TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: How to Get Away with Murder - Thursdays on ABC: Archive through October 20, 2014 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Okay, based on all your comments, I think I'll be skipping this one.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i can't decide if i like it or not. it's just not at all what i thought the show was going to be about. i think that is confusing me more than anything.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched 1 minute of the show... but based off the title and what I've seen on commercials I assume it is about a college law professor teaching her "students" how to get away with murder. I keep thinking to myself... If I was a parent paying the tuition for my kid to learn crap like that I would be livid!!! But then I remember it's just a TV show...

I keep checking this thread several times just to see if there is something I must be missing with this show... but it looks like I haven't.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it did feel like this ep was a rerun of the first ep at times. This ep was very choppy.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pjlover, I guess I missed that he was found not guilty for the first killing... this goes to show you how wacky this show really is.

Parody or not, I think this is in very bad taste for tv viewers, a slap in the face, really. Oh yeah, we're not forced to watch...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
True, we're not forced to watch, but considering the show is from Shonda Rhimes, I am willing to give it a few episodes before deciding that I don't like it. Something was just so off on this 2nd episode for me that I found it disturbing more then intriguing.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
I'm really kind of liking this show. Also enjoying the way it skips around in time, giving you a little more information. Like in episode 1 when the character Wes flipped the coin to decide what to do with with the body, he said "heads", but in the second episodes that scene also revealed that he was lying. ItS kind of like a jigsaw puzzle, each piece reveals more of the big picture.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it too. I liked Wes - want to see how this all rolls out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im actually wondering if its a game and her husband isnt truly dead, just playing dead. They do try and do the perfect murder and the rest of the class has to see if they can solve it

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
Pamy, that thought's crossed my mind as well.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Maybe it is because I missed the first episode but I was confused often.

Also, the scenes seem so dark, like they aren't using enough lighting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed the second show very much. Curious what is up with the young people murder/death.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I love the courtroom battles. Very modern twist on ol' Perry Mason.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I'm glad I'm not the only person confused from the 2nd show. Makes me feel a lot better.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Spunky, Annalise cleared the husband of killing his wife, his daughter did it. She was trying to frame her father because he killed his first wife, her mother, and was found NOT GUILTY to of that first murder. That was her job, to prove him innocent or create reasonable doubt.
I'm not sure why Annalise's husband was killed and if the kids did it or if they were helping Annalise. I will watch a few more episodes and then decide if I like it or not!
She is not teaching her students to be murderers, she is teaching them how to find reasonable doubt. That is the role of a criminal lawyer, to find reasonable doubt. It's not making fun of the legal system.
I was thinking that she killed her husband!
Too many characters for me to follow.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Muffin,
yes, in a serious-minded legal theme tv show the role of the defense lawyer is to find reasonable doubt... there is plenty of doubt in this one but one that could easily be removed with the proper investigation, which this show doesn't want to go into. Anyway, the show is clearly a parody of the legal system, nothing to take too much to heart, I guess.

We won't be missing much if we skip this one.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
this was a good episode!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"why is your penis on a dead girl's phone", OMG!!!

That commercial really paid off, I wondered what could be so telling! That is a big one.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
yes, the scene actually lived up to the hype!!

and another reason why i liked it was,
1. i could follow the story, less past/present stuff
2. it seem 'brighter' in the scenes and easier to watch

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I just figured out it is Paris, from Gilmore Girls. I loved her character then, and I love this new one as well.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was shocked at that steamy sex scene. Middle america was probably clutching their pearls!

I was thinking how gorgeous Viola, especially in this ep and then at the end taking off her wig and makeup. great scene

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pamy that was a little startling, LOL, and not at all expected.

I sure there was mucho pearl clutching.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't clutch any pearls, but I was thinking, "How far are they going to go" lol

Boberg

10-04-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
I don't get Viola being so upset about her husband's dalliances???? She has her own dalliances why all the self righteousness and tears.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's the dalliances that have her so upset...I think it's more that he may be the killer...