TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: NCIS: Archive through January 11, 2015 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm still throwing up a little bit in my mouth at the thought of "eggs creole" and beignets and lemonade.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL Lexie. I make a helluva shrimp creole and a pretty darn good gumbo, but not as good as my mom's and my son's. what i have never liked much is jambalaya and crawfish.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, why didn't Gibbs shoot that guy in the head, why do they always shoot the body, they could have on body amour. It always makes me so mad that they don't shoot them in the head, LOL.

I realize it would screw up the storylines, but they need to get smarter about the bad guys.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tex, as much as I love seafood (I could eat it every day), I'm not a fan of shrimp creole, or seafood gumbo or red jambalaya. But I love, love, love a good chicken and andouille gumbo, and brown jambalaya. It is weird that as much as I love Italian food and red gravies, I don't care for creole dishes. I think I have "texture" issues with creole dishes.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, according to this recipe there is!

http://www.saucemagazine.com/recipe/214

As for the lemonade and beignets...it would be my last choice, not first. The sweet and sour might be a bit much, but after not ingesting ANY caffeine in over 30 years (a trip to the hospital isn't worth it) I've learned to make sacrifices to keep my heart beating in the right rhythm. As for shrimp creole, it's not my cup of tea either, I prefer etouffee.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That is "Creole" Eggs Benedict. (It would be creole since there are tomatoes in the hollandaise sauce). I've had Eggs Benedict 100 times.

On the show, he said he made "eggs creole" which does not exist. And there are 1,000 other people like me on the New Orleans blogs slamming the show for the eggs creole and lemonade and beignets remarks.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
Eggs Creole exist. I've been to The Old Coffeepot restaurant. They're right on the menu.

http://www.theoldcoffeepot.com/menu.php

That's not to say that whatever he made on the show was "eggs Creole," but eggs Creole are a thing.

(I like their jambalaya. At least I think I do. I was kind of drunk at the time.)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That looks absolutely nasty. Eggs in a creole sauce??? No wonder we've never eaten them before. There are very few restaurants I would go to in the FQ.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
NCIS NO. Why in episode 3 did they turn hats around when entering a house?

I feel dumb asking. LOL

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing. I don't understand the whole thing about wearing baseball caps backwards unless you are on a bike or a boat.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
That was the first thing I asked also! And it was pretty much in unison. Toward the end I thought maybe it was so they could see better. But I don't think that's it. Really weird.
But I am loving the show!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i wondered about the hats too. LOL maybe it was a ready sign of some kind.
i am enjoying the show, accents aside. i do adore how much the characters love New Orleans and the south in general. kind of reminds me of how NYC was a 'character' in Sex and The City.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
When shooting you turn your hat around to keep the brim from obstructing your peripheral view.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, that makes sense. thank you.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
makes sense, misspoufy!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL i guess i am some kind of bad southerner (but I think Texans are Texans and not technically southerners ) but agent LaSalle's accent always bothered me for than Pride's. turns out he is genuinely from the south, born and raised in Alabama!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that info on the hats, I was wondering why they were even wearing them at all.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/11/05/ncis-scoop-who-playing-gibbs-fourth-ex-wife/?intcmp=features

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lucas Black (Lasalle) was on a creepy type show years ago. He was boy and he would always say, "Someone's at da dooah" in the show. I can't see him without saying that every week.

I can't remember the name of the show but I can see the main star in my head...Gary something?

Not thrilled with the gal they are bringing in as Harmon's 4th wife. Will she be dying her hair red?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The main star was Gary Cole and the show was called American Gothic.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched a really good NCIS from last night centered around the DC airport terminal. Very clever plot line.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Ophilia it was a good episode! I laughed my butt too!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did too, it was a fun one.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Just watching last week's NCIS... I knew ex-wife Diane was going to meet a Kate-esque fate... But I'm afraid to find out who will be the Checkmate...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know what you mean, Cass cat.