TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Downton Abbey: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 19, 2015 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
So ready!!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Excellent. Didn't disappoint.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 2:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Fell asleep, the DVR is my friend so I can see what I missed closed to the end when things got " hot ".

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I was happy too! Of course, poor Lady Edith. Everyone else was in fine form.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think we have the possibility of a great season.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
So is Anna pregnant?

I love the Edith story line.

I am bored with the Mary story line. Both suitors are boring!!

But all in all, I agree. Could be a great season!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Don't like the looks of the actor who plays Mary's latest suitor. The other suitor is more handsome. Although they both seem nice enough chaps.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Lord Gillingham looked much better in the special on Manners at DA. He was sporting some fine facial hair. I do(spelling?) He has some great YouTube videos. He's a singer and appears in West End shows and if any of you watched Smash he played JFK in season 2.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
HE was JFK on SMASH? Cool! OK, I've decided I like him a bit better now. (grin)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Oops my bad. I meant to say Julian Ovenden who is Charles Blake was Kennedy in Smash. Somehow that part of my post got deleted. The ghosts must have gotten hold of my keyboard. Those two look similar in their coloring and when they are both in a scene at the same time I get confused as to who is who. Didn't Mary spend some "quality time" with Charles at the end of last season?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I don't remember exactly what it was but someone got a great zinger off at Grandmama's expense. I laughed out loud it was so unexpected and funny.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I know. I tried to listen carefully to her one liners but I always miss some. Sometimes the DA site on FB puts up pictures of the characters with some of their good lines but Violet needs a page of her own with someone to jot down all of her good lines.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Roteach, that makes more sense! LOL, re: Kennedy.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It wasn't what Violet said, it was said to her as a veiled insult. And no one can do indignant as well as Maggie Smith.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It wasn't what Violet said, it was said to her as a veiled insult. And no one can do indignant as well as Maggie Smith.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh my bleeding heck!!! I just watched DA and the silly show Galavant that precedes it. And until a moment ago I had NO IDEA that the singing PIRATE KING on tonight's ep of Galavant was none other than: Hugh Bonneville - Lord Grantham!!! And I just found THAT out on Facebook! The funny thing is that I told hubby that the actor looked familiar but I couldn't place him. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am still reeling from this as he was in full (MONTY PYTHONESQUE) Pirate Regalia with makeup and costume!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Hugh Bonneville (Lord Grantham on DA)as the singing Pirate King on Galavant tonight!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2430760/Downton-Abbey-star-Lily-James-rides-horse-carefree-Cinderella-photos-new-film.html

Downton' Abbey's 'cousin Rose' is the star of the upcoming film CINDERELLA.

Costarring with her as one of the stepsisters is Downton's 'Daisy'.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/sophie-mcshera-joins-cinderalla-1200501798/

I wasn't interested in this version of Cinderella before... but now I'm going to be first in line. ;)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I saw the Galivant episode as well. I did catch his name as the credits for the second part of the show came up. It was a trifecta last night. Joanne Frogett (Anna) got a Golden Globe about the same time as Galivant was on and then came DA. Big night. I am also looking forward to Cinderella. I didn't know that "Daisy" was going to be a stepsister. That makes it even better.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Found out about Frogett on FB. Yay for her!!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
She was lovely last night on the Golden Globes and so well spoken.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I was very excited when she won! She looked beautiful and gave a nice acceptance speech.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
No commentary from last night? I thought it was a great episode from all generations of the family

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved it! I like how this season's storyline is going at a nice pace.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I am NOT liking the continuation of Gillinghams' valet and Anna and Bates.
It seems out of context with a small town cop for an (accident) that happened in a large city.
They've beat that horse (story) to death.
Anna and Bates deserve a better storyline, unless the hidden contraception device is to become something, but I doubt it, as she said it was for Lady Mary.
Perhaps they could enlarge them with a future that they desire, as they see a middle class emerging.