TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 02, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Golden Globe Awards: Archive through February 02, 2014 users admin

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Soon Yi was not Mr Allen's stepdaughter. Me Allen never even lived with Ms Farrow, to say nothing of marrying her or adopting her adopted children

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She was still 16.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't know all that Tishala. I assumed he did.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
When he and Mia Farrow began their 12-year-long relationship, Soon Yi was about 8 years old. He was, by all accounts, her step-father, even if there was no legal adoption.

After ending his relationship with Mia Farrow in 1992, Allen continued his relationship with Soon-Yi Previn. Though Allen never married Mia Farrow and was not Previn's legal stepfather, the relationship between Allen and Previn has often been referred to as a stepfather involved romantically with his stepdaughter[123] because she was adopted and legally Farrow's daughter and Allen's son's sister. In 1991, The New York Times opined on Allen's family life: "Few married couples seem more married. They are constantly in touch with each other, and not many fathers spend as much time with their children as Allen does."[112]

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
"has often been described as"; "The New York Times opined."

passive voice is a wondrous thing, attributing to the masses what us attributed to nobody. At least the Times' opinion piece is honest--the couple "seems" and tea lala--but how families or groupings of people appear to outsiders often has little to do with how those inside the family or grouping experience it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So, if she was 8 when he and Mia started dating, and that relationship lasted 12 years, that would make Soon Yi 20, not 16. So, no legal issues, perhaps a norms of society issue. The whole bunch of them seem a bit off to me, from an outsider perspective. You spend 12 years playing "family" and then, now 20+ years later have to take your spat to twitter? Just so immature and bitter. I can't imagine severing a relationship with my own daughter. Just craziness all around there. The one stable thing seems to be the marriage between Allen and Soon yi! Surprise!

Oscar Nomination for Woody's Screenplay for Blue Jasimine as well as the lead actress. This comes out on home video in a week or so.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought they were married. Did he live with Mia Farrow?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
They never lived together. The lived on opposite sides of Central Park.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I believe she was 19 when he and Mia separated and he took up with her "officially". No saying though how long it had been going on before Mia found the nude pics. Regardless, he's a perv in my book. Nothing wholesome about a man who gets sexual with a girl he considered as his daughter from such an early age, 7 or 8, AND while still in a relationship with the mother. Nah, perv before genius, passive voice be damned!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I don't believe there are any statements from Me Allen in which he says that he considered any of Ms Farrow's children, whether adopted or natural, as his children, with the notable exception of Satchel, who is his son. Unless you believe Ms Farrow's more recent remarks, which intimate that she was sharing herself with her ex-husband, a married man many years her senior and in the middle stages of dementia at the same time she was sharing herself with Mr Allen.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Not sure he considered her a daughter. Old man and young woman is nothing new. We see it all the time with men marrying women the same age as their daughters from a previous marriage.

The whole "he's your son, oh no wait, he's probably Franks son" thing just tells me how whacked out camp Farrow is. You know the whole "no fury like a woman scorned". She's still behaving like the scorned woman so I don't trust what she has to say.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The main issue for me, other than the Soon-Yi thing, is his daughter Dylan, who says she was molested by her father (Woody) when she was 7. She and her brother both changed their surname to Farrow (from Allen). She still has vivid memories of "being in the attic" with Woody. The only reason they didn't pursue criminal charges was that they didn't want a 7 year old to have to testify in court. I believe her.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Woody Allen is immoral trash and I wish Hollywood would stop rewarding him just as I wish they'd stop rewarding Roman Polanski. You can testify truthfully before congress under subpoena and be shunned by the industry for the rest of your life, but boy oh boy - molest a child and they're all good with it as long as you might be able to give them a job in your movie.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Whether or not Allen considered her to be his daughter or stepdaughter....she was the daughter of a woman he had a relationship with and sister of his son. Its way over the boundaries...

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Amen GAL and ditto to Keldogg!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Slate article looking at the evidence of whether/not Allen molested Dylan:

Slate

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great read, thx Gal.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just wow.

An Open Letter to Woody Allen from Dylan Farrow

Linkis to nytimes.com

Reenie

06-24-2006

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
GAL, I just finished reading this article!

OMG OMG OMG

She states very openly that he molested her many many times. It's sickening. I believe her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wow is right.
What has he said about this letter?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I do too Renie. Thanks for the link GAL. I have a dear friend who currently struggling in deep therapy for enduring sexual assaults in her childhood. Having listened to this friend recount her story through her tears, many time over the years, I can tell you that absolutely Dylan's letter rings very true, and my heart goes out to her.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Woody has denied it and has taken a lie detector test and passed. Mia refused to take the test. I really don't know who to believe.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
BTW, Morgan Freeman married his step granddaughter. I was shocked at that too.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Readying that article, if anyone did that to my child I would have done everything to have them prosecuted and serve jail time. Everything.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The children in the McMartin case swore that many things had happened to them, too, even without the aid the f a vengeful, scorned mother.