TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 30, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: SCORPION : Archive through September 30, 2014 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol - For Jimmer, it was the chess game. For me, it was the pilot dangling from the plane and the waitress hanging by a cable from the plane connected to a laptop!

But hey, look how many times Jack Bauer should have died and I let each one go! That's when I know I'm enjoying a show!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I did wonder why the pilot wasn't sucked outside when he open that door. Also was never a fan of Katherine McPhee.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Gotta say as a former county chess champ (retired at 14 :-)) the chess scene didn't bug me at all. I liked how it was a quick and tangible way to show the kid's intelligence. Plus I knew that was what he was doing in the prior scene with Walter too

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
There was no sudden change in cabin pressure from the wheel well so no "sucking out" at that altitude. The biggest problem is no one can "stand" straight up (or down) when going *200 mph*!
Not to mention the entire premise that planes would run out of gas and drop from the sky just because they couldn't communicate with LAX tower? As an Air Traffic Controller, konashark was laughing so hard. So many options like reconnect with LA Central, go visual to land at LAX, or just go to John Wayne (Orange Country), Burbank or San Diego airports.

But we always say "it's in the script". Like the premise.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - But Legal, you've got to agree that was silly.

Kappy, I know what you mean about Jack Bauer. It's funny what we'll accept and what we won't accept.

Bottom line is all of these shows are meant to be enjoyed. I'll give it another chance and see what they do next.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Ok, the chess thing. He did not mean that the kid beat him in 8 moves. He meant that-- at that point in the game, even if they both played the best moves available, the kid would win in 8 moves.

The matching speeds with an airplane to hook a laptop up.....LOL

I think that pilots have to be spot on to catch as many people as possible. So you have to have story and action.

This show did that. I will watch.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
OMG! There is suspending belief and then there is Scorpion. LOLOL If they had the pilot on the phone then why not just TELL him which runway to land the freakin' plane on? Instead they tell him to buzz it at 8 ft then go back to circling? LOLOL Having said that, it was a lot of fun and I will keep watching.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Okay I give on the chess scene. I re-watched it and I think that what Christy described may be what they were referring to in that scene. It's still more than a bit strained but at least that makes some logical sense.

It's just there were so many other things ....

I'm still going to watch it again though. It was entertaining.

Lookieloo

08-12-2009

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lookieloo a private message Print Post    
I agree that there has to be some kind of, shall I say, Relationship to reality. For example, I gave "Revolution" a couple of episodes but I could not get over the fact that after 15 years without electricity, they had better sewn clothes than I do. Stopped watching. I just think in this show, they are stretching "truth" to the limits. thoroughly enjoyed and will continue watching.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I liked it. yeah, there were some times I thought, "okay, that's a stretch" but I ended up liking the characters so I hope it sticks around.

It's the nerd/misfit-lover in me, I guess.

Milosmom

06-10-2006

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Milosmom a private message Print Post    
Real or not I loved every bit of it! I love Geeks kicking butt!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finally watched it and enjoyed it. I never watch a show and say "that could never happen". It's television, not real life.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
If we expect our entertainment to be realistic, how could we enjoy science fiction or zombies or ghost stories or romantic comedy or the worst of all, musicals? If I want real, I'll watch the news, and even then things are dramatized for our viewing pleasure.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Mama... Exactly!!! I want to be entertained...

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Finally got to see this last night and I totally agree Mama! Look at the MacGyver series....lasted 7 years and most everything he did was pretty unbelievable. But, it was entertaining and fun to watch and I hope this will be the same.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I watched it and really liked it. But I will get bored fast as I do with most episodic tv lately. Same stuff, different day syndrome. I am so hoping they really play up the Genius part of the story with some factual stuff, and that the little boy is at front and center.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I'm in!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
They bill this show as "inspired" by a true story, not "based" on a true story. I can suspend disbelief if the show is good quality. I liked the pilot, so I'll be sticking with it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my hubby and I are in! Soooo impressed with McPhee!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
For some reason, my DVR is being stupid and not wanting to record this tonight. I"m about to throw it across the room!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Good ep tonight. Won't spoil for those watching on DVR later, but they're wasting no time in developing the characters.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
This week's episode was much better than the first one.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Aww crap. I was fine with some unrealistic plots as long as the show stayed as charming as the pilot but not sure I want to put money in the pocket of a con artist. Will have to find a few more sources then perhaps take it off my PVR list. At the end of the day, it's just a tv show but I do hope the articles I have found so far are a bit cynical.

Another Story of a Fake

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Too bad about that.

I still like the show and will still watch. Frankly, we go to movies and rock concerts only to fund the drug habits of many celebrities, so I don't generally use character as a criteria. there are some exceptions however. So I understand that this may be one for you.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I gave it another try with the second episode but I won't be programming to tape the next one. If I happen to flip the channels and see Scorpion on I would watch a moment and then forget about it, I can't stand the preposterous ideas, lousy acting and childish script... Too bad for the main actor because he could have done something better than this. He's got the looks for some high espionage shows... but this, what a waste.