TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 04, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 04, 2014 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks Brenda.. I almost thought it was the woman Finch saved from execution... and what Root and Shaw were doing at the computer site who managed to alter those servers and hide them from Decima.
However, I wouldn't want to be all about survival for next season, they should be able to always stay a step ahead of everyone else... there's the fun!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Anyone notice if the reformed cop (Lionel Fusco) was on the protected list? I know Reese, Finch, Root and Shaw are on it as well as those computer geeks that were helping Root (which I assume means they will be back next season and probably in a more prominent role) but I blanked on the cop and deleted the episode before I thought to check. On the one hand it seems a no brainer that Samaritan will know that Fusco has been working with Finch (even if it no longer knows where Finch is) and that makes him a target but how will they have him protected/invisible while he keeps the same name/job/life?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
At the end when Samaritan asked "what are your orders" (paraphrased) and the old guy responded "no, the question is, what are your orders?" could be a very telling and pivotal moment.

I think it would be a great story line if next season starts with a jump ahead of several years when the whole country (world?) is living under a police state headed by Samaritan. Meanwhile, our group of heroes are the only people who can do anything about it because they are the only ones who are actually blocked from being recognized by the all-seeing eye of Samaritan.

In this scenario, I could even envision the bad guys helping our heroes, because they went too far by giving too much power to Samaritan and are now trapped and living under the thumb of the monster they created.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No, I don't think Fusco was on the protected list.

It certainly seems like a bleak future with Samaritan running things.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just rewatched the end of the episode.

The 7 people who Samaritan can no longer recognize as threats are:

Harold, Reese, Shaw, Root, and Root's three computer nerds who recently joined her team (Sorry, I can't remember their names).

Fusco is NOT one of the protected 7, but at one point (I think when he found Reese on the street in the black out) when Reese (I think) mentioned The Machine, Fusco said "What machine?".

I think that was meant to tell us that Fusco had never been told about the machine and since he never knew about it, Samaritan won't be able to connect him to the protected 7 heroes....especially now that Samaritan cannot recognize those 7 for who they really are.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Reese, Finch, Shaw and Root all went separate ways? We see Reese looking back at Finch. They will not be getting numbers anymore? Now they have become POI
I'm with Mictay when she said
"It was good! However I'm a little worried as to where the show can go now, one of the reason I love this show is that they get new numbers and stuff, hope it doesn't go to far away from that concept! Just my thoughts."
I surprised myself when I felt so sad the way they went their separate ways.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
This sounds promising!!

From TVGUIDE:

I loved the Person of Interest finale, but where does the show go from here? — Mel

Now that our heroes have ​assumed fake identities and ​gone into hiding, they'll have to get real jobs! "Now you've got to be Clark Kent — you've got to be the regular guy," executive producer Jonathan Nolan says. "Shaw's going to have a day job and co-workers, and so are Reese and Finch. That can be great fun and [is] also a grounded aspect of the show versus this titanic battle taking place around them." Fortunately, Root won't let Finch & Co. stay on the sidelines forever. "Our Machine's in a lot of trouble," Nolan says. "Samaritan's the bigger, tougher kid on the block. Root is going to be key to keeping our team alive and [focusing] on the question of how they put the genie back in the bottle."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree Mictay. While it did get all confusin' this machine versus that machine, Decima, Vigilance, etc. etc. etc., I'm glad that story line is behind us and look forward to the new season. I am going to miss the Vigilance group. I totally "got them" and their hatred for the government spying on citizens. I honestly believe that if we didn't have the story line of the two machines, we would have been bored with them getting a number week in and week out.

The thought of Shaw having to get along with co-workers is flipping hysterical.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I was excited to read this! Gives me hope that they have thought to the next season!! Can't wait already!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I've just about given up on this show. Not into all the shoot 'em up week in, week out. I liked when they got a number or numbers because there was always another subplot going on, so it wasn't boring, but now they've just brought in too many people to keep up with.

I've never liked Root one little bit...she's crazy and now they want to make her sane all of a sudden?

Why do the writers feel the need to ruin great shows?

Lexie girl, it has been fun to watch Shaw having to get along with others, but to see her having to follow Root's orders and just watching her follow her on the street was so wrong. It should be the other way around. Root's baby voice gets on my last nerve.

I don't know why they thought getting rid of the gal cop was a good idea. Fusco is not her and I loved her interaction with Reese. It was a much better show then than all these different machines and evil people.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cricket, POI is a story about redemption. Reese, Shaw, Finch and Fusco had their redemption stories - and now it's Root's redemption.

As far as Carter is concerned, the actress that plays her knew before the first season even aired that she would be killed off by the third season but she had no problem with it because she didn't want to be tied long-term to a TV show. As upset as I was the night I watched the show where she was killed off, I was fine with it when I saw her interviews on TV or read them that she had never planned to stay more than three seasons.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
If they just kept getting numbers and helping people, we would be seeing reruns each week. I would have gotten bored and quit watching.

I have to admit I was starting to get confused with all the groups and machines. Sometimes, I had to pause just to go over things and get back on track with the story line. But, that was the fun of it and it all came into order so beautifully by the end of this season.

I'm really looking forward to what they are doing next.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket, POI is a story about redemption. Reese, Shaw, Finch and Fusco had their redemption stories - and now it's Root's redemption.

I never realized that Lexie Girl. I never saw the 'bad' Shaw & Finch so they've always seemed okay and Fusco was never 'crazy.' I just don't like Root's character and the Finch/Carter made a great team, along with Finch.

I got so confused the last two episodes, I just gave up caring.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Shaw was a paid assasin spy type. Fusco was a dirty cop. Finch feels responsible for making the machine and the damage it is capable of inflicting if in the wrong hands. Also guilt about endangering people and lived ones (his fiance).

I'm not sure I realized it until Lexie pointed it out, but all the characters seem to have that kind of theme. And I like Root and all her quirkiness.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Even Carter's ex husband and the father of her son had a redemption story line. She knew her ex would take care of their son.

Debsshelties

06-01-2011

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debsshelties a private message Print Post    
This one started a new season last night, looks good as they have new challenges

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite shows, so glad it is back.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It was great how they wrapped up the ending from last season and immediately gave the team a fresh new purpose. I feel the writers have a knack for breathing new life into the show each season.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Supposedly they were doing their 'jobs' for a while but they didn't waste time to revive that whole 'got the number' thing, sure Samaritan looks scary but I'm curious to see how this ghost network will remain anonymous, to see Reese finally inside the police next to Fusco makes me feel better for him...
I just love Root with Shaw... they're funny together.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love Root and Shaw too. And it will be fun to see John and Fusco as partners.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just watched last Tuesday's show so I am ready for tomorrow night. I get confused, but I love it. Happy it's back. When people ask at the end of a season if show will be back, critic on the radio always says, "Yes, no question about it."

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Love that John is Fusco's new partner!!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sooooo... at the end of the episode was the message from Samaritan or from "The Machine"?

Whichever it was seems like it is building an "army" of Root-type people... that is why I thought maybe it is The Machine. But I'm afraid it's Samaritan...

Seems like we'll see the character (Claire) again sometime,

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think it was from Samaritan. I don't try too hard to follow all that stuff. I just love the show. Certainly not my usual kinda thing. I've watched and enjoyed POI from beginning.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't follow that stuff too much either. I figure the writers know what they are doing and will let us know in due time. I do love this show for the characters and the way they go about doing whatever it is they are suppose to be doing. Pure entertainment!