TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 25, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The View: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 25, 2014 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Missy, I caught how Whoopi strongly suggested she NOT share the dream and she did it any way. I'm trying to like the new girl even though I skew to the left, lol! I really think they just need time to get into a groove together.

Jushvnfn

07-29-2006

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
I never thought I'd say this, but I think Whoopi needs to go.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Jush - As much as I love Whoopi, every now and then I wonder if she shows up stoned. Some days she just seems off but I think with Rosie there and her way of using humor, they will be okay. I'm going to give them a couple of months or two because I do think it takes a while to blend together.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Whoopi is the only reason I watch and I am pretty sure she does turn up stoned.

Jushvnfn

08-30-2001

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
She's admitted to being stoned. Many times over the last few years. She has a medical maurijuana card for glaucoma. Theses are the days she's more mellow. :-)

These discussions on discipline are going to get her in trouble. I understand what she's trying to say. For the most part, I agree with her. It's hard to make your point when ppl are interrupting.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
not sure about this year but previously
If I had to work with Babs Walters I would have to show up stoned.

I feel Whoopi is just over the job period.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching? I have been trying to check it out and see the new panel. I am not impressed and usually fast forward through most of it. Just curious what other's are thinking of it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't think the 2 new ladies bring anything to the table and I am just not that excited about Whoopi or Rosie. I am not even bothering to see who the guests will be.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I agree, Marameko. That is why I am fast forwarding through most of the show. It seems like a slow simmer is happening between Whoopi and Rosie, one of them is going to boil over sometime soon. Rosie P brings absolutely nothing to the show. The new girl , I can't remember her name, is a differing opinion, but boring.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I haven't been watching The View but for whatever reason I've caught The Real a few times. It's silly, juvenile and amateurish. I can only believe The View has got to be better.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Don't bet on it, Lakecat. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I accidentally watched The View earlier this week and I'm curious - was the emphasis this week on Hispanics? Everyone featured was Hispanic...John Leguizimo (can't spell his name and too late to look it up), the first Hispanic woman who is the director of the Treasury, and the woman who used to play the sister on Ugly Betty. I assumed it must be some sort of emphasis for that one show or this week?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Roxi ~ Sept. 15th to Oct. 15th is Hispanic Heritage Month.

I watched the show all last week and now look forward to it. As with any talk show, I'm usually only tuning in for the first half of it - I'm really bad that way.

I'm enjoying the cast and I do think they're starting to relax together. Last year I couldn't stand to watch. This new season I'm enjoying. Time will tell.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the explanation. I was only listening with half an ear (job searching takes a lot of time on the internet) so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I think the hosts are starting to settle down and get used to each other. It's funny I only watch the hot topics also. Sometimes there will be a guest that interests me, but that isn't very often now that I am lost in Utopia. LOL

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I now find I have too much time on my hands since Utopia was cancelled... :-O

I have been watching the view and am happily surprised at the progress the hosts have made.
From what I have seen it is a great improvement from the last few years.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I actually make an effort to stop and watch it each day now. Before, I would watch it maybe once a month at the most. I think the ladies are doing great together!

Dahli

11-27-2000

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
agreed i like the feel of this cast so much more than before. it's been so elevated this season in my opinion better guests and much better production wow. don't miss BW SS or sweaty gettie in the least.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
After watching this mornings show, and I have not watched in months, Rosie looks completely disengaged and miserable . Her ody language says she is only staying Neil her contract is up. Would love to kow what has made her so nappy, again.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Whoopie.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yup - she is not happy with Whoopie defending Cosby.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Rosie tweeted this video she made this morning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jc6UW0q-Pc&feature=youtu.be

It looks like she's preparing to say goodbye.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I have been surprised by the obvious tension between Whoopie and Rosie. To me it seems as if Rosie is unable to accept anyone else's opinion unless it is in line with hers. She is very intolerant these days. I think this is hurting the show because it is called "the view" and it seems like the other's are tip toeing around Rosie if they have a differing opinion.

Just when i was starting to enjoy the show again the co-hosts are unraveling.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
When people were saying Rosie, I don't know why, but I was thinking Ms Perez, not Ms O'Donnell. I don't think it's surprising that Ms O'Donnell and Ms Goldberg don't get along...they are both alpha dogs. But I also felt that this would be the only season they'd be together and they'd use this as a transitional season to usher out Ms Goldberg...just keep a bit of continuity from the old show before reinstalling Ms O'Donnell as the moderator.

But maybe that's not the case at all.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I predicted upthread when I first heard Rosie was re joining the show that there would be no way she and Whoopie would get along.I enjoy Whoopie. I don't usually agree with her politics or perspective but at least shes not blinded by her beliefs and is reasonable.She can see things both ways.