TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through October 08, 2014 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
She is three months pregnant, so if this is six months after the bomb then the baby isn't brody's.

I loved last night's episode. Who hadnt figured out that Saul's wife was having an affair with an Iranian agent - its going to be good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As soon as we knew she was pregnant, I automatically figured something would happen where (short of an abortion), that Carrie doesn't carry it to term. Then here we go, she gets shot. It was predictable.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I was just happy that Quinn shot her. I thought it'd never happen and then bang...there it was.

my sense is that Saul knows the man cuckolding him was an agent for a foreign government. Go back and watch the last episode. It's right there in his eyes.

all of the double crossing and double double crossing is getting confusing to me. I feel like I need a diagram. But the show this season is very much like watching the film Syrianna, where the characters are always steps ahead of the audience. It is fun in a way but it can also be terribly frustrating.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I find it ironic that they spent one season hiding Danes' pregnancy and now this season she is preggers

I was shocked he actually shot her and double shocked at the ending! Sal knows all along where Brody is!
wow! seeing the previews for next week!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was glad that it was Quinn who shot her and not one of the other agents. At least Quinn wasn't shooting to kill, which the other agents may have. Naja, she was only shot in the arm. The baby may still be okay, as long as she doesn't lose too much blood. But now they are surely going to find out she's pregnant when she goes to the hospital. I just can't believe they didn't do a PG test in the mental hospital. Isn't that standard procedure for any hospital admittance?

I could be mistaken about the timeline. Maybe it's only 3 months after the bomb, not 6 months. (I still want it to be Brody's baby.)

Okay, I went and looked at a recap of this season's 1st episode. Mention was made of Dana Brody's suicide attempt 58 days after the bomb went off, so maybe 3 months is more realistic. Anybody have any other thoughts?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, of course I know a baby can survive this injury to its mother. My point is they aren't going to strap down the the main character with a new baby, and one way or another, she will get out of this pregnancy. This gunshot or whatever the next trauma coming her way is.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I tend to agree, Naja. I just can't see Carrie as the motherly type. Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Well that shocked me many times.

I have to say, I'm very impressed by Homelands' ability to reinvent itself every season...and sometime within the season. This season has been positively operatic, in the best possible sense. It moved from a mundane family drama about interior ghosts in the first four episodes to a tale of Hitchcockian twists in the next four, and it's now leading toward an explosive climax. I almost feel I should watch the season again, from the beginning, as three separate episodes.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, December 02, 2013 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
So bummed about Brody's chaperone getting shot - he was so cute!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 02, 2013 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I gasped a few times this ep. I am really enjoying this season

Tishala

08-01-2000

Saturday, December 14, 2013 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The season finale of Homeland is available online at the usual sites. I just watched it...it was completely different from the previous two season finales and it appears the show will be a complete reboot next season for reasons I can't say right now without spoiling.

I'd be interested to hear how others respond to the episode.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I was shocked, kept waiting for someone to save him. Bit I guess it was time to end that story line.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
this whole season needed an erase, erase, erase button

What I fear most is Bobby/Brody coming out of the shower next season saying he had the weirdest dream ...

Horsemom2

05-09-2011

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Horsemom2 a private message Print Post    
Did not like that there was no closure for Brody's family.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Here's an interview with the show's co-creator where he addresses various questions including why/how the decision was made to off Brody and why his family was not in the finale:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/homeland-producer-alex-gansa-on-brodys-fate-carries-future-and-more-from-season-3

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I just finished Season 1 so I can't go back and read this thread as I don't want to be spoiled. But wow - Season 1 was great! My heart was just pounding. I so did not want her to undergo that horrible treatment.

Love Claire Danes. She will always be Angela on My So Called Life to me, but she's fantastic in this role.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
On Bravo (Canada) Season 2 just started and and I'm glad it's going the way I always suspected, just like Claire did.
What I like about this show is that it keeps you watching but it also gives the viewer some of the answers the viewer was waiting for during the episode, without having to wait and wait till the next episode, there is a crescendo in the whole plot quite interesting but it's best to tape it and watch it to skip commercials and keep the interest level up...

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, July 18, 2014 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I don't how many fans she had, but Brody's truculent daughter won't be around for anyone to kick around anymore:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=878244&ocid=rr-tv-news

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, July 18, 2014 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
first look at season 4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6vKiOM0Ws

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of season 4 online last night; was it also on Showtime, or was that an on-demand thing that managed to get online?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It premiered on tv last night, Tish. They didn't put it in on-demand early like some other shows.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The first two episodes were back to back on tv last night.

When it's not on I forget how full on the show is. Some harsh scenes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont have ST this year. How were the first 2 eps?

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Where in the world did they get a baby that looks so much like Brody? That is not going to help her get over his death very fast. I was actually shocked when I first saw the baby. I am still

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I caught the two episodes on Directv Audience channel. I had the same thought about the baby, Saggkl ~ I think it was the red hair.

I was disturbed any time she was left alone with the baby. I had to leave the room when I saw she was giving her a bath. You could sense where it was going even before that.