan's chair (and her "J" pillow).

I liked that they didn't sit in their normal chairs... They actually sat in directors chairs just in front of their normal set.

Learned a few things about the show I wasn't aware of... The show was taped at 7am. Joan would get to the studio at 3am... and she always had her "coffee" aka white wine next to her on set, usually hidden by the picture on the side table next to Joan.

Loved that Joan would always say the same 3 naughty words whenever she flubbed lines so her mistakes couldn't be used.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
its repeating all wkeend..Im taping it at 1130pm tonite

Txkaykay

07-27-2006

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txkaykay a private message Print Post    
It was a very fitting tribute to Joan...she will be missed!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It was a great 1 hour and half of nothing but laugh and fashion... I am amazed how beautifully dressed she always was... wonder if they're going to auction all those beautiful jackets she wore, just gorgeous.

So Fashion Police will be back in January but without Joan I'm not sure it's going to be such a success.

I sure miss her on Friday night.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it. Kathy Griffin could fit in well

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Confirmed via TMZ, Kathy Griffin to replace Joan Rivers. I couldn't imagine it not being her. I like Kathy as long as she's not talking politics.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I tried to watch, but won't continue. Not a KG fan, but could handle a group show, I felt no chemistry at all. Not only was Joan gone, so was George replaced by Brad, saw enough of him before. Kelly was different as was Giuliana. Supposed jokes were flat and it just was boring and aggravating.

jmo

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked it,but I like KG as long as she's not talking politics. Maybe it will take a few shows to get in the groove. Did George quit or get fired? I guess got fired bc there was no explanation.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I missed George too.. the new chap seems to imitate George's laugh but it's not the same.
I thought because it was the first show that KG did not want to copy Joan's uniqueness but could have been more spontaneous. I like Giuliana but could not understand why she was 'running' the show, I got the impression that she was too much 'centre stage', that she was the one replacing Joan and not KG. Kelly is okay but the hair didn't seem an improvement, should do something about it.
As for their critique of the Golden Globe fashion I usually agree with them.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I watched even though Kathy isn't a favorite of mine. I like her as a guest on shows where it is just a few minute spot. I thought is was boring and apparent that you can't replace Joan. Yes, it was weird that Giuliana seemed to be running the show. I didn't think Kathy added anything to the critique of the gowns, she just tried to be funny and mostly I was left thinking "huh".

It was sad not having Joan there. :-(